Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm not changing, I don't have an EV6. That poster owns a byd and an ev6. Now looking to get two byd.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

Replacement / Back Up Key.

Hi. Looking for a bit of advice. I think I mistakenly threw out my second key during a recent clear out 😞.

I'm looking into getting a replacement in case anything happens to the main key.

I got a quote of €432 for a direct replacement through the local Kia garage. To be fair, even they were suggesting I look at non-OEM options. They'll be closer to 200, fully coded etc.

I'm just wondering how it might impact me when selling. Would it be a big factor for you as a buyer if the spare was non-OEM?

Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

No it wouldn't affect resale value for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anybody else having trouble with the Kia Connect App

Its gone down before for a day or so a few times but down two weeks for me now , its a real pain in the morning not being able to set climate before I leave .

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Working fine here. Haven't had any issues except the usual turning scheduled charging off by itself all the time!

Might be worth rebooting the head unit.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

I now have the app installed on an iPhone and iPad to check where the issue lies. When it does not work on phone I check iPad. Most of the time it works there, and a restart of phone usually fixes it. When broken on both then it’s time to get out your paper clip or sim pin and reset head unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

any word on the EV6 getting a price cut like most other brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anybody replaced their tyres yet

Had mine in for a service today and tyres are fine for a while but probably need to start planning to replace two and got a quoted ridiculous price of 492 per tyre !!!

I know of dealer mark ups but surely thats not the price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

What tyre is on it at the moment? Do a search online for price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

Eiretyres.com have a selection of brand name EV rated tyres for around €200 a corner for Earth model or premium budget options around €150 each. I have not replaced mine yet, but have always used Eiretyres. Budget an extra €15-20 for fitting per tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

I got a new set of 20" tyres recently, from EireTyres. I said I'd try Hankook Ik01A as they claim a better sound performance, plus similar other performance to the Continental silent ev ones that came on the car.

They were about €260 each plus €25 per tyre to get fitted locally, and took about a week to arrive.

I've only had the back 2 fitted (getting the front 2 done this weekend).

VERY initial early impressions are good, I think there is a lower overall tone to the noise so it sounds a little less intrusive to me (but what do I know!).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wasn't aware the guards were running any of these

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Qsaab

Hi , first time posting here so don’t think I can attach a link. Looking at an Kia ev6 gt line 2022 with 40k km and priced at 40k . Just looking for opinions on the car and the price for that age and kms. Any input appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

40K... Jaysus, my wife was looking at them in late 2023 and they were near 70k new! I see a 2024 on carzone at 86K!!! Some drop...

When I drove it I couldn't fault it. Great car with fantastic range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That’s a GT, which is a completely different animal to the GT Line.

There been an Ev6 patrol car in Cork since last year.

The 40k 2022 one is prob the equivalent of something in the low to mid 50s to buy brand new today, so its fairly standard stuff really.

They were never near 70k for the vast majority of them, maybe one with every box ticked and option added but nobody paid that, I hope.

86k is a supercar equivalent when it comes to power, not the one people actually buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A fresh EV6 GT from N.I like this one seems good value considering the performance. (Assuming it’s a N.I registered car from new). https://www.usedcarsni.com/2023-Kia-EV6-424kW-GT-77-4kWh-5dr-AWD-Auto-333895795

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

wow that is serious car for the money.

Answering the previous question on the 2022 GT Line with 40k km on the clock for €40k. To me that is a very good deal, it's essentially what I have (but I've less KM on the clock) and you're getting a lot of car for the money. Check to see if all of the updates have been done on the car; the oldest updates fixed the remote cabin heating/cooling. The next set added the battery pre-conditioning. Then there was a recall on the door handles on some cars (something to do with the touch sensor to unlock was faulty and could cause battery drain). The most recent is a recall on the ICCU (if the most recent dealer software update doesn't guarantee that it won't fail).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Qsaab

Thanks for the replies, especially @eltoastero and the advice on updates and recalls. Bought the ev6 we were looking at. Car is going to be checked & any updates installed. Happy with it and touch wood it’ll be lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Might be obvious, but what does SEM mean when it comes to the Earth spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wow, thanks. Is that written anywhere? Looks to be a 700e premium, but again not said anywhere (that I can see) what that gets you - not mentioned at in any of the brochures I could find on Kia dundrum

Yeah I've seen it written as special edition model in a few ads. I don't know what it gets you, it's only marketing mumbo jumbo really.

BMW (along with many others) over the years the base model was called SE which meant special equipment, sounds a range topper but it wasn't at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Saw a Joe Duffy Kia dealer and which stated that there was 7k savings on the EV6. When I enquired about it they stated it was made up of the €3.5k seai grant plus them matching another €3.5k.

Does this mean this is the start of a price reduction for the EV6?

Questionable advertising but hopefully a reduction coming. I'd be all over ev6 if I was looking to buy this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Very questionable indeed as it's a car we're very interested in. When I rang up to enquire, the sales guy knew nothing of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

For anyone in Dublin, where did you get your EV6 serviced and what was that cost? Mine is due a service. Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

I got mine done in Wicklow (so prices should be comparable), I paid €94 for my first service after 24 months, it was basically just checking everything over and performing any additional software updates (note I had replaced my Cabin Air Filter and Wipers beforehand, so they might include that in the service cost and push the price up accordingly).

The service highlighted the need to replace the ICCU (which was completed about 6 weeks later).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Advertisement