Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Hi Gozunda, Dr Glynn was just asked about this and has confirmed that he reports all deaths with Covid19 whether or not it is the cause of death.

Well Dr Glynn obviously didn't run that by Gozunda before todays press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Well Dr Glynn obviously didn't run that by Gozunda before todays press conference

That lovely word salad gone to waste...

No but to be fair...we were warned about the lethal nature of passing the gravy boat at family dinner occasions last Christmas, so I'd expect people did what we did, we all brought our own gravy boats...so....that probably kept the numbers down!!!

And poor Grandpa by the window!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Did the Mothers Day/Patrick’s Day/Easter Surge occur or was that all forgotten about?

Not sure about Mothers Day ...

But aparently slabs of Guinness couldn’t be had for love nor money just prior to Paddys Day

And they ran out of Easter eggs the weekend before Easter if that counts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

Did the Mothers Day/Patrick’s Day/Easter Surge occur or was that all forgotten about?
    No it didn't and I for one am shocked, considering all the children's play dates and those people who - according to George Lee - were sitting in pubs that have been closed for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi Gozunda, Dr Glynn was just asked about this and has confirmed that he reports all deaths with Covid19 whether or not it is the cause of or even a factor in the death.

Ha really. Id love to see a quote and reference for that...

So we're back to old folks getting run over by a bus with Covid being put on the death Certificate? Grand so....

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

gozunda wrote: »
    Well darconio. To answer that- I can read, but I'll ask- can you? Thats a very out of date document.

That's relatively old, it's a study published in July 2020, but regardless, do we want to keep ignoring the following sentence or do we want to acknowledge the fact that the number of reported deaths by covid is not real?

"As of mid April, in line with World Health Organization (WHO) guidance, death reporting was extended to include deaths both in patients with probable COVID-19 in addition to deaths among confirmed cases.
    By definition, such deaths must result from a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 (for example, trauma).
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

darconio wrote: »
    That's relatively old, it's a study published in July 2020, but regardless, do we want to keep ignoring the following sentence or do we want to acknowledge the fact that the number of reported deatsh by covid is not real?

"As of mid April, in line with World Health Organization (WHO) guidance, death reporting was extended to include deaths both in patients with probable COVID-19 in addition to deaths among confirmed cases.
    By definition, such deaths must result from a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 (for example, trauma).
    "

You do realize you're talking to the guy who framed northern ireland to be some dystopian hellhole where one couldn't step outside without being mauled by a gang of roaming loyalists just last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

gozunda wrote: »
    Ha really. Id love to see a quote and reference for that...

So we're back to old folks getting run over by a bus with Covid being put on the death Certificate? Grand so....

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1384185685226057743

You can watch it yourself here from 33-36 minutes

'We've been very clear since day 1 that we've reported all deaths because of or with Covid 19"

Later When asked about people with terminal illness and a short potential life span who just happened to die with covid he says they do make up a proportion of our deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

ypres5 wrote: »
    You do realize you're talking to the guy who framed northern ireland to be some dystopian hellhole where one couldn't step outside without being mauled by a gang of roaming loyalists just last week?

He didnt say they mauled everyone, just the "free staters" in their southern registered cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

darem93 wrote: »
    No it didn't and I for one am shocked, considering all the children's play dates and those people who - according to George Lee - were sitting in pubs that have been closed for months.

Remember when they were warning us all about the danger of kid's play dates?

Honestly, what will it take for people to snap themselves out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You keep ignoring what I am trying to demonstrate with a document provided by the Health Information and Quality Authority of Ireland.

https://www.hiqa.ie/sites/default/files/2020-07/Analysis-of-excess-all-cause-mortality-in-Ireland-during-the-COVID-19-epidemic_0.pdf

Those statistics you are talking about are inflated by the amount of people that were reported as death by covid, but in reality they weren't.
    They reported x people dying by covid, but the reality is that y did: how could anybody create a proper statistic if the numbers are/were not correct?

What is so difficult for you to understand in relation to a country`s official statistics ?
    What you are attempting to demonstrate is using a document that is not official state statistics.

The official state statistical authority for Ireland is the Central Statistics Office.
    Every country in the E.U. has one. Recognised by it`s own government and Eurostat as such. Until the CSO publish the complete records, anything else is supposition.

You have been making much of WHO "directives" and "guidelines" inflating Covid deaths. What the WHO have to say is not going to make a blind bit of difference as to what the figure is. Excess deaths when they are officially known for Ireland will do that. Same as they already do for the rest of the E.U., showing that excess deaths coincide with the various Covid waves.

If by chance your document is correct, (and on HIQA`s past record I would not bet too much on that if I was you), then it will just show how much more successful we have been in minimising Covid deaths compared to not just in the E.U. but in the world.
    If you have so much faith in this document then can I take it you acknowledge that ?

That's relatively old, it's a study published in July 2020, but regardless, do we want to keep ignoring the following sentence or do we want to acknowledge the fact that the number of reported deaths by covid is not real?

"

I remember seeing a guy talking about how the WHO recently (as in before the pandemic) changed the definition of a pandemic, it used to have a minimum death rate to be considered, which they removed? I wrote the guy off at the time...

Why would I address any of your points? They have nothing to do with said. I directed you towards the coroner, you should take up your view of his professional opinion in his own trade with him.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how all "covid-related deaths" ie: the daily numbers Ireland is fed, are covid as a principal cause of death.

The way you haven't answered directly almost seems like, maybe covid isn't always the principal cause of death? But that would be wild, as they are all counted in the numbers, which is what I actually said in the first place. Odd that.

From that I take it you have an explanation for all the high E.U. excess monthly deaths that coincide with the various Covid waves.
    If those excess deaths are not due to Covid, then what are they due too ?

I remember seeing a guy talking about how the WHO recently (as in before the pandemic) changed the definition of a pandemic, it used to have a minimum death rate to be considered, which they removed? I wrote the guy off at the time...

I don`t know about you, but 141Million infected and 3.01Million dead in a year looks like a pandemic to me.

charlie14 wrote: »
    I don`t know about you, but 141Million infected and 3.01Million dead in a year looks like a pandemic to me.

What percentage of them have a very short life expectancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

SACRIFICE THE SICK AND THE WEAK

What percentage of them have a very short life expectancy?

What percentage had it made even shorter by Covid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

SACRIFICE THE POOR AND THE YOUNG

arccosh wrote: »
    SACRIFICE THE SICK AND THE WEAK

Well...we do every year....

• Advertisement

SACRIFICE THE POOR AND THE YOUNG

Ah they'll be grand, they're not dead

Well...we do every year....

really? never been to a sacrifice, what belief system does this?

By definition, such deaths must result from a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 (for example, trauma)."

Looks like you ignored it

really? never been to a sacrifice, what belief system does this?

Well we don't remove virtually all our civil liberties and shut down a huge part of our economy in an attempt to save them...

This is what happens when you “see a guy talking” rather than listen to reality. The number of deaths does not and never has defined a pandemic

Well we don't remove virtually all our civil liberties and shut down a huge part of our economy in an attempt to save them...

where've you been the last year?

This is what happens when you “see a guy talking” rather than listen to reality. The number of deaths does not and never has defined a pandemic

Good man Raind....

So the death rate isn't even considered in the definition of a pandemic...what about seriousness of illnesses or infection?

How do they discern between a mild pandemic and a severe one? Do they bother...we just lock down for any pandemic is it?

where've you been the last year?

I can give you a massive list of where I haven't been?

I can give you a massive list of where I haven't been?

g'wan then

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement