Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

not sure about the bluetooth, but I had an issue with android auto and the cable. I pulled out the head unit cover and just wriggled the wire connection unit behind and its been 100% since, havent had one drop out. It seems its a common enough issue. This video here helps explain how to fix, worth a go before bringing it back maybe and wasting your own time. Simple enough to do, I had it out fixed and back on in 10 minutes, just taking my time not to break anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326U3NhwMnM&ab_channel=AlexH2O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Excellent thanks I'll try that tomorrow. 🙏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

Hey @kuang1 . I remember coming across the thread below. A few of the people having an issue sorted it themselves, others got the dealer to sort it. Hope that helps.

https://www.kiaevforums.com/threads/android-auto-apple-car-play-cutting-out.5053/page-3

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

Had my first tip, absolute wreck the head! One of those very slow impacts where I reversed into a pole. For some reason my brain ignored the parking sensors. Damage is very slight but still an expensive mistake, the rear light across the boot which has a crack in it is 970plus vat! While I have the car in I'm going to ask them to fix the android auto drop out. It's definitely the usb-a connection behind the dash, I reseated it and worked solidly for a month but back dropping out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭this.lad

Hi folks, im looking at a 221 ev6 earth. Is there any difference in this and a brand new model?

I'm coming over from a 28kw Ioniq which I'm very fond of but need that bit more range. Has anyone here made this switch?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Got the car back yesterday .All told of the road for 12 days .

Same as above Kia Ireland paid for car rental and covered full number of days no argument on the 4 days in T&C's

Glad to have her back and having visions of 5-7 weeks I feel 12 days is a result !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

When I'm on my Kia connect app, and "Network connection failed" comes up anytime I try to communicate with the car, am I right in thinking that's a Kia server issue?

Damned frustrating when it happens, and not entirely a rarity either.

I've googled this already and that's my understanding of it... Can anyone confirm this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Yep, anytime I have had that error it has been a Kia server issue

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

https://insideevs.com/news/680364/hyundai-kia-genesis-charging-port-lawsuit/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

evening all. Wife (probably reading this as I type LOL) has her eye on a Kia EV6 GT? Our first foray into the EV world.

Its just us 2... no kids. Not loaded but can handily afford the car/repayments, just cautious as it’s all new to us.

we’d be 15 km (each way) from the city (limerick) and have a camper for weekends away so with it’s range, we’d have more than enough to get us in and out of work/the city 3-5 days a week with home charging and no real ‘range anxiety’ so to speak

any advice on chargers and electricity plans?

Anyone reading this own an EV6?

We’re getting mixed opinions on the whole ‘Ev’ vs phev vs ICE decisions/debate

be great to get some 1st hand perspective

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭djan

While a great car depends if you really need the bigger SUV shape. If you can wait, I'd hold off until the BYD Seal AWD comes out as same as the KIA GT has the 500+ bhp dual motors but a much longer range and given the recent pricing release, roughly 30k cheaper.

Post edited by djan on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s VERY expensive for a Kia. It’s a nice car but is it that price nice?

Not for me anyhow. I’d rather an i4.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

Just to check if you mean the GT (€85k, 585hp) or the GT-Line (€65k new, with some second hand options available, 226hp) - two entirely different beasts.

There is an existing thread (onto page 60 now) where plenty of discussion about the merits and flaws of the EV6, check it out: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058170962/kia-ev6/p60

Chargers: Zappi by MyEnergi is what I have and recommend (it plays very nicely with Solar and is very flexible in terms of scheduling charging). Plenty of discussions on chargers here too, including a dedicated zappi one.

Electricity plans: not the most ideal time to switch, price drops are coming. But, if you have a day/night meter and can get a good day/night tariff it's what I have an also recommend (i see no value at the moment of any smart plan by comparison).

For the same budget an an EV6 GT Line (when I bought, 2022) I found the offerings from VW/Skoda and especially Audi to be poor in comparison (to me). The Polestar 2 is a great offering for slightly less money but it was noticeably tighter inside than the EV6. Tesla Model 3 is frankly excellent value these days (but didn't suit me as I needed to fit 3 child seats in the back). The BYD seal looks like it could be amazing bang for the buck.

And the whole discussion about EV vs PHEV vs ICE, people with a EV will tell you EV's are best (I won't be going back to a non-EV, it suits my driving needs ) and those who don't have an EV will tell you EV's are terrible and point out how they can't drive from Donegal to Kerry and back and therefore are totally unusable by anyone. This has also been discussed to death on many threads here, well worth a read but it usually descents into the same arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fitzballina

EV6 PROBLEMS.

From the second day I bought the car Feb. 2022 my heating system did not work ,car back in the garage for a new heating system to be fitted 2 weeks later.

August 2022 the DC charging system failed and I had serious problems when I had long journeys as I could not fast charge.

Back to the garage again ,had to wait until until October for a new wiring loom to be fitted.

August 11th 2023 flashing battery light on dash and message 'stop safelyand check power supply . Just got home and battery dead . AA came tried to jump start but no good , they told me the battery was dead . 4 days new battery fitted but same warning lights came on . Tow truck to the garage and its there until September 5th having a new ICCU unit fitted .

All these problems are discussed all the time on the EV6 Forums and Kia are aware of them .

I love the car but it has been a nightmare and stressful time for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

I know people tend to share negative feedback much more easily then the positive one (which is understandable), and not wanting to minimise the impact of the issues other people are having, we've now had the car (a Earth spec) for 15 months and 27500km, and we have just returned from Portugal after taking the ferry to Bilbao and back.

To this day the only issue we ever had was with Android Auto disconnecting - I followed the advice mentioned before of taking off the cover and replugging the cables, and it hasn't happened again in 2000km. Thats it.

We usually always AC charge at home, and mostly used DC charging while travelling. We were able to max out the charging speed quite a few times (236kW on Ionity).

So far (and knocking on wood), the car has been flawless for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Same. Coming up on 9 months with the car and (touch wood) the biggest issue has been android auto disconnecting. My car is My23 so came with preconditioning so DC charging has always been speedy. We couldn't be happier with the car. Its comfy spacious and lovely to drive and economical.

Couldn't have asked for more from it.

Hopefully it continues.

Only downer is the crappy navigation software.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I have a Niro, And use AAwireless... so not a Kia Issue but could be related.

Is the android auto disconnecting in the same spot every time? I've come across this, at a certain spot in the road, it has since settled down for me though.

It was super weird, no matter what direction we were coming from it would always disconnect at a certain spot in the road, not time, or distance travelled.

I put it down to interference, but from what I had no clue. It would disconnect and immediately reconnect again

Wireless android auto uses bluetooth and wifi for connectivity so something annoying that can throw it off.

Annoyingly the ev6 has no wireless AA. Wired only. No real pattern to the disconnection. Just fairly random.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Updated the nav/ info system software recently & the system has started forgetting the (1) off peak charging time and (2) the off peak priority...even after they have been saved etc..

Not sure am I missing a setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hyundai have announced that wireless AA is coming to all Ioniq 5, I'd imagine the EV6 will get it as well now.

• Advertisement

It seems that it might just be newer models though. Not backwards compatible with the software in older models unfortunately. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Same here , I gave to re-input night saver timings every time , or almost every time .

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

I'm sure you've thought of this, but just in case - can you set the charging schedule via your charger? I don't think I've ever use the in car charging scheduler instead relying on my Zappi to control the charge timings (i.e. use the cheap rate, prioritise solar charging etc).

an idea worth exploring. Historically I’ve used the car timers as the physical car charger is at the edge of Wi-Fi range from the house but it’s worth examining until the next Kia software update at least .

Anyone else having trouble with Kia Connect / live traffic and other connected services

mine is down due a few days and seems to be resisting efforts to reset it

Was going to ask the same. My Kia connect hasn't updated the car status since the 20th at 5.45am.

Same via API that I'm running on home assistant. I'm guessing the services are down entirely. Was wondering if it was something with my car specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

Mine is up, on android.

Working fine here also on android

Thanks for the feedback. Tried doing the reconfigure in the car and also getting a network error there so I've opened a support ticket via the Kia Connect app.

• Advertisement

Re kia connect fault since last Thursday

Kia came back to me . Asked me to do a head unit reset via the little tiny button v beside the volume knob.

all is back working now .

Advertisement