Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tea or coffee which always gets this weird reaction. I just don’t like it and don’t get the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Jack Nicholson

The Office

Will Ferrell

Adam Sandler

• Registered Users Posts: 24,811 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The office I loved when it was out first but you see it on Gold now and it’s aged terribly in every aspect from the acting to the storylines..

Probably international parties.

They tend to produce the most meaningless, superficial, and fake conversations where everyone parks their real personality at the door, to then talk sh1te about how great their culture is.

I've no idea why they're so popular.

I hate them.

In fact I'd go as far as saying that it takes a certain kind of person to regularly attend these that I could never, ever be friends with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Curry

Halloween

Violent or gory-like films, shows, or books (Harry Potter even, will take a pass)

...apparently there are tons of popular things of which I am not fond :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

SUVs and crossovers. Either bland or ugly.

House extensions and home "improvements": most of them in this country are awful stuck-on carbuncles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Total tosh

Gamepads

USB C

Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Superhero movies like Bond, where you know the hero can't really die no matter what precarious predicament they find themselves in.

Watched a Bond movie, Spectre, the other day and there's no suspense because he'll get out of whatever situation he's in without a scratch.

Did you just call Bond a "superhero" movie?

I'm assuming you haven't seen the latest Bond?

Spoiler alert...

Post edited by AckwelFoley on

• Advertisement

1. Watching sport on TV
    2. Talking about soccer and GAA like it's a religion
    3. Driving in the middle lane of the M50
    4. Driving on the outer lane on a motorway
    5. Liking Garth Brooks (what the hell is that all about?)
    6. Poor/boring style

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I actually do no like or drink tea , but that post makes me want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah Bond is kind of super hero assassin.

Haven't seen the last one. Now I'm interested.

But does everybody like international parties, or even know what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Id eat almost anything

But cant stand olives and cucumber

I hate Tomatoes. I can live with them in pizzas but let’s keep fruit out of salads and sandwiches. Avocado too but avocado isn’t that popular.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

GAA football and hurling. Its like a religion to these Joe brolly scrotum face looking fucktards.

County players walking around like they're black Jesus. Literally couldn't give less of a toss about you mate. Nobody outside Roscommon knows you.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

The office is absolutely timeless. Everybody knows a few David Brents, and this portrayal will ensure that the office stands the test of time, whether you appreciate the humour or not which is of course subjective.

The office also nailed certain aspects of modern life as we know it, such as these Instagram 'influncers' who are famous for being famous and make a living by turning up at nightclubs and the like, as seen in the Christmas episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Garth Brooks

Mrs Brown's Boys

Coronation Street

Harry Fukking Potter

Croke Park site ( GAA sport is good to watch on TV and good for youth though )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Boojum. Its awful, 3 times ive given it a go, and crap every time, On a par with a microwaveable burrito from Lidl. Pablo picante, bell burritos, el grito, anywhere else is far better.

Those end of year tv/radio shows which are basically lists of shyte that happened that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Rolling Stones. They almost never grabbed my ear properly, but I recently decided to give their Forty Licks compilation a full listen. Out of 40 singles over 40 years, I found one song I liked (Street Fighting Man) and maybe three more that I might call interesting. In each period, many other bands were doing more interesting things e.g. in the 60s there were The Beatles then The Who, then Progressive Rock took off.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Salted caramel. I know everyone says it enhances the flavour, adds a layer of complexity yadda yadda. I still find the mix of salty and sweet vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Onions, I hate the smell, taste and texture.

Puffa jackets. They all look like things you put on your copper cylinder.

Advertisement