Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Those nespresso coffee machines. The coffee is lukewarm, and they can’t be much good for the environment.

Lot of bollocks talked about coffee tbh. Couple of table spoons of Lavazza into one of those press things with boiling water does the trick.

Fuck the environment. The coffee is grand, as long as you don't dilute it with cold milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The first and second Avengers movies were tripe, Infinity war and end game were good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Those nespresso coffee machines. The coffee is lukewarm, and they can’t be much good for the environment.

Lot of bollocks talked about coffee tbh. Couple of table spoons of Lavazza into one of those press things with boiling water does the trick.

I normally make a cup of boiling water and add the nespresso shot in on top of it to keep the coffee warm. Otherwise yeah it's cold in 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

That 1989 Oscars clip with Snow White and Rob Lowe. Great seeing Cyd Charisse and Roy Rogers - real Hollywood legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

You can't beat a bean to cup coffee machine. None of that spooning ground coffee into a press that then requires cleaning and associated boiling of a kettle of water that you've probably boiled far too much water in the first place which doesn't help the environment one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

People. Interactions with people. Especially small talk.

People talking for the sake of talking.

Silence is underrated.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

highdef wrote: »
    You can't beat a bean to cup coffee machine. None of that spooning ground coffee into a press that then requires cleaning and associated boiling of a kettle of water that you've probably boiled far too much water in the first place which doesn't help the environment one bit.

Ya, because a bean to cup machine requires absolutely no cleaning. I just use the coffee grounds in the garden. The magic of a €10 press is it has helpful markings on the side of it to indicate how much water you’ve added. Through rigorous experiment you can quickly find out how many portions of hot coffee that produces. Hot being the operative word.

The whole coffee thing is weird. It’s the fetishisation of a caffeinated drink so it can be used to market overpriced things at them. It’s even become an attribute that boring people deem to be part of their personality - coffee snob, coffee head, can’t do anything in the morning without that first cup of Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭sporina

I love a fried egg, or a poached egg, or even a soft/medium boiled egg.

But give me scrambled egg or an omelette and I'll gag and feel nauseous eating them. I don't know why really.

gee its mad.. I am weird with eggs and the total opposite of you.. can eat them scrambled/in an omelette.. but cannot stand to even look at them fried/poached/boiled.. its the yolk I have a fear of.. even typing that gives me the shivers.. surely there must be some science behind this?

Big fan of anything cherry flavored, can't stand the real things. Go figure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Love/Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

The programme Friends

dont think anyone likes it now. its aged really badly. cant really explain it but eveyone thought it funny incl myself back in the 90s. tv prog scrubs aged terribly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

dont think anyone likes it now. its aged really badly. cant really explain it but eveyone thought it funny incl myself back in the 90s. tv prog scrubs aged terribly too.

I hated it in the 90s.

like me and chickpeas.. dislike them - but lovvvve hummus.. weird..

sporina wrote: »

Flavored hummus from nandos is great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Golf and people who play golf.

Wandering around an expensively manicured field in stupid clothes with sticks of varying sizes trying to put a ball in a tiny hole. The culture surrounding it, the waste of land and water, the whispered reverence with how fans speak about top golfers, the fact that there doesn't seem to be a season and it's always on TV. Just about the only thing Chairman Mao was right about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭appledrop

In the opposite. Love real cherries but can't stand anything cherry flavoured!

bunny_mac wrote: »
    I hated it in the 90s.

I also hated Friends in 90s but couldn't admit it because as a teenager it would have been like admitting I was a leper!

To hear people droning on about it in school used to do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Humans
    Tomatoes
    Pizza
    GAA
    Religions & Cults
    Coffee
    Alcohol
    "Beauty" Products: all forms of make-up, nail polish, lip filler, pretty much anything and everything you can think of -> you don't need this false manufactured crap to look good!

Cucumber. Melon. Can't eat either.

• Advertisement

Coriander where I live. It's in everything so I always have to order things without it, even things that would usually never have it, because you can get unlucky and some weirdo who likes it on their ice cream might serve you it. I'm one of the small minority of people who have the gene that makes it taste like soap.

Cucumber. Melon. Can't eat either.

I adore Melon but can't stand cucumber.

If its say in a salad people say 'Oh just don't eat it' but they don't realise that for me taste is so strong that whole salad is ruined as it all just tastes of cucumber.

Vile stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Home design or home improvement shows
    Unless you're loaded with an extravagant house (or even lucky enough to own your own house these days), you'll always feel miserable after watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Weddings
    Coffee
    Father Fcuking Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I hate liver but love pâté.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

gee its mad.. I am weird with eggs and the total opposite of you.. can eat them scrambled/in an omelette.. but cannot stand to even look at them fried/poached/boiled.. its the yolk I have a fear of.. even typing that gives me the shivers.. surely there must be some science behind this?

I used to be the same but due to an misunderstanding while staying in someone's house, I was served up poached eggs and toast for breakfast. Out of awkwardness I decided to be a big boy and just eat the eggs. Despite myself, I really enjoyed them.
    Progressed onto fried eggs a couple of years later.
    Still won't do boiled eggs.

For me, I can't stand a cooked yolk - I like it runny.

I used to be the same but due to an misunderstanding while staying in someone's house, I was served up poached eggs and toast for breakfast. Out of awkwardness I decided to be a big boy and just eat the eggs. Despite myself, I really enjoyed them.
    Progressed onto fried eggs a couple of years later.
    Still won't do boiled eggs.

For me, I can't stand a cooked yolk - I like it runny.

oh gosh - even reading your post - esp the last word.. makes my tummy flip ekk..

but glad you have overcome your dislike somewhat..

maybe the word "phobia" is a stretch.. but I really have an irrational dislike for yolks

Eating fish and seafood

Smells like a dirty vagina

Shouting and roaring.

• Advertisement

Eating fish and seafood

Smells like a dirty vagina

You’re either eating the wrong fish or eating the wrong fanny.

Advertisement