Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Has anybody received copies of exam scripts and wondering if parts of answers are missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

I just got my script with no marks , how long do are people waiting on the "separate " email with the marks ???

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Iconic10 wrote: »
    i’ve heard you can’t really leave much out for constitutional as it’s very unpredictable. does anyone have thoughts on this. people who have sat it already did you leave sections out or cover most of it ?
    Regarding tort i’m considering leaving out the question on duty of care and general negligence principle - seems quite complex. Does anyone have thoughts on this or think it’s a good idea to not answer that question ?

Regarding Tort, I wouldn't advise you to leave out DOC or General Negligence as it's a fundamental topic in Tort. You have to know that the Negligence equation (i.e Duty, Standard, Breach of standard & Causation) form the basis of many other topics like med neg, defective products, employers liability etc.

You could maybe get away with not preparing it for an exam question, but it's very important you know the concept of Negligence and everything that goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    Regarding Tort, I wouldn't advise you to leave out DOC or General Negligence as it's a fundamental topic in Tort. You have to know that the Negligence equation (i.e Duty, Standard, Breach of standard & Causation) form the basis of many other topics like med neg, defective products, employers liability etc.

You could maybe get away with not preparing it for an exam question, but it's very important you know the concept of Negligence and everything that goes with it.

I know the whole duty of care and negligence. I answered that question on the paper in nov and failed - just seems to be very complex. Would it be best to leave this out or maybe it’s not the wisest question to tackle on the paper ?

Does freedom of association arise often in constitutional paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

Hi guys, just wondering if anybody has the November 2020 paper for Company? I have the most recent papers up to Nov 2020 in Constitutional if anybody would do a swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

I just got my script with no marks , how long do are people waiting on the "separate " email with the marks ???

I never received mine I’m hoping it will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Got one script before the weekend, still waiting on marks and waiting for my second script

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Exams456

Is it normal for them not to have the applications open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Exams456 wrote: »

No..Usually they're open nearly 3 months before the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I haven't received any of my scripts at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Exams456 wrote: »

My guess is that they are waiting to decide on the new Access Programme applicants before opening applications for the next sitting. I'm one of those applicants and I haven't heard back on a decision yet. However I'm not certain of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I just received my equity script ! No markings other than the number beside each question !

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

I just received my equity script ! No markings other than the number beside each question !

Do you mind me asking did you pass the paper and if so what mark ? I'm eager to review my script and have sent off for a recheck.

FE1_2020_ wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking did you pass the paper and if so what mark ? I'm eager to review my script and have sent off for a recheck.

Oh yes I did I got 60%

Only got 10 out of 20 for the answer on undue influence which I thought was probably the best answer on the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

I’m waiting on viewing scripts but I see the recheck closed on January 29th , that’s ridiculous.

I’m not going to waste ANOTHER €115 having a script rechecked until I can view it and see if it’s worth my while.

I’m becoming increasingly frustrated with LS and their blatant money grabbing

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I got my equity script back this morning and only requested it on 22 January. Maybe they're doing it in order of subject rather than first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Mc96 wrote: »
    I got my equity script back this morning and only requested it on 22 January. Maybe they're doing it in order of subject rather than first come first served.

Makes sense that it's being done alphabetically. People have received company, criminal, and now equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I got my equity script back and it has an internal overall % and an external overall % which are the same. Does this mean it's been rechecked and I didn't go up?

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I got my equity script back and it has an internal overall % and an external overall % which are the same. Does this mean it's been rechecked and I didn't go up?

Mine only has the internal

It just means yours was checked by both people

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maggie95

Iconic10 wrote: »
    I know the whole duty of care and negligence. I answered that question on the paper in nov and failed - just seems to be very complex. Would it be best to leave this out or maybe it’s not the wisest question to tackle on the paper ?

Does freedom of association arise often in constitutional paper ?

I didn't go near those chapters in tort - understand the general principles from college but that was it. I think if you cover pretty much everything else then it's fine. It does manage to cut approx. 100 pages from the manual!

• Advertisement

Mine says external confirmed too

This does make me lose hope of going up in the recheck :(

Mine says external confirmed too

This does make me lose hope of going up in the recheck :(

Is it just random papers that get sent to the extern ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Some scripts are marked by both examiners I think they are just randomly selected.
    The external examiner will mark it again as part of the recheck.

Oh yes I did I got 60%

Only got 10 out of 20 for the answer on undue influence which I thought was probably the best answer on the paper

Great result, well done. I didn't do that question due to lack of time and instead opted for the note question, which I suspect was the question where marks were not reasonably afforded. As matter of interest did you happen to do that question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Looking over your script is just ridiculous. I laid out my equity answer for the donatio mortis causa question perfectly, used essentially every relevant case from the chapter and advised correctly and get given 9/20. How do you actually do well in a question?

Great result, well done. I didn't do that question due to lack of time and instead opted for the note question, which I suspect was the question where marks were not reasonably afforded. As matter of interest did you happen to do that question ?

Yes I did do that one I got 13 out of 20 ! I answered in Hastings bass and the rule in strong v bird

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I also didn't do Undue Influence and opted for the notes question. I got 6/10 for rectification note and 7/10 for Strong v Bird note.

Looking over your script is just ridiculous. I laid out my equity answer for the donatio mortis causa question perfectly, used essentially every relevant case from the chapter and advised correctly and get given 9/20. How do you actually do well in a question?

I got 13 in that one I think

But there’s literally no markings or anything to show what you got right or anything

Yes I did do that one I got 13 out of 20 ! I answered in Hastings bass and the rule in strong v bird

That's the two I answered as well. I can only speculate where marks were lost until I am given a chance to review my script. Would it be possible to compare answers when I get access if you don't mind ? If not no problem I understand.

• Advertisement

That's the two I answered as well. I can only speculate where marks were lost until I am given a chance to review my script. Would it be possible to compare answers when I get access if you don't mind ? If not no problem I understand.

No problem haha I can copay and paste the answer in the chat I think !

Reading over my answers they’re actually short enough and quite basic

Advertisement