Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Looks like demos of the eDrive40 have arrived at dealerships.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Must book a test drive soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

They won't allow a proper test drive until official launch. You can go see the cars now, a few have them and maybe a spin around the yard but that's all. No pics either

Well I'm sure it drives as a BMW should and all the reviewers tell us it does. I guess what I'm most concerned about is space in the rear. Might go for a looksee at some point. Frank Keane is not far from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭sk8board

He’s more glowing about it than I thought.

I love the 4GC and am looking at changing my current one for the new one. the 40 mSport and 420d mSport are effectively the same price (about €67k with one or two obvious options).

wouldn’t buy without a test drive, so it’s good to hear the demos are landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Getting one of these on the road for 67k will be nigh on impossible I reckon. You’re in low 70’s with metallic paint, leather and the pro pack which I think is a must have.

I got the MSport Pro on my current one because it includes the wider screen, upgraded stereo & 8-speed ZF gearbox with paddles, whereas the new one costs €3k and doesn’t really give me anything I’m prepared to pay that much on, to upgrade something that’s already there.

it’s these 5 things, plus ‘msport seatbelts’ 🙄

so it’s €67k on the configurator with a metallic colour and leather - totally agree with you those two are crucial.

garages seem to have 420d’s in stock at €67k too (I paid €57k, so theres definitely a chunk of price inflation over the years)

considering most EV versions are far more expensive than their ICE equivalent, I think BMW have done quite well here with the 40

Is there no tan leather option to go with the Sanremo Green? Only options are Red or Ivory

It’s not on that list but the pro pack gives you the 19” alloys. I wouldn’t like the car with the standard 18” wheel.

the standard seats are black sensatec and cloth mix. Leather is 1600 euro.

tan leather is only with the upgraded seats I think. Maybe M50 model only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Same as any G22 4 series, not bad but not fantastic. I thought us enthusiasts were buying for our driving pleasure....who cares what moaning your progeny do, the 5 times a year they are all in the back. I was made sit in the boot when I was a child and I grew up to be an awesome dude. Let them take the bus the spongers. Or chop off your tackle get a volvo....PS I have a volvo.

• Advertisement

Lol, my missus is one of four siblings. They used to take turns as to who would stand in the back while the other three sat, god bless the 80s.

Got word anyway that my i4 is built, just before the production stop next week. Hoping for delivery in two weeks, three max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

<delete> (new boards.ie is terrible)

Nope, dealer just tells me there’s no change. I’m not known for my patience 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

It seems to offer Oyster as well when I tried it.

Looks more white then tan.

The configurator may be having a tantrum though as I thought I could select tan leather with San Remo the other week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Also what's the deal with the 40 and adaptive suspension.

Its an option in UK (standard on m50) but i didn't see it on Irish configurator.

A lot of talk of how much more expensive EV's are over their ICE equivalents, so out of curiosity I said I'd compare the new 4 series GC ..

I chose a 4 series grand coupe M Sport with metallic paint, standard leather, 19" wheels, visibility pack, tech plus pack and comfort pack added (that way all cars are very close in spec).

I didn't include the 420i but it is about €1000 less then the 420d.

The M50 is the only one here with 4WD... it adds about €4000 to other models when available.

and this was the result ..

... a good spec 420d is about 6K less than the same as the same spec eDrive 40, and the most expensive of this bunch is the the 430i

I think the adaptive suspension is part of the M Sport Pro Pack on the 40 here

€74k for a 4 pot diesel 4 series, LOL

I know these have plenty of extras but yeah I was quite surprised by the price of the 420d, has it taken a big jump since the previous model or was it always this expensive ?

reviews of both models from a publication I would trust. They also prefer the 40 model.

• Advertisement

Had a spin today in the M sport eDrive40. Nice car alright, plenty of poke. The M50 is going to be a beast.

I got confirmation my M50 is built and waiting on shipping.

Decent enough review, not a great amount of detail I’d say. I think a lot a reviewers talk about a £10k (aka €13k) price difference in their comparison, which is only true if you don’t care about the missing spec too. Spec both of them up a bit and the difference is only half what these guys say as the M50 as more standard kit included. They’re driving fully specced cars and comparing base prices so it’s a bit misleading imo. The fun factor may well be true but that depends on what makes you smile more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

Lucky you!! When and where did you order from?

I guess you will have it by the end of the month then?

Possibly or early April at worst. Ordered from FK in naas road back in September.

It seems all the M50s for the year are coming in one go, and all before the 40 models. Kind of hoping week of the 21st for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Called in to my local dealer this morning as I was passing by.... as soon as they get one they'll let me know so I can take it for a spin.

got him to price up a 40 with the MSport Pro / Harmon Kardon and is coming in at about €72k. Residuals on my 201 330e should be decent.

mom really liking the Sanremo Green but the missus is having none of it ... she wants blue !

I'll decide once I've the test drive done and hope for delivery in q1 next year !

There is light at the end of the dark tunnel of driving a stark Chinese EV for a few years 😂

Hope you get it soon. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi

Just a bit about my experiences of the i40

Since last November I have been chopping and changing my mind as to order an i4 or the i4 m50. i had seen one in the flesh at the ix launch before Christmas and got to sit inside and give the car a good look. I loved the look. Since then I have read all the reviews and watched all the video of both driving myself mad.

Today I took a i4 msport out for good long spin lovely car to drive, but I knew that from the reviews but for me i think the extra power of the m50 would suit me. There isn't an m50 to test in any of the dealers I was told, such a pity if your dropping 80 grand. I spec'ed up a i4 eDrive M Sport with all the toys I wanted and the it came to 81,239.80 inc delivery fees madness when the comparable spec in the M50 is 83,920 inc delivery fees so seems a no brainer but dropping that much money I'd love to drive one in that spec. First world problems I know lol.

The demo Black i4 edrive MSport i drove was about 76,000 and only had manual seats and I couldn't get comfortable at all in it.

But get out and into a demo car if you can and have some fun, I did today

Currently drive a 211 520d MSport touring which is great but the i4 while smaller is a nicer drive but different.

cheers

joe

The €80s figures that keep coming up for an i4 40 or M50 are not a million miles away from the entry level Taycan list price of €93k

Just sayin'....maybe I'm talking out loud to myself only and most folks in here don't want to here it, but that's not a big step up. Well it is in terms of car, but not in terms of money...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

I think I agree with you unkel but its still a big step up for most. I'll still have to shell out probably 60,000 with my car for the Taycan 4s I want at 115,000 v's 30,000 for the i4 M50.

cheers

joe

Advertisement