Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

Being attracted to getting 8K tellys.

Getting the newest best blu ray player and blu ray discs.

My gaming laptop has no dvd disc player.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

St. Patrick's Day parades.
    Got too many drenchings and perishings at them as a nipper. Still scarred.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Roaring at players at matches.
    Bruce Springsteen.
    "Red" sauce.
    Game of Thrones, any of the tits/swords/dragons genre.
    A Handmaids Tale. Just. Grim. No let up.
    Buying a lockdown pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

Reaaaallly dislike all spirits.. like whiskey, brandy, vodka etc.. i must be missing a few taste buds or something.. but I am glad I don't like em.. to me - spirits are like something you use in a car for fuel lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

fryup wrote: »
    yep always nervous when invited to barbecues, always make sure i purchase a multi pack of toilet roll beforehand with one left in the fridge;)

I'm not a massive meat eater anyway which doesn't help.
    I'll eat all the corn on the cob though, which has its own "after effects". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

sporina wrote: »
    Reaaaallly dislike all spirits.. like whiskey, brandy, vodka etc.. i must be missing a few taste buds or something.. but I am glad I don't like em.. to me - spirits are like something you use in a car for fuel lol

Like petroleum spirit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

Like petroleum spirit?

lol yeah... they remind me of paint stripper too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

appledrop wrote: »
    It's not a barbecue unless the meat is charred! I adore that taste.

Carcinogens, yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Any boring "gripping" British drama that you just have to watch. Line of duty, Doctor Foster, bodyguard. Stale acting with such a tight grip on me I'm falling asleep. I mean really, the premise of these shows is all just some variation on the theme of Duty against all odds, boring af.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 clunky

Robert Downey Junior, smug ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

A love supreme, Coltrane .
    It’s Beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Any boring "gripping" British drama that you just have to watch. Line of duty, Doctor Foster, bodyguard. Stale acting with such a tight grip on me I'm falling asleep. I mean really, the premise of these shows is all just some variation on the theme of Duty against all odds, boring af.

I abhor cop shows, always have, with the exception of The Wire because it's the only one doesn't portray a completely unrealistic vision of the police as these morally pure, clever, brave heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Restaurants and takeaways.

Would rather have a homecooked meal any day. Full control of ingredients, portion size, temperature, seasoning, and service.

Eating out can be be so hit or miss. Would rather eat at home and catch up with someone for coffee instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,295 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not the biggest fan of eating out either I just find the whole thing very formal and uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Coriander...absolutely disgusting. May as well stir some blood into a salad

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

fryup wrote: »
    *Curried Chips*

what is it with the irish obsession about curried chips??? is it an irish creation? never seen it any other country not even next door in the UK, i bet even in asia they don't have it...its disgusting it looks disgusting when i'm in a takeaway and someone ahead of me is getting it and i see the server pouring it on i feel queasy in the stomach nearly makes want to turn on my heel and leave:(

Yuk!!
    Don't ever go to the Netherlands then. Chips there come with the choice of a bewildering array of sauces, including curry, but one of the weirdest ones is patat oorlog (war chips) which comes with mayonnaise, peanut sauce and chopped onions. Quite nice really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Penn wrote: »
    The first few chips are great. But the chips below become a soggy, sloppy mess. Completey ruins the majority of the chips.

Get some chips and a tub of curry sauce. Dip away to your hearts content. Get that great chip and curry sauce flavour without ruining 90% of your chips.

Get an extra bag of chips and add them to the mix ... sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

Rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Restaurants and takeaways.

Would rather have a homecooked meal any day. Full control of ingredients, portion size, temperature, seasoning, and service.

I disagree but as homecooking is so much healthier id love to be able to agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Salted caramel. The spawn of Satan and its everywhere, in biscuits, in bars, in chocolates and I wish it would just f*ck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

UsBus wrote: »
    Coriander...absolutely disgusting. May as well stir some blood into a salad

Don't say that . I just bought a big spig of it for an Indian im making !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'm not the biggest fan of eating out either I just find the whole thing very formal and uncomfortable.
    Especially when tipping and splitting bills are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

mushrooms. delivered from the depths of hell itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭randd1

Maybe you just haven't found the right girl to eat yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

People calling themselves their dog or cat's parent. Like "I'm a dog mom" or similar. Not unless you're an actual bitch in the canine sense you didn't physically give birth to your dog. They're your pet, you're their owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Soccer, its a children's game FFS.

Take away food, muck for lazy bast***s

BBQ...... Its not cooking! It's charred meat.

OldRio wrote: »
    Soccer, its a children's game FFS.

Take away food, muck for lazy bast***s

BBQ...... Its not cooking! It's charred meat.

Yeh soccer, great to play but horrific to watch. Was into it when younger but like WWF wrestling grew out of it.

People who are into it generally talk more about the soap opera that accompanies with it than the game itself. Don't get me started on the fans that say we when they refer top the English team they support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Bruce Springsteen.

Couldn't agree more. Who wants to listen to a poor singer, who's a millionaire, singing about how crap life is being poor.

• Advertisement

Especially when tipping and splitting bills are involved.

Splitting bills based on what you ate is horrible.

Maybe with people drinking and other people not there is an argument for it. You do get the occasional lad who will order 3 main courses, various sides and 3 nans for himself at an Indian.

Still for me it is undignified to start counting up based who ate what etc. during a social outing.

Advertisement