Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruining a wedding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

hopgirl wrote: »
    He lasted until the starter and then was put to bed. Wasn't even there for the speeches or the first dance. Him and his friends were drinking the night before the wedding and in the morning.

That's a scummy thing to do. He had little respect for his wife.

Are they still together I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

I just checked with our venue, apparently there's a safe in the bridal suite! Glad I checked, the best man can just nip off every few hours to sort it!

Thats what we did at ours the best man had the key to the bridal suite and the safe in the suite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'd have left him stumbling in the church if he couldn't be arsed being involved in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

Yeah still together to be fair she is as bad as him so there is two of them in it. The priest wasn't impressed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

My ex girlfriend who I’m still great friends with was in the army a few years ago and her mother got engaged to her long time partner. Foreign wedding organised and I was supposed to go but we broke up on the meantime so that put pay to that. But we were still friends. So she goes to the Leb for 6 months and the wedding would be in the middle of her time overseas. She had organised the time off to fly back, fly to the wedding and be bridesmaid. That was until she got her interview for the Gardai and decided to fly back for that instead. It meant she didn’t have enough leave left to attend the wedding and missed it. It didn’t go down well at all and there’s still a rift in the family because of it.

On a side note I wasn’t invited as we had broken up but I was still friendly with her family so I sent her mum a wedding card with 20 quid in it as a token gift. She sent a thank you note back to me which I thought was very sweet.

• Advertisement

xavier8228 wrote: »
    My ex girlfriend who I’m still great friends with was in the army a few years ago and her mother got engaged to her long time partner. Foreign wedding organised and I was supposed to go but we broke up on the meantime so that put pay to that. But we were still friends. So she goes to the Leb for 6 months and the wedding would be in the middle of her time overseas. She had organised the time off to fly back, fly to the wedding and be bridesmaid. That was until she got her interview for the Gardai and decided to fly back for that instead. It meant she didn’t have enough leave left to attend the wedding and missed it. It didn’t go down well at all and there’s still a rift in the family because of it.

On a side note I wasn’t invited as we had broken up but I was still friendly with her family so I sent her mum a wedding card with 20 quid in it as a token gift. She sent a thank you note back to me which I thought was very sweet.

Did she get the guards?

People really need to concentrate on tying up the loose ends

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I went to Vegas on a stag. We were having a great time but one of the lads dropped roofies in our beverages because he thought it was yokes. Hilarity ensued. They made a film about our exploits in the end. I think it was called Jurassic Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Many years ago due to my job then I would have been in contact with photographers. One, to protect the innocent, (and not so innocent) I will call Pat. Pat was from Belfast and had been a staff photographer for a Northern Ireland newspaper. On retirement he and his wife sold there house in Belfast and moved to the Republic to live in a holiday home they had built a few years before.
    Pat started doing weddings, and being particularily good at what he did soon became as busy as he had been before retirement.
    One day I called to see him and there was a youngish lad leaving quickly carrying one of those early video recording camera`s and different leads and what nots hanging out of him. Pat was muttering "fecking eejit" and when I asked him what was up he told me the following.
    A local girl who was getting married called to him about doing her wedding pictures. She was also interested in videoing the days events.
    Pat told her he didn`t do video, so off she went. Few days later she called back and said she had a lad that would, but would Pat be happy to do the photos. No bother says Pat and everything went well on the day. Or at least Pat thought they had until this particular day. The camera operator turned up and said "Pat, we have a problem. I hadn`t the sound turned on" "Not much you can do about that now" says Pat. The camera operator had other ideas.
    Somehow he figured he could dub in background noise for the church and even though there was no solution for the rest of the day, figured if he could just dub in the exchanging of vows and the bride might still be ok with it. His master plan was he would voice the part of the groom, Pat would do the priest and Pat`s wife the bride. That suggestion was the reason for the hasty departure I saw on arrival.
    As Pat said it really wasn`t much of a thought out plan to begin with. He doubted the groom would recognise it was not his voice and the bride was surely going to notice that on the day both herself and the priest had somehow mysteriously deveeloped strong Belfast accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

^^I spat my tea out laughing.
    Was the videographer's name "Del"?

To thine own self be true

One of my mates used to be a wedding photographer. I stress the word used. :D

At one wedding he took the family photo when the bride had her eyes closed. He should have noticed it and retaken the photo but he didn't.

When he was printing the photos he noticed that the bride had her eyes closed and it was the only photo with all her family in it so he decided to photoshop her eyes open. He did this but he got the scale a bit wrong. Her eyes ended up looking something like the ones in the pic below.

e9esHgv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

optogirl wrote: »
    We had our wedding at a place which changed ownership between us booking & getting married there. When we went out to meet the new managers before the wedding they were the snottiest pair of bit*hes ever & we were totally taken aback by their attitude- they were in a hurry to get all bookings off their hands and renovate so we were a fly in the ointment by expecting to use their lovely manor to have our wedding in...We had a fantastic day but the manager did her best to cause issues:

1. My brother in law was walking my one and a half year old niece around outside. Manager asks him ' have you a highchair organised for her?' My bro in law explains that someone is coming to collect my niece before the food. Laura motions to my friend comforting his crying 8 month old and asks 'any chance they'll take that one away too?'

2. At one stage (about 10 mins after the ceremony when I'm outside schmoozing) she came over to me and barked 'there's a problem with your table plan. It's not going to work. You need to sort it out now' She was so snotty. We sorted it out, all was fine.

3. Before we walk into the room for the meal she is waiting to announce us so I say 'Can you just say Bride & Groom instead of Mr & Mrs xxx, I'm not changing my name. 'Oh' says she, with a look of disdain, 'you're one of them'.

4. Before the speeches she asked that we announce that she has lost her Nokia phone. We do that. 10 minutes later (10 minutes into the speeches) she asks if we can do it again. My husband says 'were not actually bothered about your missing phone.' She says 'I left it in the bathroom and somebody's lifted it'. We look at her in disbelief and she walks away. .....then......... she rang the Gardai. My husband went out to talk to them and said they were absolutely sound about it and were giving him knowing looks as if they'd been here before! I didn't know they'd been until after they had left and they never came inside. We just found it so pathetic. A Nokia? Here's 20 quid ya mad old bint, buy yourself a new one.

We were on such a high that we actually just feel sorry for her and the next day were crying laughing about it but what a truly horrible person.

Was it a venue in Leixlip by any chance? There was uproar a few years ago when it changed hands and prices were jacked up by the new owners shortly before (within a few weeks) of a lot of weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

^^I spat my tea out laughing.
    Was the videographer's name "Del"?

I didn`t notice a three wheeled van, but now you mention it he was a tall young gangly lad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

KevRossi wrote: »
    I know a best man who robbed all the money out of the cards. I mean all of it. Admitted it too. The rumour was it was used to pay off gambling debts to some dodgy people, but I've no idea if that's true or not.

He never paid them back fully, probably half the money. He's still mates with the bride and groom AFAIK.

The story is well known around Co. Roscommon.

I overheard a conversation about a very similar situation,possibly an urban myth where the groom robbed the money from the envelopes but was caught on CCTV when it was reviewed. TBH it doesnt make much sense that hed robbed money that was half going to him anyway which is why I think it might be not entirely true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I overheard a conversation about a very similar situation,possibly an urban myth where the groom robbed the money from the envelopes but was caught on CCTV when it was reviewed. TBH it doesnt make much sense that hed robbed money that was half going to him anyway which is why I think it might be not entirely true.

Probably not true, but can see how it could happen. If groom owed money he didn't want his wife to know about whip the cards, pay his debt. Gnash his teeth and cry foul to the bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dubious alright.
    Maybe they had promised a cut to a relative who advanced them money to pay for the wedding.
    But then you would only want to disappear some envelopes as too obvious.
    Was the groom going to try to claim the hotel for the lost money or something

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭galwayguy85

I don’t really have any plans to ruin a wedding, per se, but rather a wedding anniversary!

To cut a long story short, I had to suffer working alongside a total prick of a man and his ‘Katalogfrau‘ - it’s sad that some women use arranged marriages to bypass the visa process etc to gain access to first world.

I’ve moved onto a better paying job since. While I was there, I retrieved their private address from the company database. I was also able to get the date they got married on from social media... a lesson to all of us. Be careful about what you put on Fakebook and Instagram!

They’ll be getting this lovely postcard later in the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don’t really have any plans to ruin a wedding, per se, but rather a wedding anniversary!

To cut a long story short, I had to suffer working alongside a total prick of a man and his ‘Katalogfrau‘ - it’s sad that some women use arranged marriages to bypass the visa process etc to gain access to first world.

I’ve moved onto a better paying job since. While I was there, I retrieved their private address from the company database. I was also able to get the date they got married on from social media... a lesson to all of us. Be careful about what you put on Fakebook and Instagram!

I can't make much sense of this post but I suspect that it says more about you than any couple.

What are you actually on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I can't make much sense of this post but I suspect that it says more about you than any couple.

What are you actually on about?

Sounds like mail order bride/sham wedding that he plans on reporting rather than just moving on with his life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You planning on growing a set and signing it or do you only send childish hate mail anonymously?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sounds like mail order bride/sham wedding that he plans on reporting rather than just moving on with his life

Well, he said that he knows "their" address so it might be genuine. Post just makes no sense as it is written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

jester77 wrote: »
    There was a lad that was in a group of friends I hung out with. I was at his first wedding, girl was a stunner. They ended up splitting up shortly after and then later getting divorced. I had left Ireland at that stage and wasn't in contact with him, but he moved on and met someone and was getting married again. Some of my mates were at this wedding and it was time for the speeches. The lad stood up and wanted to toast his new wife and he called her by the ex-wifes name. Didn't go down well.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Video evidence of weddings ruined be appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Please say you're only kidding. Whatever your erstwhile colleague did to you, I'm sure his wife doesn't deserve such a lovely card. Imagine living in a country where your best hope as a woman is to 'list' yourself in a catalogue. I'd be hoping it worked out for her, and my card would reflect that.

You ARE joking, i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sounds like there was more than 1 total prick working there.

At minimum close your account. Might be safer to burn your PC (and that postcard). Embarrassed for you.

If this was recent enough (I think since 25th May 2018), you might have broken the law, GDPR and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

If this was recent enough (I think since 25th May 2018), you might have broken the law, GDPR and all that.

It was illegal long before GDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Someone mentioned going to the wrong hotel,

Oh god - I've done that! :o

I was out the night before and got to bed at 9:30... am...

I had planned on starting to get ready at 11am but that didn't happen, and I missed the church entirely. I made it to the hotel in time for the (wrong) bride and groom arriving in the wedding car, briefly wondered if there was more than one reception at the hotel, checked the invitation, and buggered off to the correct, similarly named hotel five minutes down the road. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

tenor.gif?itemid=4693590

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Not sure what you hope to gain by this. It’ll only cause distress to the recipient and whatever satisfaction you think you’ll get will be short-lived. Plus if you’re caught, it’ll reflect very poorly on you.

Advertisement