Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

speckle wrote: »
    And I just realised I forgot a perfect 12inch choice...haha
    JovialPlumpArgentineruddyduck-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone submit the mamas and the papas ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I just went with a song I heard about 2 weeks ago that stuck in my head, probably a risky move so I'm not expecting to do well in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone submit the mamas and the papas ? :)

Mamas of 3, 4, 5 or 100 :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sawduck wrote: »
    I just went with a song I heard about 2 weeks ago that stuck in my head, probably a risky move so I'm not expecting to do well in this round.

Who knows Sawduck, as this has shown I'm

tenor.gif

I'm going to get going in 30 minutes folks, have everything ready to go so may as well get an early start on this :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hmmm bad feeling about my entry today 🤔🤔

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And for the final time for this Walrus folks...

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Necro wrote: »

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Hmmm bad feeling about my entry today 🤔🤔

Hmmmm

giphy.gif

*Mental note to self: do next Walrus with Gordon Ramsey gifs as decriptions for my feelings on the songs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

YES WE ARE !!!

or at least I is..

• Advertisement

In 25th place with 4 points

Deleted User

Sonny & The Sunsets – Too Young To Burn

It's a bit slow and pondering to really be a blues cure imo. It's not bad. Kind of expected something a little more upbeat based on the title and it fails to deliver in that regard unfortunately.

wonders if anyone has submitted Eiffel Tower - Blue :pac:

In 24th place with 5 points

Hillbilly4

Madonna – Ray of Light

I’m not a fan of Madonna’s music, though I do give her credit for completely selling her soul on multiple occasions to remain relevant. This is grand, it’s not terrible. I remember when it came out and it was everywhere because it was Madonna and I hated it. But time is a healer and I can just about listen to it nowadays. Not much though, it's no Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up, for example. :pac::pac:

ah Ray of Light is great!

In 23rd place with 6 points

fixXxer

Blackway & Caviar - What's Up Danger

This was so disappointing if I’m honest. The first 2 mins and 45 seconds are just absolute rubbish and then we have the finish of the track, which is absolutely amazing. It was bottom 3 until those last 60 seconds which saved it, but WHY couldn’t the whole track be like that? It had the backing track the whole way through, but you have some eejit trying to sound like Will-I-Am and spitting ‘venom’ from his mic which is basically unintelligible waffle. Honestly it just annoys me every time I switch it on, but it’s actually worth it to get to the last minute of the track – which in contrast is proper banging.

In 22nd place with 7 points

Spook_ie

New Order – Blue Monday

I did a bit of a double take when going to do the write ups if I’m honest. Saw this song was down really low and had to go back for another relisten because I thought it was a mistake. Nope, turns out I like all the tracks in the round (well from here on in anyways) and this lost out as a result of being liked the least. Great choice, lovely song, just the ones above it were better in my own view.

ooh I really like that What's up Danger!

does he sound a bit like Childish Gambino??

Spook's entry gives him 7 points which puts him out in front on 77 in total for the contest... will that be enough to take home the title?

giphy.gif

In 21st place with 8 points

The purple tin
    :eek:

Billy Gibbons & Jeff Beck – Sixteen Tons

Loved this one, kicking off with power guitar from the get go. Tried to put it higher up but this is fair I reckon. Glad the same person doesn’t finish bottom in every category too, that would not be fun I can only imagine :/ Cheers for the entries though!

Lofty heights for purple tin :D

• Advertisement

love that Blue Monday, from one of my favourite movies (and LeVars least fave :D) - Ready Player One :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

What a great version of Sixteen Tons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

love that Blue Monday, from one of my favourite movies (and LeVars least fave :D), Ready Player One :)

It was just so sh*t compared to the books.

In 20th place with 9 points

SineadSpears

Ashnikko ft. Kelis – Deal With It

Not a bad track, I like how this takes me out of my comfort zone a bit, enjoyed the entry!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Lofty heights for purple tin :D

giphy.gif

So tentacle nipples are a thing now....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Good song , nice choice in fairness S'S !

nooooooo, I had that down as a much higher scorer. oh well, its great fun so it is...

In 19th place with 10 points

kitten_k

Sean Paul – Get Busy/Like Glue

This was absolutely massive when it came out. I think Sean Paul overstayed his welcome by.... well, a LOT - but this was pretty good back in the day. Not sure I’d be going to a club on a Monday mind, even in pre-Covid times :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

nooooooo, I had that down as a much higher scorer. oh well, its great fun so it is...

It's a great song.Sinead.

Advertisement