Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Has the swelling gone down? Are you keeping it elevated? Csn you weight bare? Can you flex the foot/toes? Is there any bruising or discolouration? Have your toes turned blue? Do you need a heap of painkillers even when you are at rest and the foot is elevated?( I can go on)

No.
    Yes.
    Kinda.
    Yes.
    No.
    No.
    Yes.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I think a visit to A&E is in order for that ankle. I once broke two bones in my ankle and didn't do anything for 2 days as I thought it was a sprain. Cue 6 weeks in plaster during one of the hottest summers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

No.
    Yes.
    Kinda.
    Yes.
    No.
    No.
    Yes.
    :D

Get your ass down to a&e. If it was "just" a sprain the swelling will go down if you keep it elevated and you shouldn't need pain killers when at rest. Why do you not want to go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Purple Mountain :)

Thank you. My family actually had a cake for me nice surprise xx

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Purple! :)

Fansatic day weather-wise for it. :cool: Kitchenside myself, wolfing down cereal for late breakfast and then off to meet my best mate for a good walk in the Phoenix Park.

Laters! :D

• Advertisement

Thank you. My family actually had a cake for me nice surprise xx

Oh, I'm delighted for you, Purple! Enjoy the day.

Have a lovely day PM x.

Heading to the beach, bringing a picnic, flask and a bottle of wine. Am I the only one frozen these days, hate the breeze, I've an assortment of coats in the car including my winter one. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Get your ass down to a&e. If it was "just" a sprain the swelling will go down if you keep it elevated and you shouldn't need pain killers when at rest. Why do you not want to go ?

Well as far as I know he's a man. So that's that question answered. :pac:
    There needs to be limbs falling off before we go to a doctor never mind A&E.
    And even then we tend to want to stop off for a quick pint en route if at all possible

NewRed2 wrote: »
    And even then we tend to want to stop off for a quick pint en route if at all possible

Honestly, I'm a complete hypocrite. I think I'd need to he just about ready for the body bag before I'd resign myself for a trip to a&e. And any test that isn't a blood draw or a scan I just refuse.

Had someone from the Red Cross call, did the tests...too swollen for an x-ray, but it looks like nothing broken... tendon and ligament damage, but again..too swollen to do anything...just ice, anti inflammatorys and elevation for a day or 2 and then take it from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don’t come running to us when your leg falls off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Set out for an early hike in the slieve bloom mountains. Cut it short as its full of eejits. Not hill walkers, just eejits with no proper footwear and bags of cans, even in the more remote parts. Tents up there too.:rolleyes:

NewRed2 wrote: »

I endure quite a lot of physical pain from day to day...so this is just one more thing to add to my list :)
    But yeah, I only go to the doc if it's really serious

Had someone from the Red Cross call, did the tests...too swollen for an x-ray, but it looks like nothing broken... tendon and ligament damage, but again..too swollen to do anything...just ice, anti inflammatorys and elevation for a day or 2 and then take it from there

Torn ligaments are a fukker. Can you get someone to get a tube bandage?

Torn ligaments are a fukker. Can you get someone to get a tube bandage?

He said it's too swollen to bandage, I'd only make it worse :)
    Just rest and ice for another day or 2 & then see what needs to be done.

Have a lovely day PM x.

Heading to the beach, bringing a picnic, flask and a bottle of wine. Am I the only one frozen these days, hate the breeze, I've an assortment of coats in the car including my winter one. .
    I'm just back from a riverside picnic too. Absolutely bliss. No wine for me though, I can't drink it. Enjoy Duvet :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Getting a sun charge before work.. I'm a contradiction me..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Set out for an early hike in the slieve bloom mountains. Cut it short as its full of eejits. Not hill walkers, just eejits with no proper footwear and bags of cans, even in the more remote parts. Tents up there too.:rolleyes:

Ridiculous carry on up there once again G . Glenbarrow had to be closed off today for the umpteenth time due to A , it was chocabloc, and B , the roads were blocked by people just parking on them .
    I pity the few residents who live there tbh .

I went to Costa del Roof this morning, cleaned out the gutters lol , one lawn cut again , the other tomorrow.

Couch side after a day in the Wicklow mountains. The roads were full with people on bikes and cars. Great to see all the life.

MO4 question for you.
    Are you too short to see into the gutters like I am?
    I stand on the ladder and a put gloved hand into the chutes and pray there's nothing feral in there.
    I then pull out whatever is in there (usually soggy) to fire into a bucket on my ladder but half the yucky stuff ends up in my hair. :o

• Advertisement

MO4 question for you.
    Are you too short to see into the gutters like I am?
    I stand on the ladder and a put gloved hand into the chutes and pray there's nothing feral in there.
    I then pull out whatever is in there (usually soggy) to fire into a bucket on my ladder but half the yucky stuff ends up in my hair. :o

Lol , yep , too short also PM!
    One part of the house at the back has a flat roof so it's easier to be up on it looking into the gutter to see exactly what I'm picking up :pac:
    (Usually leaves etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

far away and long ago to where there is no hurt to critters .. far. far away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Happy Birthday Purple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ridiculous carry on up there once again G . Glenbarrow had to be closed off today for the umpteenth time due to A , it was chocabloc, and B , the roads were blocked by people just parking on them .
    I pity the few residents who live there tbh .

I went to Costa del Roof this morning, cleaned out the gutters lol , one lawn cut again , the other tomorrow.

It was bedlam on my way out Mam. I usually hike up beyond the waterfall. Takes me 3 hours and in all the years I'm doing it in all weathers, its peaceful and the people you meet are respectful. Today my first sight was a group of people blaring music and cooking on disposable BBQs at the car park. All acting the prick. One hour in and after meeting groups who are a risk to their own safety and others who had obviously camped out, I'd had enough. Mental stuff on my way out and Garda too. You were better off in Costa del Roof.:D I ended up in Costa del Back garden. The sun has disappeared from it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭thomil

Balcony-side (Costa Balconia? ;) ) here, taking in the sun and blogging away. Spent the weekend giving the balcony and living room a deep clean, so I might as well enjoy it :)

Did manage to somehow overstretch my left wrist during the cleaning though. Ah well, I've only office work tomorrow ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It was bedlam on my way out Mam. I usually hike up beyond the waterfall. Takes me 3 hours and in all the years I'm doing it in all weathers, its peaceful and the people you meet are respectful. Today my first sight was a group of people blaring music and cooking on disposable BBQs at the car park. All acting the prick. One hour in and after meeting groups who are a risk to their own safety and others who had obviously camped out, I'd had enough. Mental stuff on my way out and Garda too. You were better off in Costa del Roof.:D I ended up in Costa del Back garden. The sun has disappeared from it now.

It's so beautiful up there isn't it , a perfect peaceful getaway , until the above in your post happens!
    It's just dangerous for everyone , twice last year injured people had to be airlifted out as the ambulances couldn't get through on the road .
    Anyhow, Costa del Home is always good when the sun shines!!

Graces7 wrote: »
    far away and long ago to where there is no hurt to critters .. far. far away

Noone I know hurts them these days either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Heart breaking seeing the wildfires around though, Killarney national park and in Down also along with a few bursts elsewhere :(

Heart breaking seeing the wildfires around though, Killarney national park and in Down also along with a few bursts elsewhere :(

From Tuesday on, there's supposed to be 10 days of rain so it's good for forest fires but bad for sunworshipers. :(

• Advertisement

From Tuesday on, there's supposed to be 10 days of rain so it's good for forest fires but bad for sunworshipers. :(

Ah it won't be build the ark bad!

Advertisement