Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Software version: CV_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001210719

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

You might be right about GOM reset. Seems like range increase was just a "number", since service and software updates and several charges, range in slowly creeping down.

BTW I still have only Winter Mode available in my car and no battery preconditioning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭eltoastero

Does anyone here have experience of using the Tuam ESB chargers (N17 plaza): https://www.plugshare.com/location/351289

Noticed the sideways orientation of the charger, just wondering if there's any issues in getting the cable to reach from chargers 1 & 3?

2 & 4 will fine as our charge port is rear right, i.e. minimal distance for the cable to have to stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone had a bike rack on the back of the car? How much did it affect range?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone having issues with Kia connect this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Yes, not working all day, throwing up a 'Network Error' message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

My brothers EV6 bought last year March is having heating issues where the heating just stops. Anyone else? It had the inverter replaced prior to purchase so bit ridiculous that he's having this problem now and dealers cannot seem to find fix.

I've thankfully avoided any heating failures to date (just the original remote pre-heating issue, which was solved via software update).

Just to double check that your brother has had all of the relevant updates applied (I assume he has given he went through the inverter replacement process).

Would it be possible too to try a different dealer? I've had hit and miss experience with mine (it's like they're not really on board or up to date with the tech in an EV6)

PSA: Kia Charge have increased what they charge for both AC and DC charging via their app: it's now 49c connection + 93c per kWh.

Once my IONITY power sub expires I can't seem me using Kia Charge at all (which is a shame, it was an OK app as you could filter by charger power)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

MIGHT be a fan issue.

A couple of Uk drivers had heating issues which were fan related on Speak EV forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Wow that’s a serious price per kWh. Other than Tesla SC rates which have recently come down, all the other providers seem to be price gouging in a big way. Public charging is bad enough without being fleeced as well.

Any owners out there who have purchased a rubber/plastic boot floor cover/mat, but specifically for actual boot floor (that is with the removable false floor taken out)?

I took out the false floor in the first week, but every boot floor cover/mat I've found seems to sit on top of the false floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Am looking at buying a used 2021 EV6 Earth - is there anything is particular / wear points / recalls or updates I need to be aware of? It's from a Kia dealer so they should be on top of it all. Advice appreciated

Am moving from a Ioniq 28kwh which has been flawless, but the extra range will be really welcome

If it’s big money, maybe consider a battery degradation check especially if you think it’s had a lot of DC charging.

Is that run through the car software or an external diagnostic kit?

If you use an ODB2 dongle and Car Scanner you can read the SOH or state of health being reported by the car’s battery management system. The dealer might have something more sophisticated and might be able to give you some kind of diagnostic report. An independent check can be done with a kit from Aviloo but it’s not cheap. Tesla Bjorn has used it on of his YouTube videos and it looks impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭n.d.os

You're probably looking at close to 52k correct? No grant. Ouch. Used car prices are very inflated at the moment so even if it's not your cup of tea you should consider a new Polestar or at least test drive one. They are 52k after the grant and available within two weeks. Very similar car to the EV6 in a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

only the small battery p2 qualifies for the grant ? so less range than EV6

Wltp for the Polestar standard range single motor is 476km so it's still more than the Ioniq and great for an entry spec car. I'm only suggesting this as some used EVs such as the EV6 are very expensive at the moment due to low supply of new ones. If the car is in fact 52k it might be worth looking around at other 231 options as that is a good chunk of change for a two year old car. Everyone will have their preferences and individual needs though and I do get that the Kia will offer more range. I own a long range ID4 and standard range Polestar and I notice very little difference in the range of both cars as I charge the ID to 80% and Polestar to 90% as recommended. Granted on the rare long trip you would need to stop a bit sooner in the Polestar but we live on a small island so it's not like you'd get stuck.

• Advertisement

I’d agree that there’s very poor value to be had on used EV6’s if they’re €50K+. Is a Polestar not a much smaller car though ? Some 1st Edition ID.4’s available for €41K which looks better value compared to current used EV6 prices.

It's a little bit smaller inside but not by much. The Polestar is built on the I40 platform so it does limit space from the ground up a bit. Once you get over the initial shock of the huge centre console it feels like a big car inside. It's a very good car and you'd have no trouble with it. Yes, used ID4s are great value at the moment and more realistic than Kia as you can get a new one relatively easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

Are those cheaper id4's the short range 52kw though?New polestar would be the no-brainer imo,good luck👍

No lots of high spec 77kWh cars available at that money. Polestar is a better interior but not really comparable in size.

According to Kia Ireland's customer service the Battery Preconditioning update is ACTUALLY available now.

Not from customer service (found online), they have to search the "master technician system" using reference KGE22-17-E131-CV (upgrade of BMS and VCU to improve battery functionality).

Customer service also mentioned there might be a charge for this "product enhancement" - I won't be paying for it as the car was sold with the ability to charge from 10% to 80% in 18 minutes (peaking at 230kW+), this update is merely getting the car to how it should have been delivered (and therefore shouldn't incur a cost to update)

Edit: my dealer doesn't have it on their system yet, but there is some sort if i-Pedal update so I booked in for that (in 3 weeks) and hopefully the battery conditioning is available then. Hopefully this is useful for some (and we'll get it before next winter :D)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

when did you get your car? Its been on all 2023 cars issued and working fine, so I'm not sure why your dealer wouldnt have it yet? It seems it was released in the UK and USA more recently, so odd we got it before both.

Jan 2022. I've been onto them numerous times to ask about the update, once they even found it on the system (Nov 2022) and brought me in for the update, they told me it was done but I told them straight away that it wasn't (the option for "Winter Mode" should immediately change to "Battery Preconditioning" mode).

Even today they couldn't find the exact reference number I quoted above. I might try another dealer soon (a Dublin based one) to see if they've better luck finding the update on their system.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

strange alright seeing as it has been rolled out on new cars here. Maybe another dealer would know a bit more or be able to help, they all seem to be good and bad in their own ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Get onto Kia Ireland and they'll get in touch with the dealer.

I booked our Ioniq 5 in for its first service the end of this month and asked about the pre condition update but the service guy didn't seem sure what I was talking about but said he'd look into it.

I got onto Hyundai Ireland and they rang the dealer and walked them through the whole process.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for a boot based bike carrier ( don't have a tow bar) or a roof rack?

Advertisement