Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ctc865

I am sure you are not the only person to it so try not to worry. Maybe you should mention it t the LS better to be upfront about it rather then hoping they don't notice !

I’m rather paranoid that if I mention it I’m more likely to be punished for it. Like if the footage is reviewed I clearly wasn’t cheating, I’d hardly announce it on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Does anyone know if the report from the Autumn sitting is available? I can't find it on the website and they have the exam up twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Got thru to the law society yesterday they said late May hopefully for results

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ozymandias98

Hi all, I’ve noticed that a lot of people on here struggled a lot with constitutional and it’s the exam that people find the most daunting! I passed constitutional in November first time without having done a prep course (I do have a law degree though and studied constitutional law in college). I have extensive notes that I made for myself and am considering doing grinds at a very cheap rate for anyone who made need them. Message me if interested in my notes or if you want a tutor/someone to go through the topics with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

ctc865 wrote: »
    I’m rather paranoid that if I mention it I’m more likely to be punished for it. Like if the footage is reviewed I clearly wasn’t cheating, I’d hardly announce it on video.

I wouldn't say anything to them. Doubt any checks the videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

jus_me wrote: »

Brimming with confidence there. In fairness, they didn't specify the year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

jus_me wrote: »

Absolutely zero excuse for us to not get the results by the end of May, at the latest. That will be 8 weeks from the exams and the last sitting took TEN weeks, which was ridiculously long but at least they had the excuse of Christmas. There's no excuse this time for such a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hi all, Has anyone done the City Colleges constitutional preparatory course? If so is it any good?
    I did their EU and Contract and thought they were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Hi all, Has anyone done the City Colleges constitutional preparatory course? If so is it any good?
    I did their EU and Contract and thought they were very good.

I did. I think it's good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Hi!
    Has anyone managed to get a refund for exams? Someone sent me a link to a form on the law society but it won’t work and I can’t find it on the website?
    Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 bernardand

it was very standard, two questions were carbon copies of past questions, it was a lovely paper but my mind wasn't functioning that morning so hoping for good news tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

bernardand wrote: »
    it was very standard, two questions were carbon copies of past questions, it was a lovely paper but my mind wasn't functioning that morning so hoping for good news tomorrow!!

What’s tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Anyone doing Criminal, it’s worth covering S70-72 of the Criminal Justice Act 2006 dealing with conspiracy and aiding/abetting in the context of organised crime. It’s not a very long section. I have manuals from two of the prep schools and neither mention those sections.

There have been a few questions over the years where Johnny or Mary falls in with the wrong crowd (a criminal org) and then gives them a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Do people think the exams in October will be online again this year? A trainee I was speaking to said they can't see them being back in person with how much more the Law Soc makes from having them online

bigchungus wrote: »
    Do people think the exams in October will be online again this year? A trainee I was speaking to said they can't see them being back in person with how much more the Law Soc makes from having them online

The Law Soc are very traditional and were hesitant on moving them online in the first place. If the restrictions are lifted by October, which I think they're likely to be, I think there's a good chance it'll be in person.

We can only speculate but the Law Society was hellbent on having the exams in person last October despite high cases and we were in level 5 restrictions. Then they delayed it a month but still insisted they would do it physically despite there being absolutely no chance of indoor gatherings being allowed. Only 2 weeks before November did they decide to up and change the format to online after much pushback.

By October restrictions will be lifted so much that they will be allowed to resume physical sittings. Whether they make more money from online sittings or not, it is incredibly easy to cheat online versus in person so they will surely go back to the normal format by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Lallers96 wrote: »
    We can only speculate but the Law Society was hellbent on having the exams in person last October despite high cases and we were in level 5 restrictions. Then they delayed it a month but still insisted they would do it physically despite there being absolutely no chance of indoor gatherings being allowed. Only 2 weeks before November did they decide to up and change the format to online after much pushback.

By October restrictions will be lifted so much that they will be allowed to resume physical sittings. Whether they make more money from online sittings or not, it is incredibly easy to cheat online versus in person so they will surely go back to the normal format by then.

Yeah, I have a feeling they will go back to physical sittings if restrictions are lifted. On top of what you have mentioned, there is the whole fallout from the first online sitting and the various problems with better examinations (Pray to God we don't have similar results this time round!)

The online exams just gives the Law Soc too many additional headaches and iI think given the chance they would adapt something similar to the August resits- I.e regional venues, the RDS with everyone well spaced out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Hey all. Hope everyone is enjoying their break from revision.

Quick question. I'm using the free city college notes for equity, but it's only like 5 pages. Are the notes just really condensed? Or is the topic that predictable?

If anyone had more in-depth notes, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rickmatt

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there is ever a physical copy of the FE1 results sent out.

I've them all done since last November but still have not received them and I cannot find them online to print off myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

rickmatt wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there is ever a physical copy of the FE1 results sent out.

I've them all done since last November but still have not received them and I cannot find them online to print off myself.
    Hi there- I got a physical letter with my results from March 2020, and I believe this was sent out in the sittings prior to this.
    Didn't receive anything from November, or this March sitting however.

I know you can request letters from them on the law society website though, but not sure how long this takes.
    Believe this link should work to the form:
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/education/fe-1/copyfe-1lets.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

bobbyness wrote: »
    Hey all. Hope everyone is enjoying their break from revision.

Quick question. I'm using the free city college notes for equity, but it's only like 5 pages. Are the notes just really condensed? Or is the topic that predictable?

If anyone had more in-depth notes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey!

5 pages is definitely way too short, if you send me a DM, I'd be happy to e-mail you on some notes for Equity!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

dobby896 wrote: »
    Hey!

5 pages is definitely way too short, if you send me a DM, I'd be happy to e-mail you on some notes for Equity!

This are night before notes and are only to be used for revision the night before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

awsah wrote: »
    This are night before notes and are only to be used for revision the night before!!

I wouldn't entirely agree on that. Some of the other subjects have a lot more depth to them. Just look at their contract or tort revision guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

bobbyness wrote: »
    I wouldn't entirely agree on that. Some of the other subjects have a lot more depth to them. Just look at their contract or tort revision guides.

The free city college notes for equity on the city college site are night before notes, I was not referring to contract or tort. You need a lot more than 5 pages of notes to pass equity

Does anybody know what month the Autumn sittings will take place at?

Does anybody know what month the Autumn sittings will take place at?

I'd imagine they'll go back to the usual October sitting, in what format I don't know but I see no reason for it to be delayed like last year's 2nd sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Hi all! Just wondering would anybody have any condensed criminal notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Would anyone be able to advise me on what the best course provider for Criminal FE1 would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

ullaw22 wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to advise me on what the best course provider for Criminal FE1 would be?

I did Griffith college ! I personally found it grand tbh I think they’re all the same but criminal was good

Advertisement