Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private school teachers prioritised for vaccinations

Options
1246792

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray


    is_that_so wrote: »
    It's a minor news story.


    Only minor because those running the media are in the same class as those running The Beacon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭celt262


    dubrov wrote: »
    It would be one foolish CEO to get involved with this just to get their kid's teachers vaccinated.

    They wouldn't normally make these decisions so would need to have quite a few people involved to pull it off.

    A lot to risk for little gain

    Its mind boggling really and i don't see how he will find a way to explain how he decided these were the best candidates for the "leftovers".

    This would annoy me more than the other guy looking after his relations.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray


    Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Still some yobs defending it I see. Some people would justify anything. Probably the same people who are in line to receive a vaccine from a similar episode to this. These are only the ones we know about too....

    Absolutely disgusting news.


    Its like those troglodytes who dont want to tax the rich. They either think they are the same class as these corrupt wretches or soon will be. Of course they're not and will only ever help the gulf between them increase.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    Only minor because those running the media are in the same class as those running The Beacon.
    Hmm 160K shots not arriving next week v 20 shots that went to allegedly undeserving people? No contest I'm afraid. There'll be gnashing of teeth over it, maybe even for a few days and then it'll fade away.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly


    Did they have 20 vials opened at the same time? Doesn't seem an efficient way to use their allotted batches.
    Why didn't they finish one before opening another?
    If the story hadn't gotten out, would there have been another 20 doses "left over" a day or two later?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Apoapsis Rex


    They will have to be given 20 more for the 2nd dose. And they won't be spare doses.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭thomas 123


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm 160K shots not arriving next week v 20 shots that went to undeserving people? No contest I'm afraid. There'll be gnashing of teeth over it, maybe even for a few days and then it'll fade away.


    Was this event okay then in your opinion?

    If yes is it now okay for every vaccination center to do the same going forward?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭celt262


    is_that_so wrote: »
    I saw a man cross the road against a red light this morning. Still haven't recovered from the outrage! Seriously though it's beyond my control and IMO a very isolated incident whatever way it turns out. We really haven't had any of this type of drama since February!

    I would put my life savings on it (which is SFA) that this CEO has been looking after others with the leftovers and that this is no isolated incident. Hopefully there will be an audit of the Beacons vaccinations now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm 160K shots not arriving next week v 20 shots that went to allegedly undeserving people? No contest I'm afraid. There'll be gnashing of teeth over it, maybe even for a few days and then it'll fade away.


    Of course it will, its exactly how these things get presented. It shouldnt be and anyone who thinks that way is surely an odious twat


  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS


    Did they have 20 vials opened at the same time? Doesn't seem an efficient way to use their allotted batches.
    Why didn't they finish one before opening another?
    If the story hadn't gotten out, would there have been another 20 doses "left over" a day or two later?
    Each vial contains about 6 doses I think (depending on the vaccine used), so translates to maybe 3 or 4 vials. Your point is still valid though.

    Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen


    I would have thought after the maternity hospital nonsense more safeguards would have been put in place to stop this. Of course the vaccine had to be used up rather than wasted but when other surgeries are cancelling apps due to vaccine shortages it makes no sense to be using these vaccines for people not due them yet.

    I personally know people who are well over due their vaccine at this stage and have not gotten it. Stephen Donnelly sat on Prime time and said there would be a list of people who could be called in circumstances of somewhere having vaccines left over.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm 160K shots not arriving next week v 20 shots that went to allegedly undeserving people? No contest I'm afraid. There'll be gnashing of teeth over it, maybe even for a few days and then it'll fade away.

    All your posts on this thread are gas, pure whataboutery and misdirection.

    In this case the beacon either exercised very poor judgement or planned this; whatever happened is somewhere in between those goal posts TBD.

    I'm not sure why you can't engage with this instead of pointing over there at the 160k vaccines or over there at Clair Byrne.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭beggars_bush


    if this is true, its a disgrace.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    thomas 123 wrote: »
    Was this event okay then in your opinion?

    If yes is it now okay for every vaccination center to do the same going forward?
    I don't have the facts about it and even if I did it's not up to me to make determinations about it. It looks a lot like the Coombe event at first glance and a failure of process. I do think these occurrences are very isolated and certainly not evidence of a wider problem. Once we get to gen pop, they will be a thing of the past.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    All your posts on this thread are gas, pure whataboutery and misdirection.

    In this case the beacon either exercised very poor judgement or planned this; whatever happened is somewhere in between those goal posts TBD.

    I'm not sure why you can't engage with this instead of pointing over there at the 160k vaccines or over there at Clair Byrne.
    Indeed we're all at it - this post is fact free! I will apologise for having an inability to do outrage though- it seems it's needed in this discussion.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science


    dubrov wrote: »
    It would be one foolish CEO to get involved with this just to get their kid's teachers vaccinated.

    They wouldn't normally make these decisions so would need to have quite a few people involved to pull it off.

    A lot to risk for little gain

    How else did they go to a bunch of teachers in another county to the hospital . Jesus wept

    Also the gain is there can be no hiccups to their child's education if teachers won't be out with covid


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm 160K shots not arriving next week v 20 shots that went to allegedly undeserving people? No contest I'm afraid. There'll be gnashing of teeth over it, maybe even for a few days and then it'll fade away.

    You really aren't getting this at all so i will just leave it . Unsure why you'd even come into the thread just to defend everything . Would make you think


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭Wolf359f


    Surely to God they could have rang a local GP and asked if they had any patients on their list they could send over.
    Obviously we don't know the facts, but the optics yet again are horrible.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound


    celt262 wrote: »
    Its mind boggling really and i don't see how he will find a way to explain how he decided these were the best candidates for the "leftovers".

    This would annoy me more than the other guy looking after his relations.

    Did he make the decision or was it someone else?

    Seems a little too coincidental alright. But some more info would help explain things either way.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science


    Wolf359f wrote: »
    Surely to God they could have rang a local GP and asked if they had any patients on their list they could send over.
    Obviously we don't know the facts, but the optics yet again are horrible.

    Crazy to think 20 teachers can be ready to get to the Beacon in such a short timeframe . That would also make you think .


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe


    is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't have the facts about it and even if I did it's not up to me to make determinations about it. It looks a lot like the Coombe event at first glance and a failure of process. I do think these occurrences are very isolated and certainly not evidence of a wider problem. Once we get to gen pop, they will be a thing of the past.

    Ah yeah, everything is grand isn’t it. Same old Ireland. Backslapping and high fiving galore.

    Country is on its fecking knees pal. Them 20 vaccines could have went to any number of people besides them teachers. I’ve a frail inlaw ho’s 65 and afraid to leave the house since this began. Just let that sink in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife


    https://twitter.com/aoifstokes/status/1375316525813485568?s=21

    They clearly didn’t look to hard to see if there was anyone to give the leftover vaccines to !


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound


    Crazy to think 20 teachers can be ready to get to the Beacon in such a short timeframe . That would also make you think .

    Maybe - or maybe it was an easy 1 hit job done for 20 jabs. Wonder how many teachers are in the school - there was 60 in mine. Wonder if anyone else was called first?

    No defending the way extra vaccines are being used, but then the hse are vaccinating work from home staff in their 20's

    Plenty of poor practice going on.

    If this was in any way planned it is appalling, would be nice for someone to find out some more info.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't have the facts about it and even if I did it's not up to me to make determinations about it. It looks a lot like the Coombe event at first glance and a failure of process. I do think these occurrences are very isolated and certainly not evidence of a wider problem. Once we get to gen pop, they will be a thing of the past.

    Let's hit the rewind button in the thread...
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Left overs being used are what we applaud except of course when we don't like who they go to.

    Bit early in the season for those flip flops.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL


    Shelflife wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/aoifstokes/status/1375316525813485568?s=21

    They clearly didn’t look to hard to see if there was anyone to give the leftover vaccines to !

    That is appalling.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound


    Shelflife wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/aoifstokes/status/1375316525813485568?s=21

    They clearly didn’t look to hard to see if there was anyone to give the leftover vaccines to !

    That doesn't really add any actual info though.

    I'm all for having a go (and gut feeling says we should have a go) but would still like to know what factors were involved (good or bad)


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    Let's hit the rewind button in the thread...



    Bit early in the season for those flip flops.
    Nah, that's just missing the word "all", a shocking error on my part. The two are connected.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science


    Maybe - or maybe it was an easy 1 hit job done for 20 jabs. Wonder how many teachers are in the school - there was 60 in mine. Wonder if anyone else was called first?

    No defending the way extra vaccines are being used, but then the hse are vaccinating work from home staff in their 20's

    Plenty of poor practice going on.

    If this was in any way planned it is appalling, would be nice for someone to find out some more info.

    Yeah if all other avenues were exhausted fair enough . The cynic in me is doubtful

    I'm sure there is procedure to follow for leftovers


  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka


    Shelflife wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/aoifstokes/status/1375316525813485568?s=21

    They clearly didn’t look to hard to see if there was anyone to give the leftover vaccines to !

    Daily Mail...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭eggy81


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Left overs being used are what we applaud except of course when we don't like who they go to.

    Why would there be leftovers. There’s the supply and the plan. No excuses for anyone to deviate. Vaccinate in order of the priority list and just keep doing it. Leftovers filter down to the next group. What’s so hard about that?


Advertisement