Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein cancels bomber commemoration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,965 ✭✭✭✭walshb

24 percent vote or whatever..

Employment status or postal address or whatever!

Simple: I find it very difficult to take that any half educated person with common sense could deduce any real advantages and benefits to SF calling the shots.

They have no clue about what makes a society work and flourish!

They simply pander to whatever the populist buzz seems to be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

walshb wrote: »

Simple: I find it very difficult to take that any half educated person with common sense could deduce any real advantages and benefits to SF calling the shots.

Look at the insurance bill, if it was passed in its current state millions of people would have lost out on money. This is something huff&puff say they are working on since 2009 and when they finally bring it to a bill it is a disaster.

Why would anyone vote for a political party that wants to take your hard earned money and hand it away. Nobody in their right mind would ever vote for that.
    What about all the thousands working in MNC who risk losing their jobs because the leader of SF doesn't even realise the apple money is not Irelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Nobody asked what party was the largest demographic. I am talking about voter numbers which shows SF 24% everyone else 76%. Not sure why you are so confused?

Plus nobody said only "dole heads" vote for SF you made that assumption up all on your own.

You were talking pony, still are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

When you look at generational debt and the year on year record breaking crises from FF/FG, I ask myself similar. Are we flourishing, (pre-Covid) do you think?
    SF for me are a viable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Gatling wrote: »
    Yeah and I stand by it ,

But it will be forgotten about in a few days if not the next 48 hours like all the others,
    Imagine this is what a feared terrorist organisation has come to nothing but social media and boards posts

Whats your proof that the family is lying?

What have you to make you stand by it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tipptom wrote: »
    Yea,but you just took the time out of not giving a flying feck to accuse the family of telling lies about not knowing he was in the IRA on the anniversary of his death.

That's not even what he wrote.

This is the lie.
    the family could have just gone quietly to his grave ,but no lets have Ra commemoration for their child who apparently wasn't in the Ra ,yeah not buying that one for one minute,

I don't think the family denied he was a member, but that doesn't take away from the fact they didn't know at the time. I mean - it's not something you wrote to them in a letter, "Dear ma and da, how are you, I'm in the Ra"....

Saying he wasn't a member isn't the same as them not knowing at the time.

It would be like Gatling's family saying he doesn't post brainfarts on boards, not necessarily a lie unless they know fine well he actually does and what his username is.

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's not even what he wrote.

This is the lie.

I don't think the family denied he was a member, but that doesn't take away from the fact they didn't know at the time. I mean - it's not something you wrote to them in a letter, "Dear ma and da, how are you, I'm in the Ra"....

Saying he wasn't a member isn't the same as them not knowing at the time.

It would be like Gatling's family saying he doesn't post brainfarts on boards, not necessarily a lie unless they know fine well he actually does and what his username is.

Oh,I am well aware he is trying to attack an innocent family who had nothing to do with what their son done and call them liars and will not even attempt to back it up just for some sort of kicks

Oh,I am well aware he is trying to attack an innocent family who had nothing to do with what their son done and call them liars and will not even attempt to back it up just for some sort of kicks

I asked him to clarify, but surprise surprise. Blowing in the wind.

When you look at generational debt and the year on year record breaking crises from FF/FG, I ask myself similar. Are we flourishing, (pre-Covid) do you think?
    SF for me are a viable option.

Flourishing I guess is subjective

But by jaysus, whatever kind of flourish and prosperity we have now, it wouldn’t be too long being completely eroded if SF had their way

Be no jobs, progression, or real business acumen and engagement...

A bleak depression is what I reckon

Them constantly pandering to the “downtrodden” in society..

Flourishing I guess is subjective

But by jaysus, whatever kind of flourish and prosperity we have now, it wouldn’t be too long being completely eroded if SF had their way

Be no jobs, progression, or real business acumen and engagement...

A bleak depression is what I reckon

Them constantly pandering to the “downtrodden” in society..

I would hope any non-FF/FG party would. You are essentially shrugging off generational debt and a myriad record breaking crises to say, SF would be worse. FF/FG just aren't good at the whole government thing. They talk the ****e alright but are very poor at it.

Would be preferably to constantly pandering to wealthy business.
    Time the working tax payer was put first IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Another PR disaster

I would hope any non-FF/FG party would. you are essentially shrugging off generational debt and a myriad crises to say, SF would be worse.

Would be preferably to constantly pandering to wealthy business.
    Time the working tax payer was put first IMO.

If SF got in there wouldn’t be any wealthy business, and in turn, noting to trickle down and create jobs and industry and an economy..

There would not be any money to help anyone..

The working taxpayer? Who exactly are these? Are they not ALL of us who pay tax?

Doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers, entrepreneurs, dentists, judges, plumbers, teachers and so on?

Do they include the many who work to keep wealthy businesses afloat..? Wealthy businesses that create highly skilled and highly paid jobs that pay millions in tax..that SF would likely run out of it if they got in..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oh,I am well aware he is trying to attack an innocent family who had nothing to do with what their son

Unfortunately you and anyone else can't prove who knew what and who didn't,
    Isn't that a fact ,just another feinting outrage about it ,
    He blew himself up and there's no big commemoration these are the facts

6 wrote: »
    Another PR disaster

I'm sure there will be plenty more to come over the years and there still shocked people don't buy into their propaganda

You might be aware but a huge percentage of SF voters, vote for SF because they want to take from workers and give to social welfare? this is the core SF voters. Always has been.

Plus most of the new voters are doing because they think they will get a free or close to free house, like some people on here.

People wil continue to vote for FF/FG & others because they have a good job and earn a decent wage. The same person who SF want to take their hard earned money off.

Are you saying people who are working and don't want to be taxed even are becoming extinct?
    Nobody asked what party was the largest demographic. I am talking about voter numbers which shows SF 24% everyone else 76%. Not sure why you are so confused?

Plus nobody said only "dole heads" vote for SF you made that assumption up all on your own.

Jesus

If SF got in there wouldn’t be any wealthy business, and in turn, noting to trickle down and create jobs and industry and an economy..

There would not be any money to help anyone..

That's a fairy tale.
    There's not even enough 'trickle down' to keep many of the worker bees working without state aid.

Things are regressing for the public. We have the same level of home ownership we did in the 1970's ffs.

When wealthy business makes money they are keeping as much as they can and paying staff as little as they are allowed.

I'm sure there will be plenty more to come over the years and there still shocked people don't buy into their propaganda
    You found the proof that the family was lying and your basis for "standing by" your accusation that they are liars

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

SF and FF will be the next government imo.

The hypocrisy from both parties on such a government would be pretty funny tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

That's a fairy tale.
    There's not even enough 'trickle down' to keep many of the worker bees working without state aid.

Things are regressing for the public. We have the same level of home ownership we did in the 1970's ffs.

When wealthy business makes money they are keeping as much as they can and paying staff as little as they are allowed.

Read a stat the other day that a full 43% of Irish people would be at risk of poverty were it not for social transfers of various kinds. Let that sink in for a moment. What a splendid well-oiled economic machine FF and FG preside over.

You found the proof

Can you prove otherwise anything, anything at all .

Can you disprove it ?

No

Exactly

• Advertisement

Can you disprove it ?

No

Exactly

An innocent family have said they only found out he was in the IRA when they were told of his death
    I have not heard one person say they dont believe them or why they wouid even question it from either side of it

To critizise the son is fair enough and even make up lies about him but to make up lies about an innocent family and call them liars on the anniversary of his death without ANY proof whatsoever is fairly scummy
    You have no proof and if you were a man you would withdraw what you said about the family and leave it at that

Can you disprove it ?

No

Exactly

Are you seriously going to argue that the parents of a 21 year old from Wexford, but left home and was living over in London actually did know their son was in the IRA?

Is what you've resorted to in order to try and wind up folk on the net? Get a grip for Christ sake?

Hold on

Did O’Brien openly sell An Phoblacht on the streets in Gorey. And have known republican sympathies?

His family knew this bit, yes?

They must have had some bloody thoughts/suspicions.

Did he actually have to show them some verified membership card?

The family (it was reported) organised the commemoration?

If they are not at all pro paramilitary organisations, isn’t it a bit odd that they would want a public commemoration for a person (their son) who was on his way to potentially cause mayhem on behalf of a paramilitary organization?

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. But if my son was killed whilst on a mission to likely kill and inflict misery, I just can’t see myself wanting to the parade him to the public in a public commemoration..

It’s all a bit odd!! And very inappropriate.

Are you seriously going to argue

Only you and one other is arguing about it ,but yet you can't prove or disprove otherwise No .

A little less feinting outrage

Only you and one other is arguing about it ,but yet you can prove or disprove otherwise No .
    A little less feinting outrage

No outrage here, quite the opposite in fact - I think your absolute Cluelessness is fuppin hilarious.

You expect a 21 year old to write home to his parents and tell them he joined the RA FFS.

Get up the yard. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 22 JimCore

jm08 wrote: »
    First of all, the commemoration was being organised by the father of Edward O'Brien, who was killed. His family had no idea that he was in the IRA by the way. The family called off the commemoration because they were receiving threats and abuse.

By the way, O'Brien was the only one killed in the bombing. There were 7 people injured however. You should try and get your facts straight.

Facts have no place on boards.ie

No outrage here,

Yet your still going on about it ,

Were you expecting a propaganda chamber

No outrage here, quite the opposite in fact - I think your absolute Cluelessness is fuppin hilarious.

You expect a 21 year old to write home to his parents and tell them he joined the RA FFS.

Get up the yard. :D

Who’s saying the son had to tell his family for them to know or believe he was in the IRA?

Is this what the poster is saying?

I thought the poster was implying that he finds it hard to believe that the family didn’t know, or at least didn’t strongly suspect that their son was a member of a paramilitary organization..

I would not think this odd to be thought/considered.

Yet your still going on about it ,

Were you expecting a propaganda chamber

Still going on about it, because you said you still stood over it.

Explain why you believe his parents lie about knowing their son was a member of a secret and illegal organisation FFS. You reckon he wrote it on the back of a Piccadilly Circus postcard or what:pac:

• Advertisement

Still going on about it, because you said you still stood over it.

Explain why you believe his parents lie about knowing their son was a member of a secret and illegal organisation

Can you or anyone else disprove it yes or no ?

Advertisement