Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private school teachers prioritised for vaccinations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

how do you know they hadnt offered it to them already?

The asked every patient in the entire hospital and the all turned it down come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Treppen

Easier to get twenty together than run through a patient list like that and risk it dragging out too long, clearly they had exhausted the usual channels

Clear to who?
    Did they make it clear to anyone that they asked any patients in the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Crazy to think 20 teachers can be ready to get to the Beacon in such a short timeframe . That would also make you think .

Well it's an 11 minute drive according to Google maps. Both the Beacon and Gerard's are directly on the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

DrumSteve wrote: »
    There is no case where they would be struggling that hard that they couldn't find someone nearer than the CEO's kids school teachers... I mean, would those teachers get the vaccine if his kids weren't there?

Probably not, but that's also how they had the contact details. Wouldn't want to be blindly googling schools in the region hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

how do you know they hadnt offered it to them already?

You reckon they all turned it down?

• Advertisement

The asked every patient in the entire hospital and the all turned it down come on!
    Treppen wrote: »
    Clear to who?
    Did they make it clear to anyone that they asked any patients in the hospital?

Does being in hospital automatically bump you up the priority list? I'll gladly break a few fingers if so.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Probably not, but that's also how they had the contact details. Wouldn't want to be blindly googling schools in the region hoping for the best.

It’s a pure coincidence the the teachers are staff in a private school were the many of management children went to.

LMAO.

That school was 14 kms away and the teachers were available to get to the beacon quicker than teachers in the locality? And the school not making any comment. They really think, know they can get away with it.

Sure don't worry lads, this will all be forgotten about by next week, so keep the heads down.

Again, as I said before. 11 minute drive according to Google maps. In real terms it is quite close.

It’s a pure coincidence the the teachers are staff in a private school were the many of management children went to.

No, it's not, and that's not what I said. How many schools do you have direct contact details for?

Does being in hospital automatically bump you up the priority list? I'll gladly break a few fingers if so.

Well being a teacher in hospital management child’s school seems to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Stinks of Cronyism

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I doubt broken fingers are the Beacons only patients .

errlloyd wrote: »
    Again, as I said before. 11 minute drive according to Google maps. In real terms it is quite close.

Were the teachers all living in the school. What time did this happen at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭thomas 123

No, it's not, and that's not what I said. How many schools do you have direct contact details for?

All of them, there is a magic machine called a computer with a magic tool called Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm aware of the distance between the two points, I worked in the area for a long time.

But, what's even closer to the beacon are the unvaccinated patients currently in the beacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

We're a country of, to quote Chris Rock, low expectation having motherf*ckers.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    All of them, there is a magic machine called a computer with a magic tool called Google.

Grand, Google a random school, ring them after hours, tell them you're a hospital with vaccines available and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Can you share how it's clear that they had exhausted the channels?

While I am inclined to be on the this is a joke side of opinion.

You're question there needs to be answered both ways before the shouting starts - was it or wasn't it.

Can't pick when a question suits. Assuming they followed guidelines then the answer should be "all options were exhausted" much like most assume guidelines were ignored.

Assumptions not worth sh1t.

This story will come as a welcome distraction from the fact that the vaccines were left over because the HSE booking system is a pile of turd.

200 people were double booked at the aviva and the Beacon to get the jab.

That 200 people in a day when 1000 are getting it.

So yea 20% of bookings being done incorrectly.

Let nobody wonder why the numbers at protests keep growing with things like this happeing, not that I’m ever going to be protesting, just don’t be surprised when the crowds grow.

And did that lead to 200 not showing up at the Aviva? If so where did those spares go?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well it's an 11 minute drive according to Google maps. Both the Beacon and Gerard's are directly on the motorway.

Well there's at least 3 schools a 5-10 minute walk away so what's your point?

• Advertisement

Grand, Google a random school, ring them after hours, tell them you're a hospital with vaccines available and let us know how you get on.

I wouldn’t have had to do it, I could have walked across the road to 1 of 3 schools within the 500-1000m and asked the secretary (who works normal office hours by the way), failing that I’d go to the next one and the next one.

Of course after I’ve expended all other 7 options on the priority list.

Or wait! Are you suggesting whoever contacted the school had the direct personal contact for a person in that school since they can’t be reached out of hours?

Especially seen as they’d be unlikely to all be there after hours. Which means they must have driven from their homes which were all close by too?
    Or it was pre planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

People annoyed and angry, resulting in nothing. Queue the next outrage.

People annoyed and angry, resulting in nothing. Queue the next outrage.

Queue the bury our heads in the sand brigade - nothing to see here folks.

I'm aware of the distance between the two points, I worked in the area for a long time.

But, what's even closer to the beacon are the unvaccinated patients currently in the beacon.

Oh good, you know it well. So then you know it's so close that the travel time isn't material. What is material is whether you have their contact details and they are ready to go. I have no idea what the circumstances are, but if Gerard's teachers happened to be finishing a staff meeting, and were all in one place then they could be in the beacon in 11 minutes. If it was going to take five minutes of googling to get a number for a local school, and a few minutes on the phone to explain, and then ten minutes for them to get together you've blown your time.

In their statement they said they had 200 vaccines to use. So presumably that's where the first 180 went.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Classes in private schools are far smaller than those in non-fee paying schools.My consultant has asked that I be signed off as I work with children with additional needs and there is no possibility of any form of social distancing whatsoever. The OH gp, (Medmark)who knows nothing about me, bar a rather narrow algorithm over ruled the consultant who has been treating me for 20 years. Even though the principal and school board of management are also willing for me to work remotely, Medmark says I can't as I'm merely "high risk" by their reckoning, despite many co-morbidities that aren't taken into account.
    I'm cohort seven at best, it appears, for vaccination and there were 20 " left overs?" to be given to that staff. Absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I'm more angry at the 200 no-shows than I am at the teachers being vaccinated.
    I said it months ago, people should have to pay a €20 deposit to book your vaccine. Refunded once you show up, if you don't you lose it.
    Otherwise, we'll end up with tons of wastage as the Gemma disciples decide to book appointments and not show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Probably off topic but i was walking past a private school in rathmines(st marys). Saw groups of students maybe 60-70 all been coached rugby by teachers/coach. Full contact no pods etc. Now im all for opening up etc and getting on with life. But why are these allowed play sports in school while my son a first year student is at home stuvk on zoom.

Elite sports ;)

I said it months ago, people should have to pay a €20 deposit to book your vaccine. Refunded once you show up, if you don't you lose it.
    Otherwise, we'll end up with tons of wastage as the Gemma disciples decide to book appointments and not show up.

You'd be angry at how many nurses won't get the vaccine I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The no shows were people who were double booked , in the Beacon and Aviva at the same time . Not just random people who couldn’t be arsed
    It was an admin error .

Advertisement