Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

I had the software update done recently in Cork on a ‘ 22 car I paid for it . I did feel it should have been free as the car was advertised with much faster charging. All that said , it has reduced the charging time significantly and works very well .

I tested it out tonight at Ionity Kill on a run up from Cork . Peak was 200kW for a short period but it stayed above 180 KW .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

Do you mind saying how much you were charged for it?

It was about 130 odd . I remember them saying it was 1.5 hours labour @ 80 euros , plus vat .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I'd love to know what actual labour it involves. Plugging ina diagnostic unit and walking away for most of the 1.5 hours wouldn't count as 1.5 hours labour in my mind.

i completely agree . I felt it was worth it after a few bad experiences with two small kids in car . But it should have been free in my opinion, especially as I traded a e Niro in for better advertised charging of EV 6.

I took in 30 KWH in 9 minutes yesterday at Ionity after the update .

Previously I’d had many experiences pulling 55 kw there and being there / elsewhere for 40 min .

it’ll be interesting to see if anyone gets it FOC .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Was going through the Kia Charge app last night & it looks like the 49c connection / 93c/kwh is the new pricing for ESB cars, looks like others like ionity are still the old pricing. Ecar is significantly cheaper on their own card. My tuppence anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I asked for it during annual service and didn't pay (argued that early adopters having to pay for a 'feature' which was supposed to be there early on wasn't a customer centric approach)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

PSA

KIA charge have upped their prices again and changed their overstay fee structure. Surely no one uses KIA charge (apart from maybe at IONITY) given these outrageous prices (AC shown first) - €1.06 per kWh is bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Freshmile is a good alternative for Ionity if you have a modern EV with a decent DC charging speed. For ESB, eCars is the best bet.

interesting, looking at my last IONITY charge (20.612kWh in 10 mins), it cost me €14.43 via KIA Connect (the same price if I'd used the IONITY app directly), where as the Freshmile cost would have been (20.612kWh * €0.30 per kWh) + (10 mins * €0.45 per min) = €10.68

It will probably always work out cheaper to use Freshmile on the IONITY's so (and it'll be even better value if we get the battery conditioning update and can pull the full 200kW+ from the get go).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

Had my first issue today, the power seat won't go forward or backwards, all other movements are ok. Checked fuses too. Anyone else experience something similar?

Hi folks

I got a puncture earlier on the M8 north of Watergrasshill .

I can confirm that those tyre mobility kits are useless anyway , the sealant just poured back out onto the tarmac .

guess it’s just too big of a hole .

In fairness it’s been said on boards before, so I’m reminding us all , consider getting a real spare wheel .

im waiting for the cavalry to come along .

I’ll get myself fixed up with an actual real spare once I get sorted .

we’ll see how Kia assist go , they saying 90 minutes.

Unlucky mate, hope you're not waiting too long.

Are you thinking of fullsize spare or the donut? I'd say it's unlikely, but would a donut fit in the frunk (assuming you've the RWD version)? I don't think the false floor in the boot is deep enough to house a donut, so let us know what your storage solution is - interesting real world testing.

About 90 minutes wait , pretty good considering.

will start by looking at the donut style spare I’d say

I can’t see it fitting in the frunk from memory but I’ll report back when I research it .

if anyone has bought one already please throw up a recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Sorry for your troubles. Yeah very much doubt the donut would fit in the frunk. Are they donut ones strong enough for the weight of the car I wonder?

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Would run flat tyres be an option next time you’re due a set ?

Battery Preconditioning on route for a high power charger now works in MY22 EV6

Big point to note here, apparently this is the exact same BMS version I had gotten in December 22, but it somehow works now (that they reinstalled it). So get them to install it twice.

Pictures for reference, using 5kW to heat the battery up in this example. The icicle in the battery on the dash also indicates Preconditioning is happening (in MY22 cars, it's red in MY23 cars).

Hope others find this useful

Just to follow up on this here are the battery temperatures required to get to each level of fast charging.

Charging speed temperatures

40kW @ Min. battery temp <10C (50F)

60kW @ 10-15C (50-59F)

130kW @ 15-20C (59-68F)

190kW @ 20C-25C (68-77F)

240kW @ >25C (77F)

If you have an OBD and car scanner app you can see all the cells temperatures. It's the minimum temperature of the coldest cell that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shanoh

Thanks for that, really useful. I'm also Jan 22 and actually haven't managed to get in for any updates at all yet. Is there a Dublin garage that seems to know what they're doing? Don't want to be wasting time with guys who don't know how to do it...

My KIA dealer is Vartey garage in Wicklow, so if you're southside Dublin it might not be too inconvenient for you. They also performed two recall items (1. IPedal upgrade, essentially it now engages the handbrake when you press PARk, 2. Replaced sensors int the door handles for some reason), this meant they lumped the preconditioning update in for free too (rather than trying to charge for it). Good lads down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 shanoh

Ah that's great. Thanks for the reminder about the recall, I'd put that letter away and forgot all about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kennyod

Hi, got into my 231 ev6 yesterday morning and all the saved info like mobile, radio stations dash set up all defaulted back to original settings. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else. Strange think is the scheduled charging is now working and before this the scheduled charging would always default to off after completing one charge. Maybe I got an update to system?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

June 23 navigation updates just out

https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeList

Thanks! Just installed it. Funnily it asks you to leave the car running for this update. Took around 45 mins. All looks good so far. Giving me the charge options on my chosen route etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

Yes, I wondered about that, but when I read "leave the engine running" I assumed it was for other cars. I switched off the car and returned an hour later to find the update complete, no issues.

Yeah it's a strange one. On the last infotainment update it said it was fine to turn the car off so I figured I would leave it on. Good to know it still works.

The documentation mentions it too saying its to preserve the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ehh... Dumb question to some I know, but how do I install this exactly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Download it onto a USB stick (make sure it has 64GB capacity). Once downloaded, plug it into the usb port and it will automatically start. You need to download the navigator exe program to make the download. All very simple and straightforward.

https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/navigationUpdate

Application needs to be download to a PC or Mac. You first download the temporary files (so onto the PC HDD/SSD - NOT THE USB DRIVE). Once the temporary files have downloaded (it's pretty slow for a 33GB download) it will ask you to copy the files to your USB drive (the USB drive will be wiped, make sure you're pointing at the correct drive). Let it copy across, safely remove the USB drive (or shut down the PC before you unplug), then bring it to the car and go to the "settings" icon and the "update" button should be clickable.

I had no issue installing the update even though I turn the car off while it's updating (I've found no differences in the software apart from the routeplanning)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I downloaded straight to the USB stick, not to the PC first. All still worked fine. Is there a reason to download and copy instead of doing it directly?

Advertisement