Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Boggles wrote: »
    Name them?

No I won’t.

It’s common knowledge which ones are not working in the county that they play for.

No I won’t.

It’s common knowledge which ones are not working in the county that they play for.

What harm are they doing if they are travelling outside there county for training? People all over the country travelling outside there counties now

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Any idea when all retail is opening up?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,746 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No I won’t.

Sorry it's common knowledge where all inter county GAA players live? :confused:

You are assuming again me thinks.

Tut Tut.

Would it be fair to say that the majority of GAA players who make up the 30+ panels would live in the county? I imagine (assumption) a portion of these travel for work purposes to different counties, if we really want to throw outrage nuggets on the fire.

And wouldn't it be fair to say that you would want to be a special sort of contrarian to be outraged over young people and kids being allowed train outdoors even if a portion of them have to cross county lines to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Tut Tut.

Would it be fair to say that the majority of GAA players who make up the 30+ panels would live in the county? I imagine (assumption) a portion of these travel for work purposes to different counties, if we really want to throw outrage nuggets on the fire.

And wouldn't it be fair to say that you would want to be a special sort of contrarian to be outraged over young people and kids being allowed train outdoors even if a portion of them have to cross county lines to do so?

I personally know 2 players that live in one county and have to travel to others to train with their county team. Its fairly common.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I personally know 2 players that live in one county and have to travel to others to train with their county team. Its fairly common.

I personally know 3 that live, work and train in the county they live in. I don't know about the other 1000+.

Do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I personally know 3 that live, work and train in the county they live in. I don't know about the other 1000+.

Do I win?

Name them?

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

Tut Tut.

Everyone should just do what they want so. Everything is a big overreaction.

Name them?

John, Paul, Ringo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

John, Paul, Ringo.

To be fair you wanted people to start naming names first so there's no need to get snarky when you get given a taste of your own medicine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

No I won’t.

And what is the problem with that? If they are going straight to training and back.

There is thousands of people going outside their county daily. The amount of cars i saw on Monday when I had to leave my county

And what is the problem with that? If they are going straight to training and back.

There is thousands of people going outside their county daily. The amount of cars i saw on Monday when I had to leave my county

Because it’s obviously breaking the guidelines? You’re not meant to travel outside of your county. Why do the GAA get to bend the rules?

ypres5 wrote: »
    To be fair you wanted people to start naming names first so there's no need to get snarky when you get given a taste of your own medicine

My question was rhetorical.

It had to be really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Why single out GAA players?

Plenty of league of Ireland players doing the same

One very talented player was on Nationwide during the week

Now playing with a Dublin club and travels from Cork several times a week

Because it’s obviously breaking the guidelines? You’re not meant to travel outside of your county. Why do the GAA get to bend the rules?

Elite sport is allowed to travel outside the county though.
    Rugby and Soccer have being doing it for the last 3 months.
    Irish Swimmers are doing it also

Elite sport is allowed to travel outside the county though.
    Rugby and Soccer have being doing it for the last 3 months.
    Irish Swimmers are doing it also

It’s not an elite sport and it’s not covered under the exemptions. Rugby and soccer are.

Of course you are as long as you have a permitted reason for doing so.

Inter County training as of Monday has been permitted as have:
    High performing athletes, as approved by Sport Ireland, can resume

You'd imagine this would make the perpetual doom mongers happy?

Also from Monday next.
    Outdoor sports facilities can reopen (for example: pitches, golf courses and tennis courts, other facilities as appropriate)
    Outdoor visitor attractions can reopen (for example: zoos, open pet farms, heritage sites). Amusement parks are not permitted to open
    Underage non-contact outdoor training in pods of 15 or fewer can restart
    Maximum attendance at funerals will increase to 25

Chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emo72

Carphone warehouse gone. Need to start opening up now. Fast.

emo72 wrote: »

It had nothing to do with the lockdown. At least do some research. It went in the Uk last year

How is Xtra-Vision doing?

• Advertisement

It’s not an elite sport and it’s not covered under the exemptions. Rugby and soccer are.

Inter County GAA was allowed to train from the 19th, so players can travel across counties now.

Also from last week, you were allowed to travel within 20k of another county if you were close to it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nothing to do with lockdown, people are just buying phones online now.

It had nothing to do with the lockdown. At least do some research. It went in the Uk last year

Ah I know them probably weren't in the best condition. But they won't be the only ones that go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They never closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0421/1211175-hard-for-euros-to-go-ahead-in-dublin-tanaiste/

Obviously it was expected but it is outrages we're losing these games because of how cowardly our government are. Why can other places go ahead and host games are some capacity

Reckon it would open up a can of worms as other sporting organisations will want people attending and then concert promoters etc

How great would it be if we decided yeah we'll host the games are 25% capacity thus starting the road to recovery of events in this country but Tony/NPHET find it too risky and demand the government say no

hynesie08 wrote: »
    They never closed..

I know. They were essential. But the fact that people weren't really going to shopping centers, wouldn't that have an effect on passing trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

OwenM wrote: »
    Really. Micheal Martin is the most indecisive vacillating person to ever get elected in the history of Irish politics.

I would love to read your in depth thesis on the totally of Irish history and every political figure elected to office within that period.

I’m sure it makes for fascinating reading.

Or maybe you don’t have one and your last post is more sensationalist drivil in this thread?

• Advertisement

I know. They were essential. But the fact that people weren't really going to shopping centers, wouldn't that have an effect on passing trade.

The reason their trade was affected is because its cheaper to buy sim free phones on line. Can't remember the last time i entered their shop, 2017-2018 i say.

Their model went stale, closed in the UK last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement