Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Kearney signed a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

The Tweets for Dave, Tracy and Clarkson have all been sent via Tweetdeck on the half hour or the hour.

So keep an eye on Twitter at those times lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The Tweets for Dave, Tracy and Clarkson have all been sent via Tweetdeck on the half hour or the hour.

What is this? Switzerland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Delighted to see Treacy sign! Very valuable player imo. I am also chuffed to see Clarkson promoted, although he still has a lot to learn! The signing of the NIQ is very interesting. Could he be used at lh? Would Porter switch back to lh?
    I wonder if Hawkshaw will be promoted? He's a year 3. If not would another province take a gamble on him? What about Sylvester? Will he get another year in the academy or be let go. He has been injured for the last few months and hasn't had any opportunities to impress.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Delighted to see Treacy sign! Very valuable player imo. I am also chuffed to see Clarkson promoted, although he still has a lot to learn! The signing of the NIQ is very interesting. Could he be used at lh? Would Porter switch back to lh?
    I wonder if Hawkshaw will be promoted? He's a year 3. If not would another province take a gamble on him? What about Sylvester? Will he get another year in the academy or be let go. He has been injured for the last few months and hasn't had any opportunities to impress.

I think Hawkshaw has shown enough to be given a 1 year dev deal at least.

Given Silvester missed essentially this entire season with injury he might be given the rarely seen 4th year in the Academy. But given MOR is there it's not looking likely.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I wonder have they just got a load of the tweets scheduled in tweetdeck or something, bit mad if they just announced every deal one by one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Delighted to retain Molony. Vastly under rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Same again for Molony, both the announcement and the follow up tweet 30 minutes later for each one with pictures in action.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I wonder have they just got a load of the tweets scheduled in tweetdeck or something, bit mad if they just announced every deal one by one

Outside of match day most social media activity is scheduled, the website articles are written in advance and scheduled to go live too - is normal enough for any business etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Outside of match day most social media activity is scheduled, the website articles are written in advance and scheduled to go live too - is normal enough for any business etc.

Yeah I meant more the fact they're doing them one by one as opposed to usually just posting one big update and saying 20 odd players have signed contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I hear they are waiting till the end of the season before announcing the Furlong side of Alaalatoa trade.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yeah I meant more the fact they're doing them one by one as opposed to usually just posting one big update and saying 20 odd players have signed contracts

Helps the social media streams tick over given there's not the normal level of content to cover...a summary piece will be linked in the ezine on Friday lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I hear they are waiting till the end of the season before announcing the Furlong side of Alaalatoa trade.

Good. Big ginger farmer head on him, he has never belonged here.

Same again for Molony, both the announcement and the follow up tweet 30 minutes later for each one with pictures in action.

Yeah Tweetdeck is a handy scheduler for this stuff. I'd wager they have all the contract announcements created ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

After the gaff he bought in ballsbridge he was going nowhere!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

10 days in carton house on the tab of the IRFU..... nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

sydthebeat wrote: »
    10 days in carton house on the tab of the IRFU..... nice ;)

MHQ system stopped due to no capacity.

City is full of hotels FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Good. Big ginger farmer head on him, he has never belonged here.

I heard part of the deal involves him doing a farming degree at Lincoln University.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Is it known how long alaalatoas contact is, have a feeling he'll only do a season here as a stopgap until at least one of the younger props are up to speed then he'll be off to the Moana pasifika team to finish his career. Could end up being a decent but of business for both party's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Henshaw, Furlong, Keenan and VDF have been nominated for European Player of the Year.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1382257997846614017?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Furlong has played 55 mins in the competition

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Furlong has played 55 mins in the competition

its a 15 man list to be whittled down to 5 after the semis... so no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

its a 15 man list to be whittled down to 5 after the semis... so no big deal.

And by the time of the final, its down to a player off one of those teams (or a team from the Challenge Cup Final) so a player could rack up 50 tries up to that point but if eliminated, he won't be in the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I don't think many people would have predicted Keenan being so key to both Leinster and Ireland at the beginning of this season, culminating in a nomination for European Player of the Year. Some 8+ months for him.

Serbian wrote: »
    I don't think many people would have predicted Keenan being so key to both Leinster and Ireland at the beginning of this season, culminating in a nomination for European Player of the Year. Some 8+ months for him.

.. and on a lot of pundits lists for the lions as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

.. and on a lot of pundits lists for the lions as well.....

As he should be, outperformed Hogg at the weekend and Hogg was presumably the incumbent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Zebo returning to Munster is an interesting one. He's not as good a player as he was at his peak but can still do a decent job. But it's not addressing the real problem areas for Munster which is the pack. Specifically the front row.

Advertisement