Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

Exact same with me. Emailed them yesterday, got the reply, did the head unit reset and that fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Just wondering what the actual on the road price is for the EV6 at the moment, The KIA price list is showing it as €53800 before delivery and related charges - anyone know what they amount to?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Have the dreaded USB problem where it won't charge a phone ( tried different cables...) or connect in Android Auto. Have tried the media reset button and USB cable unplug tricks but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Anyone got an idea of the price for a new 'key' also?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Just to be clear did you do the whole pulling off the cover and reseating the USB cable in both places under the dash? There is a video that explains how to do it.

If so then I'm afraid its probably back to the dealer.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Yep, did the whole video thing...pretty straight forward - but to no avail

Dealer next I guess

• Advertisement

The new maps and Infotainment update is now available. One good thing is it remaps the radio volume so that now 10 is as loud as 40 used to be so it makes a lot more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Has anyone else had the door handle issue where one does not retract after locking the car?

I was getting ghost car unlocked notifications from Connect app the last while and noticed the front passenger door handle was not retracted fully, but door was locked.

If anyone had it fixed was it a dealer return job or will a simple spray of WD40 fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭this.lad

Is that an OTA update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

looks like we are due a facelift EV6 which will probably land here in time for 251 registrations.

Thankfully the picture in article is just an artists impression as it’s horrible IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone else having no connection with Kia connect for over a week?

Haven't tried that reset thing yet. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no joy.

You have to do the reset thing on the car. Solved it for me a few weeks ago.

Don't worry, it's not a real reset. It doesn't lose your settings. It's the equivalent of turning it off and on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭joe1303l

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

Question specifically for GT line owners, has anyone replaced a tyre/multiple tyres with anything other than the Continental Premium contact6 (R20 255/45 105H XL)?

Previous cars of mine had Michelin Primacy 4 tyres and found they offer great grip in the wet, we're pretty quiet and efficient enough.

I find the default tyres to be a bit slippery when the road is damp and I think my efficiency figures could be better tbh.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gwento

changed to a non conti silent version of the Continental that came on the car drove 200 yards out of the garage and knew i made a huge mistake the increase in tyre noise was very noticeable where there was a constant hum from the front it was like wheel bearings were gone it ruined the joy of driving a fantastic car.Few of the guys over on the Facebook group complaining the same with their 19 inch tyres.

So my advice is very careful in deciding which tyre you choose for the EV6 and i suppose a lot of EV's are so fine tuned that any variation in tyres in my experience has an enormous impact on the performance

I'm now back on my 2nd set of conti silent and that's where I'll be staying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone's Kia Connect app changed and no longer able to log into the car?

I'm stuck in the Kia Connect store.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

I'm thinking of changing my Model 3 SR+ for an EV 6.

Anyone got any opinions on this? Looking for something a little more family friendly and longer range.

Not a fan of the Model Y

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

They start at 55k at the moment, I wouldn't be going near them at that price. Nothing wrong with the car, but surely Kia and the rest will have to respond to recent market cuts, it could be a 45k car soon.

It's a big impressive car, I sat in one in a showroom which was a fairly standard earth model and was impressed. It's nicer inside than my cupra born for sure and much bigger. It's prob worth a few K above an id4 in my opinion.

Impressive looking on the roads too

Was looking at second hand ones (early to mid €40's). The tanking of the value of my Model 3 rules a new one out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

• Advertisement

unless they bring the smaller battery (58kWh) to the EV6 and create a lower trim level (like the Ioniq 5 58kWh Executive) then the price (new) will stay above €50k. The base spec Earth is still jammed with options, especially when you compare it with the entry level Ioniq 5 (they can be compared as they're so similar).

@Dozz to chip in with your dilemma, I've rented a M3 SR+ several times (here and abroad), a couple of times with 4 people (2A, 2C) and a couple with 5 people (2A, 3C) and each time it was fine to get us about, I still prefer my EV6 for a few reasons:

I find the EV6 quite a bit more comfortable (the suede seats suits me better than the vegan leather of the M3, the seat position and form suit me better in the EV6 too (not being able to adjust the headrest in the M3 for example). The EV6 feels more spacious despite the minimal interior of the M3. The acoustics inside the EV6 are better (to me) - I mean general noise and the ability to have a conversation - it's like the stripped out M3 interior doesn't have enough soft material to absorb harsh sounds. I refuse to use "AutoPilot" on the M3 due to how many times it phantom braked, so the (better) EV6 assisted driving makes motorway trips more relaxing.

The boot/frunk space feels very comparable, but the hatch on the EV6 wins for me every time.

The touch points (to me) are better in the EV6 - the steering wheel feels nicer (to me) and to have physical buttons on the steering wheel help (being able to turn off lane keep assist with one button, or change the driving mode with one button is a winner to me).

The software is fine in the EV6, obviously previous gen compared to the M3 (although using the in built nav in the EV6 to force the battery to precondition at a high power charger is extremely convoluted).

note, I don't class the range of the EV6 as an advantage for the EV6 end over the M3 SR+, while the battery is bigger in the EV6 it is less efficient. But I also don't worry about range in the EV6 (nor in the M3 to be honest) because it charges like a beast.

@eltoastero Thanks for that reply. Great to hear from someone that is familiar with both.

Can I ask what % you charge to normally in the EV6?

Unless I am heading on a long trip the next day (and would need to charge to 100%), I tend to only plug it in if there's less than 25% charge remaining, and by default I've my charger to send 4 hours of electricity to it (so about 27kWh), so that might leave it with between 50% and 60% the next morning. Sometimes I update this to add 5 or 6 or more hours of charge but there's no wild logic to this at all (other than spreading the load on the house between car/washer/dryer/immersion over the entire night rate).

I've no issue with charging the car to a higher SoC (I used to always charge to 80% and have the car limits set to 80%, this is no longer the case) but now I don't put anywhere near as much thought into it. I usually avoid charging to 100% unless there's a big trip planned, this has nothing to do with protecting the battery and more to do with there being no-regen for a few KM when the battery is full.

In summer I'll leave it plugged in to soak up excess Solar with no upper limit imposed.

The manual does recommend charging up to 100% once a month or so (I think it triggers a cell rebalancing thing on the battery)

Is it possible to get a battery health check with KIA?

Am looking at this car now.

Any advice from current owners or does anyone know that car history?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I think it’s slightly overpriced for an Earth (base model). For €1000 more, this GT-Line has way more kit and was a good bit more expensive than an Earth model when new. https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35885925

Kia EV6 EV6 GT Line 5DR Auto

The thing to note about the two models is that there is a much bigger frunk in the earth model and also more range. The GT line is obviously faster and has the HUD and a few other bits but the earth model is very well specced out compared to other manufacturers base models.

Just depends on your priorities.

• Advertisement

Thanks @tommythecat & @joe13

Advertisement