Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭eltoastero

Cool, I didn't think it was possible to go straight to the USB drive (as it tries to Format the drive before copying the temporary files, which I assumed would delete the temporary file before copying them.....). But I never tried, if it works it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Help!

I hope there's a really easy answer to this and I'm a twit for not being able to figure it out...

On the display screen, top right, location (in words) and temperature (number) are shown.

Infuriatingly, both are almost never accurate for me.

Can I remove these from the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Does anyone know the kWh cost of using Ionity chargers via the Kia Charge app? When I select a charger in the app it doesn't show the charging cost.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

it appears in the app as €0.73 per kWh, make sure you're logged in (mine logs me out seemingly randomly) and that you don't have any filters on that would exclude ionity (I had "BP Pulse" as a filter, but i could see my favourited Ionity chargers on the map, but couldn't see their price until i removed the "BP Pulse" filter")

Thanks I figured out what I was doing wrong, I didn't realise you could swipe up on the location and get extra details which includes the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

17 months in Car refused to charge yesterday on 4 different chargers and I got the "Check electric vehicle system error".

From Manual

Refrain from driving when the warning message is displayed.

If this occurs, park the vehicle in a safe location and we recommend that you tow your vehicle to the nearest authorized Kia dealer/service partner and have the vehicle inspected.

Anybody else have this problem and any idea how long Kia took to resolve ?

I suspect this could be related to the ICCU issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I think you are right. Father in law's Ev6 was in for about 7 weeks in March. I think this was the issue as it seems to match up with everything Ioniq 5 owners are saying. The main problem was waiting for the part to come from Korea. Someone on the Ioniq 5 thread mentioned there is a recall for it in America now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Im collecting my EV6 on Friday, bought a 22 GT line earlier today. Very excited about it, was very close to buying an Etron and husband convinced me to try the Kia. Loved it the minute I sat into it, my first electric car

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

had this issue with a new to me, 18 month old car, EV6. All sorted in the end with Kia under warranty. Solution is to get it towed by Kia Care, via the AA, to a kia garage. There is fuse / ICCU problem that takes a morning to fix and had to wait almost 5 weeks for the spare part to arrive. Cost Kia a rental car for 5 weeks.

Did they put up any fight on the rental for 5 weeks , I noticed in the small print of the T&C's it says they will provide a vehicle for only 4 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Depends on your dealer Hyundai or Kia Ireland will say dealer descretion. Depends on if your dealer is a b*/££!X. I thought rental was only 2 days via AA?

Kia Ireland are providing the car via the breakdown assistance so nothing to do with the dealer at this point , T&Cs says 4 days not 2

HKMC (Hyundai Kia Motor Company) are the say but seems warranty is different is 2 days in Hyundai warranty. Dose it say replacement car is at dealer descretion in warranty T&C also. I got stung with that with Hyundai.

So My problem is ICCU unit as suspected

They do not have a date yet to resolve , KIA Ireland pay for the rental for 4 days then it switches to the Dealer and its at their discretion , They have agreed to let me keep rental until issue is resolved and apparently that is never an issue , dealer then gets re-imbursed by KIA .

Seems unnecessarily complicated but at least I have no issues with having a car for the next few weeks.

Car is provided by enterprise , I got a Cupra born which is ok. I was offered a Diesel Volvo XC60 but stuck with the electric option.

I hope it gets resolved quickly, thanks for keeping us posted on your situation (as it might apply to more of us sooner or later)

Sounds like the same problem, was 5 weeks to sort out. No question raised about car rental - was all covered.

Final sting in the tail - after Kia has paid for the rental in full - was the guy who collected the rental car from me ( and returned my fixed Kia), then drove the car through 5 tolls before returning it to Enterprise without paying. Then Enterprise have hit me for 5 x tolls and admin fees, am currently trying to convince them that I did not have the car & am not liable. Its a strange one alright

The invoice I got from Enterprise with a bill of zero euro at the bottom after the account was settled- was fully paid for by Kia / AA & not the dealer

No fight at all, could not have been easier, they were brilliant to deal with

As in Kia Ireland? I had calls and email threads going with Hyundai Ireland for months and they refused to do anything saying they were just distribution and replacement cars were dealer description. Even Hyundai Europe directed me back to Hyundai Ireland. No response from Hyundai overall corporate office.

Seems to be dealt with as separate car entities in HKMC with Kia giving more of a premium service.

Yes, it must be so, the support from Kia was brilliant, car was collected and returned to my house, rental car was delivered and collected from my house, they set up enterprise car rental, I paid for nothing. Cannot be faulted TBH , except for issues with tolls at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭skinnyfries

I’m heading across the country tomorrow in my new EV6. First big journey in it, I presume I’m ok to charge to 100% before I set off? Any tips for a 3.5 hour journey?

It's always OK to charge to 100%. It's less than ideal for a battery to be charged to 100% and to then sit unused for a long period of time (I don't remember the science).

Tips: as in how to get the best efficiency (I only really use eco mode once the cruise control is on to be honest, I've yet to notice a large enough change in efficiency off the motorway between eco and normal to warrant eco mode all the time)

Tips: as in charging: if you're going to charge at IONITY (each station is 350kW, max you'll get from the EV6 is 240kW) then preheat on the way (navigate to the IONITY charger). If you're going to charge at anything rated less than 150kW I usually don't bother pre-heating in this weather: you'll plug in and easily get 120kW+ if your SoC is less than 50%

Tips: as in passing the time: fire up a decent podcast or audiobook, it's a very easy car to do a lot of KM in, plenty of spare brain capacity for activites.

and enjoy, welcome to the club

Out of interest, how do you preheat the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭John arse

Fair play, good luck with it,I've an ioniq 5 myself.👍👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭tommythecat

You just need to set the charger as the destination in the navigation settings. The car will then turn on preconditioning as you get to within around 15 mins of the station. This will ensure you get the max from all chargers. I would still recommend it for the 150 chargers as you will probably achieve 145 from them vs 120 without it.

Incidentally you don't actually need to be driving to do this. If there is a charger close to your house you can set it as the destination and just leave the car running and it will precondition from the driveway. Handy if you need a fast charge quickly.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Best of luck. It's a very relaxing drive in this car. For more efficiency work on your coasting skills. The car coasts extremely well. So use your terrain wisely and your efficiency will go up without having to drive like a granny!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your car might need an update to have the option to preheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭skinnyfries

Just to update those interested m, I charged to 100%, drove from Louth to Sligo and still have 56%.

Also get yourself the A Better Route Planner. It is extremely accurate in estimating what battery percentage you will arrive with for your journey and also to give you options on where to charge if you need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone having trouble with Bluetooth and/or android auto?

I'm about to tear my hair out. Have tried multiple USB cables, yet android auto will work for a random period of time, and them tell me that it cannot communicate with the phone.

That has been like this since day 1. I've tried turning off the Bluetooth on the phone but the car seems to force that to restart...

But now on top of this, my regular Bluetooth (cable free) connection is randomly breaking down too.

I don't think it's anything on my phone's end, because I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of.

Any help appreciated before I complain to the dealer.

Advertisement