Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Anyone looking at buying in the pre-sale? The Irish games pack is a lot less than I expected.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news/621306/rugby-world-cup-france-2023-tickets-go-on-sale

175 for the category 4 package or 310 for the category, could be a lot worse

I'm in for the pre sale the 175 in the team pack includes a QF too Which is fantastic value to he fair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

I guess pricing has a lot to do with the pool games. Argentina is more expensive - presumably because they have England and Japan in their pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭agoodusername

I'm in for the pre sale the 175 in the team pack includes a QF too Which is fantastic value to he fair to them.
    The category 4 areas look incredibly small so I imagine I'll have to settle for the more expensive sections, which still aren't shockingly priceed

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joycer31

i signed up to the site, can you sign up for specific games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

joycer31 wrote: »

Only packs are available from the 15th of March 2021, the individual tickets/games go on sale in September 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

joycer31 wrote: »

No. On the other hand for s.pacific games Fiji, Tonga and Samoa are always good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Where did you see about the 1/4 included? I keep seeing 'ability to add quarter final if team makes it' - can you buy a pack with the 1/4 final included from 15th March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

eposhea wrote: »
    Where did you see about the 1/4 included? I keep seeing 'ability to add quarter final if team makes it' - can you buy a pack with the 1/4 final included from 15th March?

That's how I read it. Group games and option to buy QF.

Just a heads up in case anyone gets caught out next Monday, only Mastercard is being accepted for the pre-sale on the 15th March apparently.

"Only Mastercard, Visa and CB cards are accepted on our website. Please note that from 15 to 17 March 2021, only Mastercard cards will be accepted."
    (Source: https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

Weird that the Ireland option doesn't give you the option to purchase the semi or final...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

hahashake wrote: »
    Weird that the Ireland option doesn't give you the option to purchase the semi or final...

1l3v8e.jpg

Going to try and get Irish pack but only interested in the 2 matches in Paris, if I get them I’ll make 2 weekend trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

No ballot? Just every man for himself on the fifteenth? Assume the site is just going to fail straight away, right?

Just a heads up in case anyone gets caught out next Monday, only Mastercard is being accepted for the pre-sale on the 15th March apparently.

"Only Mastercard, Visa and CB cards are accepted on our website. Please note that from 15 to 17 March 2021, only Mastercard cards will be accepted."

Well that's crap and me out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Nermal wrote: »
    No ballot? Just every man for himself on the fifteenth? Assume the site is just going to fail straight away, right?

I am already getting PTSD from the 8 hour queues during the last RWC general sales...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Everytime I click "Activate your account" it just brings me to my user details.

I have no confirmation of anything actually working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well that's crap and me out!!

surely you could sort yourself with a prepaid mastercard before then?

quick google gives me https://www.swirlcard.com/

haven't used them but there's definitely a reputable prepaid mastercard operator out there

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Random Bloke

troyzer wrote: »

Same. I’m hoping that everything is good to go, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

I also registered my card details a few days ago (I have a MasterCard) but now I cannot access the “my payment methods” section as it is greyed out.

Not the easiest website to use, but hopefully it works on the 15th. Fingers crossed.

lawred2 wrote: »
    surely you could sort yourself with a prepaid mastercard before then?

quick google gives me https://www.swirlcard.com/

haven't used them but there's definitely a reputable prepaid mastercard operator out there

Cheers...have started to look into it, hopefully I'm sorted come Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,827 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is there a way to see price of pool bundles including qf? Its probably obvious but had quick look and couldnt see it

• Advertisement

You can pick up prepaid MasterCard/currency card in the post office, same day, just bring passport/driving licence and a utility bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

Website is seriously confusing. Keeps telling me to activate my account even though I am already logged in?

Have you been able to pre register already? Where did you see about the qf being included? Couldn't spot that on the site.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Have you been able to pre register already? Where did you see about the qf being included? Couldn't spot that on the site.

Its says it's going to be an option in the team pack in the faq section under - What kind of tickets are available for purchase? It's going to be an add on option by the sound of things

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq

troyzer wrote: »

Same. I’m hoping that everything is good to go, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

You should get a confirmation email shortly after confirming.

Its says it's going to be an option in the team pack in the faq section under - What kind of tickets are available for purchase? It's going to be an add on option by the sound of things

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq

Thanks, spotted that, looks like the standard bundle prices they're giving are just the pool games and if you wanted the qf on top of it, it would be extra alright.

Also the total price per bundle works out at 4 matches per the average price they're giving so guess it must not be included so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Ive registered, but it wont let me put in my payment details ?

Also the total price per bundle works out at 4 matches per the average price they're giving so guess it must not be included so.

Yep anyones guess at the moment how much extra the qf ticket option may be!

Shelflife wrote: »
    Ive registered, but it wont let me put in my payment details ?

Same - I registered a few days ago and "My payment methods" has been greyed out since!

• Advertisement

Yep anyones guess at the moment how much extra the qf ticket option may be!

Seems bit odd when they presumably know already if tickets are on sale from Monday, guess its wait and see so

Seems bit odd when they presumably know already if tickets are on sale from Monday, guess its wait and see so

Actually just came across this for anyone who might like to know in advance how much debt you'll be getting yourself into on Monday if you are lucky enough to get the chance to buy some tickets.....

Cat 4 with qf ticket will be €255 and Cat 3 €455.....anyone that can afford more than that here's the link for the prices

https://www.theoffsideline.com/2023-rugby-world-cup-ticketing-prices-announced/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

Actually just came across this for anyone who might like to know in advance how much debt you'll be getting yourself into on Monday if you are lucky enough to get the chance to buy some tickets.....

Cat 4 with qf ticket will be €255 and Cat 3 €455.....anyone that can afford more than that here's the link for the prices

https://www.theoffsideline.com/2023-rugby-world-cup-ticketing-prices-announced/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

Ah nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Those prices suddenly got a little spicy alright!

Not sure why you're all bothering. Sure we won't even be halfway through the first decade of the pandemic by the time this comes around

Dav010 wrote: »
    You can pick up prepaid MasterCard/currency card in the post office, same day, just bring passport/driving licence and a utility bill.

Nice tip! Picked one up this morning- pretty handy

• Advertisement

Anyone know if you can buy multiple packs?

Four of us hoping to go so obviously would like to sit together, how does that work? Can I buy four packs on one account? Or even two and someone else buy two?

Can't find anything online.

Hoboo wrote: »

Four of us hoping to go so obviously would like to sit together, how does that work? Can I buy four packs on one account? Or even two and someone else buy two?

Under the faqs:

"How many tickets can I order?

You can book up to 6 packs (including several matches) per order.

If you wish to purchase more tickets as an individual, we invite you to place multiple orders. Nevertheless, we remind you that contiguity of seats will not be guaranteed between different orders.

If you are a company, a club, a works council or an association, a dedicated page to purchase tickets will soon be put online.
    "

Hoboo wrote: »

Seating at a world cup is an absolute lucky dip

Speaking of seats, this is rough description.

In each venue, 4 categories of seats are available. Generally at RWC 2023 venues the seating configuration is as described below. However it may differ between venues so please refer to the individual venue seating maps:

Category 1: Along the side of the pitch between the try lines
    Category 2: A corner of the stadium
    Category 3: Behind the posts in the mid-tier
    Category 4: Behind the posts either in the lower or upper tier

rwc seating.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I assume Cat 4 tickets will be like golddust.

I hope you can sell tickets on an exchange like previous tournaments. I might buy the Ireland pack but there's no chance I'll go to all four pool games.

• Advertisement

I assume Cat 4 tickets will be like golddust.

I hope you can sell tickets on an exchange like previous tournaments. I might buy the Ireland pack but there's no chance I'll go to all four pool games.

Would say so alright, will be small allocation to begin with and with France being so easy to get to and the pent up demand with not being able to go to games say they will be snapped up quickly alright.

Hopefully there is a reselling platform. Doesn't seem to be anything official about one yet but could be shifting the tickets before announcing that I guess.

Looking at the city packs; anyone know how much choice we will have if we go for the 3 match option ?

Site allows update of (master)card details.

Just on the an Post FX Mastercards.

I believe that the total amount you can spend in a 24hr period is €2k just in case you had to get multiple packages that cost over that amount.

Is this a ballot or first come, first served?

Just realised my virtual and disposable cards on Revolut are MasterCard. Physical card is Visa. So if you've Revolut, sorted.

Got an email today:

RWC 2023 exclusive presale - Your invite

Then theres a note saying its your last change to register. I click on the link and it brings me to the home page with the 'activate your account' message.
    My initials are in the top right corner now so I believe this is me activated, does that also count as registering?

Whoever signed of on this site needs a kick up the arse, clear as mud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

PMC83 wrote: »
    Got an email today:

Then theres a note saying its your last change to register. I click on the link and it brings me to the home page with the 'activate your account' message.
    My initials are in the top right corner now so I believe this is me activated, does that also count as registering?

Everyone I've spoken to has the same issue. It's bizarre.

PMC83 wrote: »
    Got an email today:

Bit confusing alright but you should have got an email from France 2023 confirming activating shortly after. Think the one today might have been a generic reminder one for people who haven't yet registered.

But yeah but between that and basic spelling errors on the site they really should have tested it more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Seems like team packs are back, like the last time it was in France (don't think it has been repeated for a while?)

Think I've activated my account although no activation email received?

• Advertisement
Advertisement