Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

I love the 330e interior and exterior and the spec is so good on it. Head up display, gesture control, Don’t even have to dim my lights at night, keyless entry to name but a few, it’s just not comparable with Tesla. German build quality at its finest. I’d love an I4, maybe in a few years when we have a proper charging network.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,056 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I had that in my last Tesla too (except for the gear) 😂 it's more a feature of a very powerful RWD car that can't find traction for all that torque, than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Thought that was your bald tyres and knackered suspension?

Post edited by Fitz II on

Na, was the same when I just got the car with new tyres. It's the 600NM on the rear wheels, the traction control system can't handle it at all 😂

The AWD Teslas, even the much more powerful performance versions like the P100D ludicrous, behave much, much better.

So why dont BMW limit the torque in gear for the M4, give it wider tyres, slow the shift speed at WOT?.....simple answer is they dont want to. Its what give the car character and make it more ferocious feeling. Even with Tc fully on the M4 will allow some slip and it only kicks in after a certain angle, they even allow slip between 3rd and 4th on the upshift. Make it unpredictable to launch even over other RWD performance cars.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Makes it a lot more fun to drive. Quite like the old skool cars that never had modern driver aids like traction control in the first place. With the added enormous power of the modern motor / engine. I have a feeling I have now left these sort of cars for good and I'm not sure yet if I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭v10

Hi all, has anyone heard from their dealer about a potential delivery date yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

My car is due to be finished production this week (confirmed with dealer last week that it had started). No delivery date yet but expecting it to leave the factory next week, hopefully for delivery the week after St. Patricks.

That would be great, still no movement on mine 🙄

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I saw a couple of i4’s for the first time last week on a trip to Germany and had a good look at them. One was a 40e dravit grey m sport pro charging on the street and the other a frozen portimao blue M50 on display at the airport. Except for the wing mirrors and slightly different alloys they are indistinguishable. The frozen portimao was a stunning colour.

I actually like the 4 series, so to my eye it’s a very nice looking car, and much better in the metal than pictures. Looking forward to a drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Joe Achilles take on the 40 version

Haven't watched it yet but I'd put money on it he says it's better than the M50 ..

What a car. Really want one.

They always say that dont they....its never true but it appeals to those that need confirmation, and doesn't bother those that dont.

Usually trust his reviews but his conclusions are a bit ropey at times.

Good review, he emphasises what I always say about RWD vs AWD for a keen driver. That back seat is very small though, I didn't realise it was that small. He says you can't even get two adults comfortably in the back. There's no way I could get 3 teenagers in there. That's me out, just when I really started to like this car 😪

Just remember that he’s a big man, 6’4. Someone that size is never going to be a comfortable fit in a mid size GC.

I'll have to have a go of it myself for sure. But the kids were already giving out in the back of the Model 3 P I had a while back as a loaner. And I'd be near certain that the i4 is a good bit smaller again in the back. 3 girls, none of them will quite reach 6', it's just the width of that bench that looks very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

@Fitz II did you consider an etron GT when you were buying? What was your thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I noticed 16 i4s were registered in February from the SIMI stats.

Well electric BMW 4 series as it's being listed on stats.beepbeep.ie, I presume some will be used as demos.

I saw that alright, haven’t heard anything of my local dealership getting a demo car. If they are customer cars they won’t be released to buyers until the week of March 14th (official launch).

I did, but I am not really an audi fan, for no particular reason. Seem a excellent car, but the interior is a bit conventional for me with buttons. I have seen a few on the road and they have serious presence. I suppose when it came down to it, the price was similar the the porsche has the resale and brand I was after and I have other aspirations in the brand and wanted a foot in the door. Also the Audi is far less configurable to customise to your taste.

Also as a "keen driver" I wanted the drivers choice and it was already touch and go that I would be deemed worthy after not getting the RWD Taycan 🤣

Must have been the safety of AWD for the family bus, eh? 😂

Bet you can't wait to get your hands on something RWD more sporty & fun to drive electric from Porsche - something for the weekend. I know I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,878 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i am an audi fan, and the etron gt looks great, but when the time comes ill go for the taycan as well, im not quite sure why youd take the audi instead really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Spoke to dealer and they said they should have delivery times in next few days…also expecting a demo car around 12th March.

I’d be surprised if there aren’t decent price increases later this year or next with the way inflation is going and the Ukraine situation. I believe Russia provide a lot of the raw materials in microchips, etc…

First world problems I know in comparison to what Ukrainians are going through.

I think all the German car manufactures have pulled out of Russia, maybe any i4s that were on order will be pulled and passed to other markets?

Production in some of the BMW plants in Germany is stopping next week because supply issues on wiring from the Ukraine. I believe it also impacts VW, Porsche & Skoda plants.

Post edited by UhOh on

• Advertisement

According to wiki the electric motor is assembled in Dingolfing, which the article above mentions will be on hiatus next week.

Advertisement