Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mimon wrote: »
    Never got people not liking them, as they have such a variety of stuff that they cut across generes etc.

Just out of interest have you listened to much of their stuff? I think some people who don't like them think that they just do the jingly jangly stuff from their early career.

I recommend sparking up a big spliff and lie back and listen to Sgt Pepper's :)
    I never liked them either. I liked John Lennon as a solo artist but I could never get into The Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

bunny_mac wrote: »
    Music festivals. I will never, ever understand the appeal. I've tried, god knows I've tried. I've been to Glastonbury and Electric Picnic and another one in England I can't remember the name of and... I just don't get it. They were all torture. Glastonbury especially. Way too many people, it takes about an hour to get from one stage to another, the toilets are godawful, you have to queue for ages to get a drink or food. Maybe if I took lots of drugs it would've been bearable. Maybe that's the secret...

Same! I just feel like everyone at them is filthy. Drinking, smoking, jumping around in the mud, having the ride in your tent (if you're lucky) :D and then they just "wash" themselves with baby wipes. I remember being at one that charged £30 for a shower. On the second day I didn't care, I splashed out! I was in the very early stages of pregnancy at the last one I went to, and part of me to this day is still convinced the reason I lost the baby is because of the terrible hygiene in the portaloos and I wonder if I caught something.

That one was definitely worse not being able to drink!

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    X factor.

What a load of rubbish that was but everyone seemed to love it.

And the people who actually buy the over edited fake sob stories are lacking in something...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Those nespresso coffee machines. The coffee is lukewarm, and they can’t be much good for the environment.

Lot of bollocks talked about coffee tbh. Couple of table spoons of Lavazza into one of those press things with boiling water does the trick.
    capsules are pricey but peoples have figured out how to refill them

press things :mad:

get you a proper octagonal Moka Pot one cup or half cup size and pack in a little more coffee than seems safe

If it doesn't explode you could have added more coffee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The whole coffee thing is weird. It’s the fetishisation of a caffeinated drink so it can be used to market overpriced things at them. It’s even become an attribute that boring people deem to be part of their personality - coffee snob, coffee head, can’t do anything in the morning without that first cup of Joe.
    ALL caffeinated products should list their caffeine content.

Love coffee but hate Maxwell House and coffee cake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Love coffee but hate Maxwell House and coffee cake

I love coffee but coffee-flavoured anything is the devil's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Cars, its nice that they get from a to b quickly but other than that everything about them is boring

Greyfox wrote: »
    Cars, its nice that they get from a to b quickly but other than that everything about them is boring

Same as. I've always been firmly in the "function over form" camp when it comes to cars. I can understand why someone might want to splash out if they can afford it, in the same way someone else might not understand my luxuries etc. But most of the people I know who are idiotic about their cars could really do better trying to sort out their credit cards or an independent abode first!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bunny_mac wrote: »
    I love coffee but coffee-flavoured anything is the devil's work.

Are you me?

I love coffee. I love stout. Coffee stout fcuk off.

I love coffee. I love cake. Coffee cake fcuk off.

Etc. Etc.

Greyfox wrote: »
    Too many electronics that are beyond economic repair the minute it's out of warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Yep, stopped going to the local forest on weekends, will usually go straight from work during the week.

Even a local stretch of canal is jammed at the weekend, say a 2km stretch pre covid you would meet 4/5 people on average, now probably 10 times that if the weather is decent.

The beach in Balbriggan is the same. I prefer to walk north along the coast and find a nice secluded spot with no people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Breakfast in bed.

Touted as a luxurious experience, it really isn’t. You’re balancing your food on an inadequately small surface on your legs, you’re sitting in an unnatural position in furniture that wasn’t designed for sitting in, and your food is too far away from your face.

Edit: Even in a hospital, they have those trolly tray things to make it more comfortable. So eating breakfast in bed at home or in a hotel is actually a worse experience than eating a meal in a hospital, which is saying something.

Breakfast in bed.

Touted as a luxurious experience, it really isn’t. You’re balancing your food on an inadequately small surface on your legs, you’re sitting in an unnatural position in furniture that wasn’t designed for sitting in, and your food is too far away from your face.

And crumbs.
    Always hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Cheese, all of them, the smell and texture is rank, don't get the love.

Jams and Marmalades, far too sweet and sticky, yuck. Just eat fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

*Curried Chips*

what is it with the irish obsession about curried chips??? is it an irish creation? never seen it any other country not even next door in the UK, i bet even in asia they don't have it...its disgusting it looks disgusting when i'm in a takeaway and someone ahead of me is getting it and i see the server pouring it on i feel queasy in the stomach nearly makes want to turn on my heel and leave:(

Yuk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Breakfast in bed.

Edit: Even in a hospital, they have those trolly tray things to make it more comfortable. So eating breakfast in bed at home or in a hotel is actually a worse experience than eating a meal in a hospital, which is saying something.

Yeah, food debris and bed linen don't match.

Nachos.
    I like pretty much all of the elements but not piled on top of each other. Wet or melty stuff should not go on top of crispy stuff. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Barbecues. Eating outdoors is lovely but I can do without the badly charred meat.

I love barbecue sauce/ flavouring though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Barbecues. Eating outdoors is lovely but I can do without the badly charred meat.

yep always nervous when invited to barbecues, always make sure i purchase a multi pack of toilet roll beforehand with one left in the fridge;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Chicken fillet rolls-never had one.

A bit irrational, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

So folks, what we can conclude here is, that nobody likes anything.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Breakfast in bed.

This is me 100%. When people say on your birthday or special occasion etc 'Oh did you get breakfast in bed this morning'I do be like eh no thanks.

Disgusting the thought of eating food in your bed. In our house no one is allowed any food upstairs.

Whenever we are away in hotel would never dream of breakfast in bed. Thats my husband worse nightmare as he loves going to breakfast and filling up for the day! I'd be fussy enough so didn't like people picking out my breakfast for me.

Only exception would be say after a wedding when your too wrecked, but we used to just stay in bed for as long as possible then check out and have brunch instead before we drive home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Aglomerado wrote: »

I love barbecue sauce/ favouring though!

Cooked the hot dogs to perfection yesterday, just nicely cooked and brown, not charred, had to stand over them and keep turning them.

The missus arrives flings hers back on and leaves them there until they are black on both sides! She reckons barbeque stuff has to be burned :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fryup wrote: »
    *Curried Chips*

what is it with the irish obsession about curried chips??? is it an irish creation? never seen it any other country not even next door in the UK, i bet even in asia they don't have it...its disgusting it looks disgusting when i'm in a takeaway and someone ahead of me is getting it and i see the server pouring it on i feel queasy in the stomach nearly makes want to turn on my heel and leave:(

Yuk!!

The first few chips are great. But the chips below become a soggy, sloppy mess. Completey ruins the majority of the chips.

Get some chips and a tub of curry sauce. Dip away to your hearts content. Get that great chip and curry sauce flavour without ruining 90% of your chips.

fryup wrote: »
    yep always nervous when invited to barbecues, always make sure i purchase a multi pack of toilet roll beforehand with one left in the fridge;)
    Like pork the trick is to nuke the meat in a microwave thoroughly before hand and then use the grill or BBQ to flavour it.

And why does the smoke follow me when I move away from it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Cooked the hot dogs to perfection yesterday, just nicely cooked and brown, not charred, had to stand over them and keep turning them.

The missus arrives flings hers back on and leaves them there until they are black on both sides! She reckons barbeque stuff has to be burned :confused:

It's not a barbecue unless the meat is charred! I adore that taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

Beer-yuck
    Cats
    Many many things on Netflix that people keep recommending, peaky blinders most notable.
    Chicken fillet rolls-never had one.
    Tea.
    Salads

how can you know you dislike something if you never had one? :pac:

Guiness

Coffee

Social media

Chicken fillet rolls......pukeville

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Long walks on the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

imfml wrote: »
    Long walks on the beach.

Walks in general. I love cycling and would go out and do 3-4 hours but the idea of a 45 minute walk will keep me glued to the couch, no thanks.

Advertisement