Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rhea and Dom going for the Eddie and Chyna look, they don't have the charisma

Tonight

Bayley vs. Asuka vs. Rhea

Becky vs. Nikki vs. Alexa

Winners of each matches face each other next week for a future RAW Women’s Title match against champion Bianca Belair

I think Rhea and Becky to advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭ThePott

Decent enough Raw, nothing amazing but good.

Already seeing people saying the lack of respect for Pearce is to make way for Regal. Bliss was an odd winner because I assume Bayley won't win next week, so is she going to be the contender? Figured they would give her something with Wyatt. Regardless the women's division on Raw is stacked!

Was nice to actually see Solo do something too. Seems like we might be getting a full on The Way reunion. Thought some of the matches were good too, Ali vs Theory was good ending aside. Ali is definitely being built up again. Tozawa is getting something to do lately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Indi is doing the heel thing on NXT and Theory has his own thing going so don't think we'll get The Way. Maybe Indi will come up soon though.

Riddle being written out for some reason or will he make a return quickly?

The Rollins/Lashley bit seemed more about setting up another Lashley/Lesnar match than their match.

I guess they'll have Bliss win so they can give her some promo time before she turns again.

I never understand the fascination with Ziggler. Seems his role is always to make a return to set up a match, lose, then disappear again.

Thought Iyo hurt her shoulder doing the powerbomb.

Don't watch NXT too much nowadays but could see Indi being called up and turning face and them going without Theory tbh. I know the had some In-Dex reunion at a house show recently.

Definitely think Lashley/Lesnar is the match (Rumble?) as for what will happen next week, it's hard to call. I'd like them to just do something with Bliss and I wonder how they build this programme with Bianca while also doing soe sinister turn, seems very mismatched.

I agree about Ziggler, any time I do get invested in him he disappears and he definitely seems to come and go with a new jacket and telling talent he used to be them and they're taking his spot or some nonsense.

• Advertisement

Decent enough Raw, feel like they're slowing down a bit until they get to Wrestlemania though.

I though the Sister Abigail twist was great and glad to see Alexa get something to do but worried they'll put her straight back into the character that wasn't working before. Like the new/old direction for Asuka too. Also delighted to see Tozawa get some more time on tv.

I liked the Loomis/Miz segment, be shocked if they don't end up in a tag team called LooMiz but Gargano is starting to wear thin with this persona. Not sure about the Bobby being fired angle but I'll give it a chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob the most entertaining Bobby Lashley has been in a while, the 'fired' angle been recycled again, i do like how there making the US title a huge deal now.

The Miz/Dexter Lumas stuff is so bad its good but is pretty entertaining

The Rhea and Dom thing is getting a little uneasy, 'help me Mami'

Dexter's a brave man, deciding what to do with the money without consulting the missus. Indi's name wasn't even on the board.

At least they remembered the whole Owens/Elias story.

The flash of the moth (or is it a firefly) image just before Alexa went for the Sister Abigail was timed really well.

I do not mind dark heel Alexa but prefer her not with Bray

At this point, need to go back through the Releases thread and score out all the returns.

Another image flash before the Alexa attack.

• Advertisement

Didn't get chance to see Raw yet but saw the return of Bronson Reed (has potential but long term only so much they can do for guys of his wrestling style)

I see the Hurt Business are back too, are they face or heels ?

Not really back last night anyway. Just MVP trying to talk to Adam Pearce about Lashley's suspension.

The page reporting it had a picture of them all up together (didn't have time to read it) Anyway just me putting 2&2 together

One of those things that ended too early, they weren't the worst stable

Probably an old photo for clickbait purposes.

So with Rollins and Owens beating the Usos, does that mean they get a title shot now?

Thought Raw rebounded a bit this week. Even though some of the returns are getting exhausting and haven't all been well-utilised, I think Bronson Reed has a lot of potential. The Bloodline stuff and the Sami/AJ match was great and I have to say I loved the Tozawa/Rhea match even though it was just a bit of fun. Bayley and Becky had a banger too.

Interested to see where Alexa/Bianca goes just hoping we don't go back to where we were with Bliss, did like the subtle touch of Lily watching from behind the chair when Alexa attacked Bianca.

Wonder why Andre Chase was backstage, apart from being there to get beaten up.

Cody pretty much confirming his return at Royal Rumble?

Belair defends the Raw women’s championship as the hometown hero against Alexa Bliss. Bray Wyatt still has some kind of spell over Bliss, and it’s introduced a degree of unpredictability and danger to her behavior over the last few weeks. That being said, Alexa is still the clear underdog in this title fight because Bianca is just that damn good.

Tonight’s episode also includes Theory vs. Seth Rollins for the United States championship. Rollins is the former titleholder and wants his belt back. Will Bobby Lashley make an appearance here and influence the finish of the match? It’s not exactly clear what Bob’s status is after being fired and then unfired by Adam Pearce last month.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2023/1/2/23535377/wwe-raw-preview-jan-2-2023-belair-alexa-bliss-womens-title-austin-theory-seth-rollins-united-states

Thought that was one of the better Raws recently.

Bianca/Bliss was a bit messy, although I did like how it developed the Alexa corruption, interested to see where it goes still but worried where it ends up too. The Solo/Elias match was a lot of fun, not sure why they got that random coutnry music guy involved but anyway. The Bloodline were looking pretty badass but the way Pierce handled them was cool and nice to see the authority figure not be a total moron constantly. The Bloodline match itself was fine. Damage Control match was just odd, not sure why they did the whole handicap thing. Main event was excellent, Theory has really done a turn around in the last few weeks. It was a Raw where it felt like a few people were definitely still on holidays, no Lashley, No Judgement Day, No Miz but was still a good show.

Few minor things I loved; MVP was in the background chatting to Shelton and Cedric, Hurt Business look to be on the way back and can't wait. So Cody in the Rumble I guess, wish it wasn't so telegraphed. Wonder what they'll do with Bronson Reed, he'd be a good contender for the US title. Dom with the 'prison' has changed me promo was absolutely gas! The teardrop and the toothpick, the dweeby heel who think's he's a badass really suits him, can't believe the 180 I've done on him since the Judgement Day.

Very heel heavy Raw. Was Dexter the only face to win?

So I guess Mia Yim is officially Michin now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought it would be impossible to make Dominik entertaining but his "hardened criminal" stuff was quite funny.

Not looking good for Rollins and feel for him as he's been great the past year. Such a shame he could be gone again for a while. I'd say the locker room/creative are not pretty down about it too. Wishing him a speedy recovery

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Who'd have thought a year ago that Dom Mysterio would be such an incredible character, lol

“Now I truly know how Martha Stewart feels” is a perfect line.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I think it's moved beyond so bad it's good to being ironically good, to now being genuinely good :D

Dom's definitely improving, and he's even making Judgement Day more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fair play to Dom for embracing it so fully. Definitely one of the best things in WWE these days.

His heel turn with joining JD has been entertaining

I think Rhea winning the women's RR is best, they are really building her up

Is Johnny and Finn legit both injured?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Judgement Day and Usos, presumably at the Rumble is quite tasty too and I didn't think I'd be saying that a few months back when Judgement Day looked finished before they even got going.

Some interesting dynamics in that Tag Turmoil match with Otis and Gable getting face reactions then a huge cheer for Dom replacing Finn.

Men's tag division on Raw has decent depth if only they could relinquish the death grip the Usos have on the belts now, they don't even need them.

Dom came out of prison a changed man. The things he must've seen...

I always think how awkward things like that Alexa/Howdy bit must be live. For us it cuts to the commercial break then they're gone but live, do they just walk of?

• Advertisement

Prison Dom is one of the best things going right now.

The tag turmoil main event was a nice surprise, Priest looked great for being in there so long and wouldn't surprise me if they split the tag titles.

Advertisement