Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Love M People and that track - thanks for the reminder of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

That's a great song!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 24th place with 6 points

Mam of 4

Joe Jackson – Steppin Out

I really like this choice, I can vibe it especially heading straight out of the office and into the town… when that used to be a thing. Nice choice and one I would not necessarily have thought about myself when it comes to a Friday Feeling – but it absolutely works!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's quite early....eyes up bottle of wine...is it too early?

1. Are you working? If yes, proceed to question 2. If no, the only question should be do you need a corkscrew?

2. If you are working are you a) working on your employer's premises?; or b) working from home?
    If a) - maybe some vodka in your coffee mug might be a little more inconspicuous.
    If b) - do you need a corkscrew?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 23rd place with 7 points

Sephiroth_dude

Casiopea – Eyes of the Mind

Oh Seph, Seph :/ this is a decent track but your original entry was so much better. Didn’t think I’d be vibing the instrumentals but these guys are infectiously fun. But I had the original highly ranked after one or two listens and this one just fell short of my lofty expectations for these lads.

Here’s the original submission btw – I just feel this was a much better fit for the round and could very well have topped this category, definitely would have cracked the top 10. But, c’est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Zaph wrote: »
    1. Are you working? If yes, proceed to question 2. If no, the only question should be do you need a corkscrew?

2. If you are working are you a) working on your employer's premises?; or b) working from home?
    If a) - maybe some vodka in your coffee mug might be a little more inconspicuous.
    If b) - do you need a corkscrew?

If 2(a), get yourself one of these and they can't say you didn't say anything!
    414evjTKz2L.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Necro wrote: »
    In 24th place with 6 points

Mam of 4

Joe Jackson – Steppin Out

I really like this choice, I can vibe it especially heading straight out of the office and into the town… when that used to be a thing. Nice choice and one I would not necessarily have thought about myself when it comes to a Friday Feeling – but it absolutely works!

This is a great song! I have heard it, but would have be hard pressed to say what it was called, or who it was by! Great choice.

Ooh they're new to me! Will check them out more later.

In 22nd place with 8 points

Barney92

Hamilton Cast – Non-Stop

This entry inspired me to watch the production on Disney Plus last night – what a phenomenal show. I think ‘My Shot’ would have been a bit more suitable for this round if I’m honest, this one isn’t giving me that ‘Friday Feeling’ per se. It’s still good mind, just suffers in the rankings as a result.

Speaking of musicals btw, you have less than an hour to get your entry into cee_jay’s Alphabet Sheep – Musicals….. GO GO GO

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058170575

Love this.

• Advertisement

In 21st place with 9 points

Barna77

Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop

I do like me some Salt N Pepa, can picture myself cruising down O’Connell Street in Sligo listening to this in a Cadillac convertible… for about 5 minutes before I get soaked to the skin and catch my death of cold :P Nice choice.

In 20th place with 10 points

Rikand

Mat Zo (Feat Linnea Schossow) - The Sky

This one is kind of hard to put into words, I like dance and house tracks that crescendo upwards and then explode in a massive release like some sort of musical ejaculation (patent pending) but this one never really got there. It’s still good, I was just a bit let down by the end if I’m honest.

Sligo? Of all the random places:D

These are just great, the top ten must be amazing!

Hang on! Is this Paint? I see a suicide parachutist!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Won't be able to listen until later but it does look like a good list, great variety too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

wow crazy cool visuals in that one Rikand.

In 19th Place with 11 points

Bubblypop

Jefferson Airplane – Somebody To Love

We go back in time and arrive at a bloody classic. The chorus of this is absolutely banging and right on point with what I think of when it comes to that Friday Feeling. Anyone else picture the babies skydiving onto yer wan's breasts in the dance version of this nowadays though? Just me then :o

Won't be able to listen until later but it does look like a good list, great variety too :)

I have a YouTube playlist to release for each round at the end as well ;)

In 18th place with 12 points

fixXxer

Lindemann – Skills in Pills

I like the overbearing guitars kicking us off, they’re very menacing. Not sure I’m massively gone on the guys voice mind. The chorus saves it here as he’s very growly, almost rasping in the verses but brings it back into a… relatively normal pitch, and it's bloody great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I do like me some Salt N Pepa, can picture myself cruising down O’Connell Street in Sligo listening to this in a Cadillac convertible… for about 5 minutes before I get soaked to the skin and catch my death of cold :P Nice choice.
    I'm from warmer shores you know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am supposed to be working but at the moment I'm having a party, dancing on my own in my living room!!!

That is amazing....

In 17th place with 13 points

Hillbilly4

Pink – Get The Party Started

I found this round very very difficult to rank, a lot of the tracks are absolutely brilliant and most, even the bottom 3 (ok, well 2 of them, the 3rd… Nope) give me what I’m looking for. In terms of bangers this is certainly a choon, a great choice and I definitely have a Friday feel – just others gave me a little bit more… also there’s that first verse line ‘Get this party started on a Saturday Night’ – Pink obviously don’t do Fridays :P

In 16th place with 14 points

JP Liz V1

Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk

Ah another banger, this is a great track. I always wonder why Mark Ronson gets the main listing and the artist that does the heavy lifting in the track gets the dreaded ‘feat.’ Tagline. Just a random thought that I’m sure someone will explain to me now :P It drops a little because at this point in my life I’ve had enough Uptown Funk to last me a THOUSAND lifetimes… still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That is amazing....

Be specific Kathleen FOR GAWDS SAKE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In 23rd place with 7 points

Sephiroth_dude

Casiopea – Eyes of the Mind

Oh Seph, Seph :/ this is a decent track but your original entry was so much better. Didn’t think I’d be vibing the instrumentals but these guys are infectiously fun. But I had the original highly ranked after one or two listens and this one just fell short of my lofty expectations for these lads.

Here’s the original submission btw – I just feel this was a much better fit for the round and could very well have topped this category, definitely would have cracked the top 10. But, c’est la vie.

Ahhh wow that's a pity, I was convinced eyes of mind was a better Friday song but no worries sure :D .

That Lindemann track reminds me of Rammstein.

In 15th place with 15 points

Speckle

Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Lookit there’s not much I can say here apart from it being a great track. Very suited to the theme, but would lose points as I’ve heard it so many times. So not a knock on the track really, just on how familiar I am with it.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Be specific Kathleen FOR GAWDS SAKE

FixXxer is amazing.....that specific enough for you.

LOCK CLEAR!:D

• Advertisement

In 14th place with 16 points

JohnGreenFan

Darude – Sandstorm

Another huge hit, loved this back in the day (God that makes me sound ancient!) Again familiarity has it lose a few places but really enjoyed this entry.

Advertisement