Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Confirm is all in French...anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Is anybody getting in at the moment or just errors for everyone?

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Confirm is all in French...anyone else?

It sometimes showed French for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Can't even make it into the queue anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

it amazes me that in this day and age that tickets selling sites cant cope with demand.

AWS, Google, Azure platforms all have auto scaling where the resources can scale up with demand and any decent developer shoud be able to write multi threaded code.

Its a poor show really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

5Q0y97L.png

I like the way they chose a graphic of a shot at goal, which is going to miss, to represent the false hope they are giving us that we have a shot at getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

! Entered the site to be told the Service was unavailable and it sent me right back to the queue! 67% What am I meant to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hoboo wrote: »
    Got in, picked the pack, asked me to log in? Didn't recognise my password, try again in an hour. Changed IP and back in the queue, immediately at 60%.

No idea.

I got the same error.

I got a reply regarding Pack tickets .
    Thank you for your interest in the Rugby World Cup France 2023.

Tickets will be personal. As soon as the tickets are made available in your personal space, you will be able to enter the name and surname of the beneficiaries for each match. There is therefore one ticket per match and not per pack. They can therefore be different for each of them.
    The change of beneficiary can be made at any time before downloading the e-tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Nermal

They're admitting on Twitter it's down.

No doubt after the servers have got a kick, places in the queue will be lost.

I'm hitting back and trying to log in again until I hear different...

mitresize5 wrote: »
    it amazes me that in this day and age that tickets selling sites cant cope with demand.

AWS, Google, Azure platforms all have auto scaling where the resources can scale up with demand and any decent developer shoud be able to write multi threaded code.

Its a poor show really

I know it's very frustrating….none of us have a problem with queuing and not getting a ticket....but this getting to the top of a queue and getting kicked out is hard to take!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm actually impressed how awful this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onefinemorning

88% for me and then straight in - got sorted - but needed to refresh the site a few times and take a few deep breaths.

Also when you finally get to payment the site fell over - didn't actually know if i was successful until I got a confirmation email.

So keep at it - it works eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was getting the progress bar ticking up, but once my turn arrived I got a 403 error :( It's the hope that gets you!

🤪

88% for me and then straight in - got sorted - but needed to refresh the site a few times and take a few deep breaths.

Also when you finally get to payment the site fell over - didn't actually know if i was successful until I got a confirmation email.

So keep at it - it works eventually.

I think I'm losing hope...I have gotten to this point 5 times now and then kicked out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Constantly going backwards in the Q... incredibly frustrating. Was up to 84% at one stage and now back down to 68%..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BillH93

I just got to the point of selecting my pack and the site went down!:( This is such a headwreck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Think I will have to give up on this. Tried all the options listed on this thread, on several devices, since 10.55am and no joy. Got to the end of the queue a few times, only to get the error message.

I have registered an email address to hold my place in the queue since 11.05am - I presume thats a dead-end link that they added for a laugh?

I am currently queueing on two devices and progressing slowly backwards - from 75% to 58%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Got to the bit where it said I could enter and it didn't do anything for the 2 minutes!

Back in the queue at 64% now falling back to 57%.

But did we expect a smooth website... Not really....

In the meantime bought tickets for the Frames for the rescheduled gig in 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

awec wrote: »
    Ignore the percentage.

I went like 30% -> 24%, then crawled to like 30% again, stuck there forever, then quickly went to 50%, then crawled to 60% and then suddenly I was in.

Exactly the same for me.

Bought tier 3 tickets with the 48 hour change of mind (cos I'm waiting on my back to transfer funds to my revolut) - but was then able to just log straight in 15 minutes later and buy cat 2 the same way (we're going to let the cat 3 go back in the pool).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Obviously they were surprised by the demand.

England 2015 seems like such a long time ago. You'd think it would have gotten better 2 world cups later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

Lucky dip at this stage, I've had to restart! Hate to think what it will be like when general sale happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

In but won’t let me login

Server is in melee

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Keep trying. Don't lose faith!

Yeah this isn't great at all but the Japan 2019 ticketing site was an absolute shambles compared to this. You could be queuing for 8-10 hours only to be told no tickets left, people holding them in their basket, there were constant payment failure issues due to weird Japanese systems and they had to manually deal with lots and lots of issues by email. I was told at one point that I had my tickets and then they disappeared from my account. After all the queuing and the stress. It was HORRIFIC.

Once you get on to this site and it's stable, it's easy to use. Best of luck. You WILL get sorted anyway in further releases. I got so wound up last time, there was no point. We ended up getting to every match we wanted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

After getting to the top of the queue and being kicked back my queue counter is going backwards. 67 to 55 now. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

yeah going backward now. Down to 34%

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BillH93

Is anybody getting an error when placing in cart message?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I got to select the Ireland pack a couple of times but when asked to log in the whole thing crashed on me. Back in the queue, was somewhere around 59% and back to 35% now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Keep trying. Don't lose faith!

Yeah this isn't great at all but the Japan 2019 ticketing site was an absolute shambles compared to this. You could be queuing for 8-10 hours only to be told no tickets left, people holding them in their basket, there were constant payment failure issues due to weird Japanese systems and they had to manually deal with lots and lots of issues by email. I was told at one point that I had my tickets and then they disappeared from my account. After all the queuing and the stress. It was HORRIFIC.

Once you get on to this site and it's stable, it's easy to use. Best of luck. You WILL get sorted anyway in further releases. I got so wound up last time, there was no point. We ended up getting to every match we wanted anyway.

Thanks for this, was about to give up, tried to login 50 times and it finally worked. Cat2 quarter final here I come!

Advertisement