Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That takes Electric Nitwit to a total of 71 points, good scoring again.

But the crown is still in the hands of KathleenGrant....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Haha Nitwit. Second time to beat you this weekend... yaaay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 11th place with 18 points

Ari101

Dario G – Sunchyme

The highest of the three well known dance tracks submitted to this category. To be honest both Underworld and Sunchyme are on a par for me, both great tracks – Sunchyme wins the battle though as I hadn’t heard it in an age. Also the video is so on point with this category, an absolute Monday Blues cure!

Coming up, for the final time for this Walrus... we head into our

jHBPoKT2h4BckUfFFOQRdfnYUuxIx_7gmz4JDd4fu-IrcLQZS55eEJUdlmFXhy6kdNH0b4n6Ama9jX1HDP7Q3FddDq-T2EZZ7egdkkqTq7KuLgOGP4g8dxb3mUIo9HD6iO_LXkWN4Pdl0OVJwWLgvxK1IgYf-Q

I'll give all the scores at the end btw, I'm just listing the higher scorers to tease KG mainly at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Geez Necro, glad you're doing it to torment KG , not me :p

Necro wrote: »
    I'll give all the scores at the end btw, I'm just listing the higher scorers to tease KG mainly at the moment :D

Thanks pri.....oops I mean buddy :D

In 10th place with 19 points

Irish Aris

Guns’N’Roses – Back off Bitch

Another power track to shake the cobwebs. I love this track, though I’m a massive GnR fan anyways so their stuff is always going to do well. What it came down to was me looking at the category and seeing how it fit. Back off Monday, you absolute bitch? I’m sold!

Thanks pri.....oops I mean buddy :D

200.gif

Aris finishes up on 67 points which is not too shabby at all either, cheers for playing :D

But still the current leader is KG...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

In 9th place with 20 points

ShaneU

Melanie Fiona – Monday Morning

Wins the battle and then some of the ‘Monday Morning’ tracks. Again it’s another infectiously catchy chorus that wins out for me here. Very enjoyable entry.

ShaneU finishes the contest with a total of 68 points. Well done Shane :)

No change at the top yet though...

In 8th place with 21 points

Sawduck

Vega – Grit Your Teeth

Another track I haven’t heard before but really liked this one, something a little different to it in comparison to the ones previously which made it stand out a bit. Great choice :D

Another 70 plus score here for Sawduck, 72 points in total. Great entries, cheers Sawduck!

giphy.gif

In 6th place with 23 points

Speckle

Bee Gees – Stayin Alive

Song that sort of works every day of the week if I’m honest. Yeah I’ve played it to death and yes it is a little obvious but hot damn it’s a brilliant track and I can’t in good conscience rank it any lower than this.

Editing original write up to add: lol and shelly just entered it to Weekly Walrus, what a track.

Choooonnnn! !!
    Love it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

haha originally I had it as my friday song :D

Shelly great minds .....

In 5th place with 24 points

Mam of 4

Bill Withers – Lovely Day

This is what I need! Upbeat, happy – and a great song to boot. Another great choice from the Mam of… not 4 anyways as we learned last week :P All together now – A Lovely DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Bill Withers......highlight so far.

Ha I love songs that make you move to the music, whether you want to or not :D
    (Can I change my name from Mo4 to Ma'am :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Calling invisible magic number 7...

In 4th place with 25 points

Rikand

Andrew Bayer – From The Past

This is just brilliant from start to finish – starting with some heavy heavy bass and easing off before we hit that B. E. A. Utiful crescendo which is absolutely perfect. Then easing out into the heavy bass again to finish off. Yeah I really liked this, to quote a fellow Walruser JohnGreenFan – this was a BOP.

9a9c280433aba421a99fae0251b52ec2.gif

speckle wrote: »
    Calling invisible magic number 7...

EnormousWeeklyArmyant-max-1mb.gif

I was waiting for someone to notice... our final 6 will actually be....

A FINAL 7....

Cee_jay
    Barna77
    Kolido
    Barney92
    JohnGreenFan
    Hello 2D Person Below

And…

Also Starring LeVar Burton

4 of the above 7 can still win this contest

LeVar needs 26 points to overhaul Kathleen
    JohnGreenFan needs just 20
    Barney92 can do it with 26 points
    Barna77 could also come from nowhere and take the crown with a maximum score of 28

This one gon be good....

AwQB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

giphy.gif

Let's put the other three out of their misery first...

74Uh.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Necro wrote: »
    Let's put the other three out of their misery first...

74Uh.gif

I'm ready :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Ah me nerves!

cee_jay wrote: »
    I'm ready :D

Epic timing ;)

In 26th place with 3 points

Cee_jay

Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me

I don’t like this track. It seems like Lady Gaga has been shorn of that lovely rasp to her voice ala Bad Romance and replaced by this upbeat pop queen. Just doesn’t work for me sadly, Ariana Grande is grand to look at but her voice is sickly sweet and I don’t think I’ve ever really ‘liked’ any of her songs to be honest. Overall I just don’t like the package but it’s mainly the Gaga thing that has this ranking low.

In 3rd place with 26 points

Kolido

Guns’N’Roses – Paradise City

Temptation to put two GnR tracks back to back was overwhelming tbh but I just prefer this one much more. Both suit the category in their own way but this is one of my favourite songs, so was always going to be hard to be stopped in this category.

• Advertisement

In 28th place with 1 point

Deleted User

Russian Military – Russian National Anthem

So this is mostly a speech – which I’m sure would be glorious if I was from Mother Russia, but unfortunately you’ve got a culchie from the Northwest of Ireland as your judge here. The Russian National Anthem is…. Grand as far as national anthems go, it’s no France or USA though, or even a bit of Flower of Scotland. As far as the theme it’s not really missing the mark so much as aiming in the exact opposite direction :P So yeah, tis a no from me.

Advertisement