Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    anyone need contract legislation? as good as new and unmarked..

Yes do you still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

rickmatt wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So do they not send out a letter if you have all 8 passed or any form of documentation as evidence you have them, for like application etc.?

Supposedly but they're not that organised, I just used each individual results letter when applying to the PPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DFMCD190384

Hi, would anyone have the Contract Nov 2020 questions please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Supposedly but they're not that organised, I just used each individual results letter when applying to the PPC.

Haha I can’t even do that seen as they never sent any results letter for me since March 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

DavidX90 wrote: »
    That is quality stuff. Fair play!

How big was the sample size in the end?

It varied between subjects but it was big enough that it resulted in 95% accuracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 sim1yoyo

Has anyone received a response from Phillip Lee regarding traineeships? Got a generic we will revert back soon in November and nothing since. Just debating applying for the summer internship with them now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Do anyone have recent EU examiner reports and papers pleaseee??

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

sim1yoyo wrote: »
    Has anyone received a response from Phillip Lee regarding traineeships? Got a generic we will revert back soon in November and nothing since. Just debating applying for the summer internship with them now

I interviewed late last year and got an offer for Internship with a view of a TC after an assessment period

Haha I can’t even do that seen as they never sent any results letter for me since March ��

Ring and torment them, I sat them in March too I needed mine cos work gave me leave to sit them and they most likely thought I was stringing them along and had failed them as it had been going on so long.

It was reaching a comedy point, I just rang daily for four days and they didn't send it until I think Sept (just check my post history). And then they backdated the letter so it read SOME DATE IN THE SUMMER 2020 SO IT LOOKED LIKE I MISPLACED THE LETTER WHICH I HAD NEVER GOT :mad::mad::mad::mad: Why would anyone do that??? I send a lot of letters and I certainly never backdate them! I didn't even need a hard copy, soft copy would have been fine. Honestly I should have just photoshopped it together using the older results as if work would have known the difference :pac: (doing TC where I work anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone leaving out anything in contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Can anyone send me on an up to date Equity grid. Have one already but its missing a few sittings. I have notes I can swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭phildub

Can anyone send me on an up to date Equity grid. Have one already but its missing a few sittings. I have notes I can swap.

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hi Everyone!

so I got my criminal exam paper back, and I thought I would share it here. At the very least it has the November 2020 exam paper for people. but I am pretty happy with the markings on it, it gives at least a vague indication of where I went right (compared to my company paper that had zero marks on it). I got 62% so people can use it to gauge how much they need to write for online exams, structuring, how many cases I used etc. This should not be used as a form of sample answer and no one should be learning what I have written because 38% of the paper is wrong, and you can't be sure if I spoke about the wrong case somewhere or was talking complete rubbish for a few sentences.

i was absolutely howling at the mistakes I made, it reads like a person whose brain was fried after my third exam in a row! I am impressed, though, at how much information my brain retained, and it gives me hope for the next set, that I will somehow pull it out of the bag!

Anyone else get constitutional back with no marks or anything on it!Just says marks will be sent separately which seems odd

jus_me wrote: »
    Anyone else get constitutional back with no marks or anything on it!Just says marks will be sent separately which seems odd

same with company!

awsah wrote: »
    same with company!

Did you get the second email ? I didn’t :(

jus_me wrote: »
    Did you get the second email ? I didn’t :(

nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

nope!

I have to admire the neatness of your criminal script. There wasn't a chance in hell I'd have had the time to format my answers so well on top of everything. Fair play, I'd say that alone made it easy for the examiner to give you marks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

If someone gets their contract script back in the next while, would you mind posting the questions here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I have to admire the neatness of your criminal script. There wasn't a chance in hell I'd have had the time to format my answers so well on top of everything. Fair play, I'd say that alone made it easy for the examiner to give you marks

I was thinking the same. My paper would look an absolute mess compared to that. Very impressive layout. Does everyone lay out their paper like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. My paper would look an absolute mess compared to that. Very impressive layout. Does everyone lay out their paper like that?

I certainly don’t. It really just depends on your style of writing. In a problem question I do start it off with these are the issue in the question and I will discuss each but I don’t use headings usually

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

bluerthanu wrote: »
    If someone gets their contract script back in the next while, would you mind posting the questions here please?

I requested mine the day after results, will post as soon as I get it

Hi Everyone!

so I got my criminal exam paper back, and I thought I would share it here. At the very least it has the November 2020 exam paper for people. but I am pretty happy with the markings on it, it gives at least a vague indication of where I went right (compared to my company paper that had zero marks on it). I got 62% so people can use it to gauge how much they need to write for online exams, structuring, how many cases I used etc. This should not be used as a form of sample answer and no one should be learning what I have written because 38% of the paper is wrong, and you can't be sure if I spoke about the wrong case somewhere or was talking complete rubbish for a few sentences.

i was absolutely howling at the mistakes I made, it reads like a person whose brain was fried after my third exam in a row! I am impressed, though, at how much information my brain retained, and it gives me hope for the next set, that I will somehow pull it out of the bag!

I can't believe you didnt answer the question on the bees!

https://youtu.be/xHGntwEikUQ

Congrats!

I can't believe you didnt answer the question on the bees!

https://youtu.be/xHGntwEikUQ

Congrats!

oh my god I was going no where near that, I panicked at the end becasue I thought I had 5 questions done and with half an hour to go i realsied it was only 4!! so the first quesiton i clicked on was provocation so I did that one, didn't think I did well on that question but it wasn't my worst answer so I made the right choice I think.

What would you say for the bee question, does the bees have anything to do with it really, it seems more like a question you would find on a tort paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sunflowers8

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for sharing, really sound of you.

Do you know what the W marks the examiner mark mean? Versus the ticks

Thanks for sharing, really sound of you.

Do you know what the W marks the examiner mark mean? Versus the ticks

i have no idea, I was trying to figure it out, doesnt seem to be that the thing was wrong but maybe highlighting cases/statues I referenced? it's hard to tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

NewFe1 wrote: »

Yeah I don't use headings when applying irac, I just sort of do it naturally in paragraphs. Have to say that I may tweak my writing style because it looked way prettier than any of my essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dropin

Has any fellow FE1 gambler left " Trial in due Course of Law and Right to a Jury Trial " (City College manual presentation) out of their Constitutional studies? Unless my grid is wrong its a fairly regular topic but one that doesn't cross over with other topics. Il admit, I am prone to rolling the dice for these exams but the sheer size of the topic leaves me concerned. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Dropin wrote: »
    Has any fellow FE1 gambler left " Trial in due Course of Law and Right to a Jury Trial " (City College manual presentation) out of their Constitutional studies? Unless my grid is wrong its a fairly regular topic but one that doesn't cross over with other topics. Il admit, I am prone to rolling the dice for these exams but the sheer size of the topic leaves me concerned. Thanks

I'm doing constitutional this time around too and I don't think I would chance leaving out too much of trial in due course of law. The lecturer with lawschool has advised that it could possibly form the basis of 2 whole questions on the paper - right to silence being a big one ... then again i suppose that's depending on the examiner's mood. It's just such an unpredictable paper unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Dropin wrote: »

No, doing it. Would recommend doing it as its straightforward. A few hours study will leave you with a cursory understanding and you could get a full question out of it. The right to silence/right to presumption of innocence section is part of the criminal syllabus so youl already be familiar with some of the topic if youv done criminal.

Advertisement