Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein cancels bomber commemoration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tipptom wrote: »
    all the other Catholics who were murdered and maimed and intimidated

By the ra,

Sure let's Blame the Brits why not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

blanch152 wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here defending the killing of Aidan McAnespie (at least get his name right if you are bringing him up) night and day? No.

Same can't be said about those killed by the PIRA with the support of SF.

Whos bringing up his name night and day??

Have a bit of ****"ing respect,its the anniversary of his murder and nobody is bring ing up his name night and day
    Sorry it fuc"king annoys you that it was brought up on his anniversary and a good example of what Catholics had to put up with in NI

Then again i didnt expect anything better from you and you are allowed free rein to flame and troll on here by the mods to say what you like and get a reaction all the time

they are occupying part of ireland......

So that excuses the murder , maiming , intimation ,rapes , punishment beating and drug dealing , extortion today in Catholic areas by the ra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

This is where he was sent on active service,at least someone was willing to fight back againest what was going on

The british cant even be arsed bringing soldier f to justice...god love your innocence,if you honestly think they hold anyone to account.....isnt aiden mcenspie killer still free to roam.the streets?

Except they were fighting for irish freedom,yous may disagree with their methods/motives,but straight up denying facts is a bad look

By this definition isnt the entiretly of the british army and ruc also terrorism,using violence to achieve political aims??

Expressing disquite at carryon surronding drumcree isnt a weird rant,i feel its a reasonable political position to hold?

Active service, fighting back, someone had to stand up...

They weren't soldiers, they weren't freedom fighters. They were cowards threatening to murder innocent men, women and children unless they got what they wanted. They were terrorists.

You seem to think that because the British army actions can also be described as terrorism that this excuses all other acts of terrorism. Which is rather concerning tbh. Murdering innocent people and holding their lives randsom isn't acceptable. Nor should the scum involved in it be remembered as heroes.

Scratchly wrote: »
    Active service, fighting back, someone had to stand up...

They weren't soldiers, they weren't freedom fighters. They were cowards threatening to murder innocent men, women and children unless they got what they wanted. They were terrorists.

They did someone had to stand up.....we all seen,what went on at drumcree?.....how did peaceful protests end there...were people tore off the streets by the hair,families burnt to death/out of their houses,to force through orange parades
    You seem to think that because the British army actions can also be described as terrorism that this excuses all other acts of terrorism. Which is rather concerning tbh. Murdering innocent people and holding their lives randsom isn't acceptable. Nor should the scum involved in it be remembered as heroes.

Exactly,should we outlaw rememberence sunday and micheal.martin resign for attending one of their commerations.....or is it only republicans,who arent allowed remember their dead?

• Advertisement

they are occupying part of ireland......is it true,they tried claim bloody sunday victims as gunmen and bombers and some still believe this?

This is kinda worrying. You've said that IRA terrorism targeting civilians with explosives is acceptable because Ireland was occupied and people were fighting back. And you still consider Ireland occupied.

So do you still think its an acceptable form of fighting back? Do you think people should join the cause now and start targeting civilian lives and that this would be acceptable?

Except in havnt said this?at no point have i said targeting civilans is acceptable....

But the Brits did this and that .

But the ra did too and still doing it to this day ,
    Can't blame the Brits for what they did and are still doing it .

Can it be explained ?

Except in havnt said this?at no point have i said targeting civilans is acceptable....why lie?

At no point,have i said targeting civilains is ok???try to remain factual and in realms of reality.

That being said,i do belive the refusal to hold a border poll,will end in violence,and if democratic means are blocked,what other alternative is there??

In response to planting bombs in public places in London you've said the following.

"fighting for Irish freedom is not a crime"
    "at least he was willing to fight back"
    "its hard to criticise him given what happened in Drumcree"

There's no lies. You've made multiple statements implying what he and the IRA were doing in London was understandable, acceptable and needed to be done.

You've said this because the North was occupied. You still consider it occupied.

So if it happened today you'd support it?

The brits and their war on terror (with the yanks)

Whatabout the yanks ,

No talking about the cowards wearing Balaclavas terrorising the communities they claim to be defending from the Brits ,and somehow it's the Brits who aren't there's fault

So in other words,nowhere did i say targeting civilains was ok??

Like i taught and hoped obvious stuff like this,didnt need saying :rolleyes:

I think a unity poll,likely to occur soon,makes it unnecessary??

So if what they did was unacceptable and you don't support it then why are you defending it and making statements like "fighting for Irish freedom is not a crime" and "someone had to fight back"?

And your answer to "would you support terrorism today" is "I think a unity poll will make it unnecessary" after stating that "if there's no border poll I think it will lead to violence, it there's no Democratic way there's no other option"?

Everything you've posted clearly shows you support what the IRA did because it was done in the name of Irish freedom. And worryingly you still consider the fight for freedom to be ongoing and that if there's no poll then terrorism will be necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tipptom wrote: »
    You wont find the British terrorist apologists on here getting to exercised about what happened to Aiden McAnespie and all the other Catholics who were murdered and maimed and intimidated

You wont hear them calling these murderers and terrorists scumbags,terrrorists or even just plain old racists or bigots

They (British forces) are murderers and scumbags. There is no defense of what they did. Someone trying to murder innocent civilians is also a murderer and a scumbag, and there is no defense for that either.

afganistan

Lol Afghanistan .

So Africa ,the yanks and Afghanistan.

Meanwhile your happy to ignore the ongoing documented intimidation , extortion , punishment beatings , forcing families to flee the country or face execution by the ra in the north .

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol Afghanistan .

So Africa ,the yanks and Afghanistan.

Meanwhile your happy to ignore the ongoing documented intimidation , extortion , punishment beatings , forcing families to flee the country or face execution by the ra in the north .

By all means,show to me,info showing this in last 20 years at behest of the pira??

Your pedelling this myth with several posts,maybe its time to pony up some proof

Except i.havnt siad it was unacceptable either???just i dont feel/think people who give warnings can be regarded as targeting civilains?

Would commomsense not tell yous,with rake of worldwide examples showing it,that where democracy is blocked,it decends into violence??....the ability to stop.it decending into violence lies with dail and westminister.....the time to hold the poll has come

Just to summarise.

You think planting bombs in public to threaten public lives as part of efforts to pressure the British government is not targeting civilians?

To cover your bases you're refusing to say that targeting civilians is unacceptable.

When asked if you would support terrorism now you say it will be unnecessary IF there's a poll. If not then there's no other way. Implying that if there is no poll terrorism will be necessary.

Have said that those who committed terrorist acts in England "had to stand up" and "didn't commit any crime"

So let's be honest here. You clearly support the terrorist activities of the IRA and consider them necessary and acceptable and will continue to support terrorism if it starts again which you consider necessary if there's no border poll.

It's nice to have it clarified so you can be added to the watch list. Considering you'll be at the front of the queue for active service to free Ireland from the Brits by carrying out necessary military operations such as blowing up pensioners on public buses.

By all means,

Israel you haven't brought up Israel yet .

And the war of 1861

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Given what went on at drumcree the summer before and the fact the north teetered on civil war in months preceding this

Kind of hard to critise someone,who choose to no longer stand by and watch what was going on.....i remember peoples blood pure and utter,boiling at what went on in drumcree and walking out of mass at priests condemning nationlists for standing up for emselves.......

1995 and peaceful protesters were still being beat off streets by security forces,who wouldnt face down orangemen,.....

The sight of paisley and trimble leading orange march,hand in hand after 3 children burnt to death to force it through....is one of the enduring images of the troubles in mid 90s,and drove another generation to paramilitaries,and who could blame them at the time
    you wouldnt think,the carryon at drumcree the previous summer and the north going to the brink of civil war.....would motivate,even the most peace loving person to no longer stand by,and do nothing??

I did ask before but you seem to have missed.

You keep referring to Drumcree, so what did you do after Drumcree?

Israel you haven't brought up Israel yet .

And the war of 1861

Agh yes....a tacit admission your blowing smoke

Agh yes....

Prove me wrong so ........

Get the feeling not for the first time you can't

And again,where have i said any of this is necessry,or that il be fromt of list to do so,....just i wouldnt critise anyone for doing what is necessary/standing up to be counted??......

I'm not being personal I'm simply stating what you've said. You've talked yourself into a circle supporting terrorism while trying to avoid getting caught supporting terrorism. If we take you're posts to their logical conclusion you would support renewed terrorist activity if there's no poll. And you would consider planting bombs in London as active service as part of fighting for freedom. I don't know if you'd enlist or not but you clearly support terrorism and think its necessary so perhaps you would.

The quoted text is an example. You claim you never said terrorism is necessary because you're clearly aware its wrong and you don't want to be seen saying otherwise then in the same breath say others are justified because terrorism is necessary to support the IRA because you clearly think its justifiable.

Mate....yous made the claim

So basically no ,you have no idea whats going on in Ni despite multiple and regular reports of intimidation , extortion , punishment beatings , punishment shootings , families forced to leave their homes under death threats ,

And it's not the Brits doing it .

• Advertisement

Except i never said terrorism is necessary,i said i dont support taegeting innocent civilans??

This is pointless. You're talking in circles saying stuff to support you're view that the IRA were justified then immediately claiming you never said anything.

You literally said it was justified above right after claiming you never said it.

You see IRA terrorism as people doing what was necessary. If there's a border poll you'd see renewed terrorism as unnecessary. Otherwise... Violence is the only way. In other words.... Necessary

BUT!!! Apparently you never said it was necessary...
    And again,where have i said any of this is necessry,or that il be fromt of list to do so,....just i wouldnt critise anyone for doing what is necessary/standing up to be counted??......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

One of these posts,your going to pony up proof,this was carried out by the pira in last 20 years

Or just keep repeating over and over,it still wont make it true like.....why are the british army still in ni,given the pira is nearly quarter of a centhry out of business and decommissiomed with 15 plus years.....looks,like there claim to be there to keep peace was,like everything else out of em,an utter lie

Didn't the British Army leave the North in 2007 when the operation was closed?

They have some troops in the North but they are not to do with the troubles
    https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/formations-divisions-brigades/regional-command/38-irish-brigade/

This is the same as army locations all over the UK

And again,i said i didnt support taegeting civilans nor that i believed it was necessry in light of a border poll....little point in throwing toys out of pram when your kies and misrepresentation dont work out for yous.

Also.said it was extremtly unlikely given,that a unity poll will be called??
    This would make it different to international examples,od where democracy was blocked and decended into violence

Wasnt this quote a reply to this rather child like (and claimed non-personal :pac: ) post,??

Seems to me,only person painting emselves into a corner and scramblinh desperate to get out via lies and misrepresentation here,is you...

Will you in the spirit of good debate now retract your accusation i wanted to blow up buses of pensioners and apoligose?....all things considered,ive been v.polite and respecrful of your opinion,which cannot be said of you as regards mine,

Child like post? Now who's getting personal?

You've said that what the IRA did was necessary. You've said that you wouldn't criticise them for what they did. You've said that someone had to step up and fight back. You've said that if there's no poll renewed terrorist activity will be necessary.

O'Brien blew himself up on a bus injuring other people. I'll admit I'm assuming there was a pensioner on the bus (there usually is though). So given you see that as necessary and you're in support of more necessary terrorist activity if there's no poll then I presume you're going to be one of the ones standing up this time? Doing what needs to be done? Carrying bombs onto busses?

I'll leave this nugget here again. Its a good representation of your entire argument and fitting for the thread. Blew up by your own handiwork!

So no intentiom of withdrawing or apoligising for this post (calling it childlike was polite)

What a thing of beauty :pac:
    But in interest of fairness,il apoligise for calling it childlike,while once again calling upon yous to withdraw it and apoligise

Yes??

You would assume wrong......is it true,the bomb went òff early and the bus wasnt intended target?

Ismt this a reply to where yous accused me of supporting targeting civilains??

This post wasnt it:

As quite clearly stated,it not necessary,nor have i claimed it as such (despite your insistance i did,with no evidence)......not quite the emptime of facts and logic you think it is??

You're supporting terrorism as necessary and want me to apologise for joking about you joining the IRA ?😂

I'm not sure why you're offended though. You've described the IRA on "active service" planting bombs in London as heroes doing what needed to be done. And you've said that more terrorist activity would be necessary if there's no poll. Why is it so insulting to wonder if you'd join the cause when you don't think there's anything wrong with it?

If it helps you sleep at night I withdraw it. I'm fairly sure you won't be joining any cause no matter how necessary you think it is.

Regardless of all that it's pointless talking to you. You contradict yourself every 2 minutes. You've latched onto this bus thing to try hide the fact you've talked yourself into a circle trying to pretend you're not supporting terrorism while trying to support terrorism. And your spelling and grammar are atrocious and make it harder to understand what is already nonesense.

There's not much else but a headache trying to decipher any more of your posts. Goodnight and stay safe.

One of these posts,your going to pony up proof,
    given the pira is nearly quarter of a centhry out of business and decommissiomed with 15 plus years.

It's all over the media the 20 year's even to this day ,and yet here you are denying it while ranting about the Brits ,

Let me guess the ra rag doesn't print real news ,like there supporters ,down the piss smelling holes of pubs telling how they fought the Brits hand to hand .and you were with your aramlites fighting the sas and where did you do this fighting ,you know up the North yeah but where up the North ,you know at the border , yeah but where at the border, up the North yeah ,
    Ahhh so you never left your mammies council house in North Dublin ,and I take it your grandda fought in the gpo along with 50,000 others granda's claimed to be in the gpo fighting the Brits ,

I'd imagine if a real war came they would be the first to leg it elsewhere like every other walt

• Registered Users Posts: 25,115 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I know the family, particularly the father, who I'd have had a pint with many a time. Big GAA man (loves jeering me about my allegiences), and obviously Shinner (to the extent that he canvassed for Mythen at the last GE) but have never got the impression he in any way condones terrorism.

Interestingly, his son was caught up in controversy last year when a fellow member of the Sinn Fein branch he is chairman of was stung giving a prominent local business man, among others, absolute vile abuse online under an assumed name. But the fella in question would be at the 'extreme, RA-head' of the spectrum among SF supporters.

I choose to believe their claims that they didn't know he was in the IRA, but I am opposed to their political beliefs. A family have the right to remember their son.

They do have a right to remember their son..we remember my sister in various ways but visiting her grave on her anniversary, birthday, Easter, Christmas, and multiple other times throughout the year ( every couple of weeks ) suffices.

I mean like,if its all over the news,you shouldnt have any issue showing pira

Yes and they never went away ,

Suppose when you have been reduced to cheerleading a the ra intimidation, drug dealing , extortion , punishment beatings , forced evictions under threat of death .

We went from the North , Africa and Afghanistan to try deflect away from anything that wasn't the Brits did this and the Brits did that.

Everything is fantasists believing they were somehow part of the troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yes and they never went away ,

Suppose when you have been reduced to cheerleading a the ra intimidation, drug dealing , extortion , punishment beatings , forced evictions under threat of death .

We went from the North , Africa and Afghanistan to try deflect away from anything that wasn't the Brits did this and the Brits did that.

Everything is fantasists believing they were somehow part of the troubles

Only "fantasists" believe the British Army were "somehow part of the troubles":confused:

I thought the IRA "has killed more civilians than the British army" was some pop of a brain fart, but this one even out does that one.

Jesus. Christ. Stop embarrassing yourself FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

McMurphy wrote: »
    Only "fantasists" believe the British Army were "somehow part of the troubles":confused:

I thought the IRA "has killed more civilians than the British army" was some pop of a brain fart, but this one even out does that one.

Jesus. Christ. Stop embarrassing yourself FFS.

The British Army were certainly part of the troubles, but were part of the solution. Problematic given the extreme difficulty of the role given them, but there to try to solve the problem caused by republican terrorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The British Army were certainly part of the troubles, but were part of the solution.

Something or someone that was part of a problem, was also part of the solution?

No shît Sherlock.

Advertisement