Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

7-day average in cases 373, it was 413 last Monday.
    This was posted on the vaccine thread earlier.

https://twitter.com/jcbarret/status/1383872820724174854

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭oceanman

Time to open up.
    lol...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Faugheen wrote: »
    After Ronan Glynn asked her to ask him again on Monday.

You know this. I told you this. But you post in bad faith anyway.

Think you have an issue with Zara herself, personally.

Im not a fan of her line of questioning and the constant repetition. Theirs never really any insight and its basic questioning as usual. Many posters on this forum have had issue's with how the media have reported this pandemic and the questions etc. (Tony Holohan doom mongering etc)

You keep trying to imply imply I am personally attacking the reporter which is not the case.

You have your own opinion anyway. Unsure why you keep replying to the comments I make on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,012 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Turtwig wrote: »
    He's really trying his best so is Glynn.
    Glynn's saying it's disproportionate reporting in the media. I hope rte snippet that bit.

I'm betting headline will be 3 Indian cases though. :(
    In India the death rate per million with Covid is 129, in Ireland it's 971, I'd say the more Indian variant we get the better.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

3 cases of the Indian variant have been identified.

And so it begins

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

wadacrack wrote: »
    Im not a fan of her line of questioning and the constant repetition. Theirs never really any insight and its basic questioning as usual. Many posters on this forum have had issue's with how the media have reported this pandemic and the questions etc. (Tony Holohan doom mongering etc)

You keep trying to imply imply I am personally attacking the reporter which is not the case.

You have your own opinion anyway. Unsure why you keep replying to the comments I make on it.

Except you always give out when she asks about weddings, maternity hospitals etc.

It has only been ‘the line of questioning’ when you realised you were on your own about them being issues.

These are serious issues for many, many people. It’s clearly something that her social media followers have been asking her.

She persisted with this and got the HSE rep there to essentially say hospitals should review their policies to keep the partner of a pregnant woman out of a hospital. That’s a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

In India the death rate per million with Covid is 129, in Ireland it's 971, I'd say the more Indian variant we get the better.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

India can't keep accurate records so we can't compare anything to there. They don't even have historical death records to allow determination of excess deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Faugheen wrote: »
    Except you always give out when she asks about weddings, maternity hospitals etc.

It has only been ‘the line of questioning’ when you realised you were on your own about them being issues.

These are serious issues for many, many people. It’s clearly something that her social media followers have been asking her.

She persisted with this and got the HSE rep there to essentially say hospitals should review their policies to keep the partner of a pregnant woman out of a hospital. That’s a win.

Its been mentioned by many about the constant repetition of weddings. Ok yea that's your opinion. I have mine.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Its been mentioned by many about the constant repetition of weddings. Ok yea that's your opinion. I have mine.

But the reason she always asks is because it is impacting thousands of people.

It’s repetitive but it’s important to those people that it’s not ignored. It impacts couples and their families, hotels, staff etc etc. thousands upon thousands of people rely on weddings.

I really fail to understand what your issue is. Should she not ask about it and those people who want to know are just ignored? No. Nobody else asks for them so they’ve clearly gone to Zara for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You know the tide is turning when the European Super League featured in the headlines on RTE ahead of Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Turtwig wrote: »
    He's really trying his best so is Glynn.
    Glynn's saying it's disproportionate reporting in the media. I hope rte snippet that bit.

I'm betting headline will be 3 Indian cases though. :(

Indeed De Gascun reiterated it's under investigation. Glynn followed up then with this. You can tell he's annoyed this evening with some of the slant that the media are putting on things

https://twitter.com/mariaflan/status/1384192751504302083?s=19

zebastein wrote: »
    https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/api/swabs/

There are 1038 less cases than positive swabs over the last 31days (~6% of positive swabs do not convert into a positive case), so please explain the difference if that is not how it works at all and why the numbers differ at all.

Anyone with a repeat positive within 12 weeks is automatically not counted as a case. Anyone within 6 months I believe is not counted without symptoms and/or epidemiological link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Harris:

"Literally over the next number of weeks, and we are talking weeks, four out of five adults in Ireland are going to have had their first vaccine", he added.

Is it weeks or months? Hard to believe it's only been a number of weeks since this pandemic started.

I'll forgive him if we get to 4 out of 5 before end May.

Harris:

"Literally over the next number of weeks, and we are talking weeks, four out of five adults in Ireland are going to have had their first vaccine", he added.

Is it weeks or months? Hard to believe it's only been a number of weeks since this pandemic started.

The end of June is 10 weeks from now. Over sixties by early May and should be well into other age groups by the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Harris:

Little over 10 weeks to the end of June so definitely not the next number of weeks

It will be a good achievement if they actually have four out of five adults in Ireland are going to have had their first vaccine by the end of June

Indeed De Gascun reiterated it's under investigation. Glynn followed up then with this. You can tell he's annoyed this evening with some of the slant that the media are putting on things

https://twitter.com/mariaflan/status/1384192751504302083?s=19

You’d think maybe Ronan Glynn isn’t responsible for the doom and gloom that appears in these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Does 4 out of 5 adults assume 100% uptake by those offered? I mean, are the calculations based on having say enough vaccines to vaccinate 80 % of currently unvaccinated adults, or have they already built into the calculation the % who will refuse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

You know the tide is turning when the European Super League featured in the headlines on RTE ahead of Covid.

And over to George Lee to comment on the new league

“It’s absolutely awful”

Thanks George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Wont feel Christmas and it will be time for people's 3rd dose of Pfizer.

Tipping along nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I see Worldometers is now (or maybe I've just not noticed it previously) including the percentage change in cases. (columns here: % change on previous week and no. of cases per million this past week). Most of Europe seems to be doing okay overall, and Ireland doing well re the rest of Europe. 36% increase in Asia though.
    1 	Croatia 	+22% 	3,739
    2 	France 	-2% 	3,530
    3 	Andorra 	-17% 	3,361
    4 	Hungary 	-11% 	3,147
    5 	Netherlands 	+10% 	3,097
    6 	Poland 	-17% 	2,999
    7 	Lithuania 	+13% 	2,769
    8 	Slovenia 	-12% 	2,683
    9 	Sweden 	-34% 	2,672
    10 	Estonia 	-29% 	2,547
    11 	North Macedonia 	-25% 	2,520
    12 	Serbia 	-18% 	2,315
    13 	Luxembourg 	+13% 	2,309
    14 	Ukraine 	-13% 	2,143
    15 	Belgium 	-2% 	2,108
    16 	Bulgaria 	-24% 	2,083
    17 	Montenegro 	-27% 	2,041
    18 	Czechia 	-24% 	2,017
    19 	Bosnia and Herzegovina 	-23% 	1,995
    20 	Latvia 	+6% 	1,993
    21 	San Marino 	-39% 	1,912
    22 	Greece 	-1% 	1,906
    23 	Austria 	-10% 	1,814
    24 	Switzerland 	+22% 	1,707
    25 	Germany 	+24% 	1,684
    26 	Italy 	-1% 	1,661
    27 	Liechtenstein 	-12% 	1,570
    28 	Spain 	+4% 	1,254
    29 	Romania 	-27% 	1,209
    30 	Moldova 	-24% 	1,162
    31 	Slovakia 	-16% 	899
    32 	Belarus 	-6% 	866
    33 	Denmark 	+8% 	833
    34 	Malta 	-10% 	796
    35 	Norway 	-25% 	713
    36 	Monaco 	-48% 	608
    37 	Ireland 	-8% 	514
    38 	Albania 	-35% 	418
    39 	Gibraltar 	+600% 	416
    40 	Russia 	+0.4% 	416
    41 	Finland 	-22% 	375
    42 	Portugal 	-16% 	345
    43 	UK 	-2% 	265
    44 	Iceland 	-15% 	82
    45 	Isle of Man 	-50% 	23
    46 	Faeroe Islands 	+100% 	20
    47 	Channel Islands 	+100% 	11

• Advertisement

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Does 4 out of 5 adults assume 100% uptake by those offered? I mean, are the calculations based on having say enough vaccines to vaccinate 80 % of currently unvaccinated adults, or have they already built into the calculation the % who will refuse
    I believe it is offered or that 80% will have had a chance to register by then.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I believe it is offered or that 80% will have had a chance to register by then.

Harris said: "Literally over the next number of weeks, and we are talking weeks, four out of five adults in Ireland are going to have had their first vaccine"

Unlikely. Very.

Anyway, it's the slightly disingenious use of "weeks", as if we're all gonna fall for it and keep in line easier than if he said "months".

Looking at all the figures, it’s astonishing that we are still in severe lockdown...

Harris said: "Literally over the next number of weeks, and we are talking weeks, four out of five adults in Ireland are going to have had their first vaccine"

Unlikely. Very.

Anyway, it's the slightly disingenious use of "weeks", as if we're all gonna fall for it and keep in line easier than if he said "months".
    Listen, we know he's excitable but he does lift people even when stretching things! Remember the May BH is two weeks today, then it's 4 weeks to June.

While some on here might say the lock down is bad for mental health, and the economy and a host of other things, spare a thought for those who have bigger things to worry about right now.

"A MAN who got the wrong order in a McDonald’s restaurant verbally attacked the manager and invited him outside the premises, a court heard today.

Thomas McDonagh appeared at Letterkenny District Court in Co Donegal charged with a public order offence at the fast-food outlet on Pearse Road in Letterkenny on October 11th, 2019.

His solicitor, Ms Alison Parke told the court that the father of four had ordered a chicken nugget meal but he had received a chicken happy meal instead
    ."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

While some on here might say the lock down is bad for mental health, and the economy and a host of other things, spare a thought for those who have bigger things to worry about right now.

"A MAN who got the wrong order in a McDonald’s restaurant verbally attacked the manager and invited him outside the premises, a court heard today.

Thomas McDonagh appeared at Letterkenny District Court in Co Donegal charged with a public order offence at the fast-food outlet on Pearse Road in Letterkenny on October 11th, 2019.

His solicitor, Ms Alison Parke told the court that the father of four had ordered a chicken nugget meal but he had received a chicken happy meal instead
    ."

The horror lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Why isn't there a pandemic that kills off people like that ?

Karn-19 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

https://onemileatatime.com/flight-coronavirus-record/
    I wonder what Ireland's record for imported cases on one flight is. Presumably nowhere near that, and it's unlikely they'd be able to check, but 47 seems crazy high, statistically, esp. if they're still claiming airplanes are relatively safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Looking at all the figures, it’s astonishing that we are still in severe lockdown...

Not really. Figures are back to pre Christmas levels only. So its too early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Ficheall wrote: »
    https://onemileatatime.com/flight-coronavirus-record/
    I wonder what Ireland's record for imported cases on one flight is. Presumably nowhere near that, and it's unlikely they'd be able to check, but 47 seems crazy high, statistically, esp. if they're still claiming airplanes are relatively safe.

it's been scientifically proven planes cannot pass covid to each other

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement