Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Fantastic player. Great teacher for the youngsters

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Had a feeling Fardy would call it quits alright. He was fantastic in his time here. He will be missed as a mentor for the younger lads who I have no doubt learned a lot from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Knew that was coming but still a kick in the testes

Sheehan? JOB? I'd hate to see any of our lads leave. I would guess that one or two may go! The turnips would love to grab Sheehan and stick it to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,617 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Sheehan? JOB? I'd hate to see any of our lads leave. I would guess that one or two may go! The turnips would love to grab Sheehan and stick it to us.

Sheehan got a contract last year.

• Advertisement

Sorry to see him step down, but massively appreciative of what he brought to Leinster and the commitment he's shown and hopefully he gets more silverware to take with him.

Not sure there is a need within the Leinster coaching staff but he strikes me as someone that would transition seamlessly into the role. Hope the IRFU consider retaining him in some capacity.

Also, new thread title: Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: So long Scott, we fardly knew ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Right up there with the very best of our imports. Hopefully a few fans will get to the stadium for a send off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Teferi wrote: »
    Right up there with the very best of our imports. Hopefully a few fans will get to the stadium for a send off.

Very much so....

He'll be gone by the time that pilot game in RDS happens (if it does) no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Very much so....

He'll be gone by the time that pilot game in RDS happens (if it does) no ?

If the test game is the Rainbow Cup, he'll still be under contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What a player he's been for Leinster. There have been games over the years where he has (probably quite literally) dragged Leinster over the line, be it when the internationals were away or in the biggest Euro games. All the best to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I wasn't overly enthused by the Fardy signing but I was utterly wrong. Fantastic addition to the squad and definitely one of our best imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

The euro semi v scarlets was a high point for me for him. The amount of times he was just an awkward spot from a scarlets perspective was far more than an accident. He managed to look innocent half the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭swiwi_

After all the pseudo outrage at the time (from non Leinster fans), how many games did Fardy play in the back row rather than lock?

swiwi_ wrote: »
    After all the pseudo outrage at the time (from non Leinster fans), how many games did Fardy play in the back row rather than lock?

7 starts at blindside vs 53 starts at lock, 4 of em in his first season, 2 in his second, none the next year and then one this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Stats taken from the Leinster website, gathered manually so I may have made an error here and there given I only spent a few minutes on it:

Going from the Leinster rugby site:

20/21: 15 apps, 11 starts, 4 subs. Ten starts at 2nd row, one start at 6, all subs at 20.
    19/20: 17 apps, 14 starts, 3 subs. All starts at 2nd row, subs at 19.
    18/19: 22 apps, 17 starts, 5 subs. Fifteen starts at 2nd row, two starts at 6, four subs at 19, one sub at 20.
    17/18: 22 apps, 19 starts, 3 subs. Fifteen starts at 2nd row, four starts at 6, two subs at 19, one sub at 20.

In 17/18, 18/19 all but one of his starts at 6 were in the latter stages of the season's competitions (qf,sf,etc).

So, 7/61 starts at backrow, ~11.5%.

I see Squidgy has beaten me to it. You're going on the list, Squidgy.

I'd like to apologise Dave, but I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'd like to apologise Dave, but I won't.

I'll take solace in that I think you're missing a start somewhere. I'm counting 61.

Admittedly, I had to take off my socks and shoes to do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

I am trying to remember the issue, was it that he was signed by Leinster as a lock but he had played in WC as a back row?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,238 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sebdavis wrote: »
    I am trying to remember the issue, was it that he was signed by Leinster as a lock but he had played in WC as a back row?

He played pretty much all his test career in the back row at 6

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I believe the IRFU actually had words with Leinster after they played him in the back row (or tried to play him there) in one of the games early in his Leinster career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

A few of those games were in the middle of a fairly serious injury crisis at the business end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

awec wrote: »
    I believe the IRFU actually had words with Leinster after they played him in the back row (or tried to play him there) in one of the games early in his Leinster career.

we-talked-about-this-get-yourself-together.jpg

If you have nothing to do this weekend, you can watch your new prop start for the Crusaders with your compatriot as TH replacement on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

If you have nothing to do this weekend, you can watch your new prop start for the Crusaders with your compatriot as TH replacement on the bench.

Can you even watch those games anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

On RugbyPass.

I’m not blind just yet, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Anyone left for another day of drip feeding contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,872 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Clegg wrote: »

Delighted with that, he's an exciting player.

• Advertisement

JOB! Good bit of business!
    Now lock down Tadg!

Advertisement