Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

Whatever ones views on it, the online exam had some serious issues. There was a lot of technical challenges involved and the risks of cheating is very high.

Unfortunately the hybrid system doesn't work either because the people sitting online would have a greater advantage in their exams (consider the massive speed difference between typing and writing).

Considering how reluctant the Law Soc was having the exams online in the first place, I think they would be first to get the exams back to a physical sittings.

Fair yes, just wanted to see what other people thought anyway.

Apparently the Red Cow is currently being used for MHQ so that could liven up the experience haha

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

dobby896 wrote: »
    Fair yes, just wanted to see what other people thought anyway.

Apparently the Red Cow is currently being used for MHQ so that could liven up the experience haha

What is MHQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Creg12 wrote: »
    What is MHQ?

Is it Mandatory Hotel Quarantine ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UCCME

Did anyone apply for the Dept. of Foreign Affairs internships?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Some people definitely live under a rock LOL.

Your posts are increasingly unhelpful and shady the more I notice them. Why bother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Your posts are increasingly unhelpful and shady the more I notice them. Why bother

Yes you're right. I deleted the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

Has anyone tried to phone the Law Society for an update on exam results?

Surely they are in a position to finalise the release date at this stage...!?

Thanks

I have re-sent an enquiry email this morning also ....
    Its supposed to be next week!!- if I hear back I will let you know.
    They are pups!

I have re-sent an enquiry email this morning also ....
    Its supposed to be next week!!- if I hear back I will let you know.
    They are pups!

Cheers.

"Provisionally scheduled for publication during the week starting Monday 24 May" is a joke at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

DavidX90 wrote: »
    Cheers.

"Provisionally scheduled for publication during the week starting Monday 24 May" is a joke at this point.

this is always the case. the Law Soc will send an email this Friday if we are to expect them the week of the 24th (Friday being the date of results ; the 28th)..

i wouldn't hold my breath anyway until receiving that email.

• Advertisement

lawDani wrote: »
    this is always the case. the Law Soc will send an email this Friday if we are to expect them the week of the 24th (Friday being the date of results ; the 28th)..

i wouldn't hold my breath anyway until receiving that email.

Pre-covid this was the case .

Cant remember did they do it that way last time around or even remember getting a "the week of" email before ..... Please god this time around they will be kinder and at least narrow it down to an actual day!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

Hi all

My Dublin firm are looking for:
    - NQ corporate solicitor.
    - 3-5yr PQE M&A solicitor.
    - 4-6yr PQE corporate solicitor.

DM me if you know anyone that may be interested.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

Hey everyone. Someone on this thread - might have been a while back - made a post linking to his (Drive? Docs?) account which contained all of his FE-1 notes for the various subjects. Problem is, I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anybody here locate it?

Hey everyone. Someone on this thread - might have been a while back - made a post linking to his (Drive? Docs?) account which contained all of his FE-1 notes for the various subjects. Problem is, I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anybody here locate it?

this is kind of gold. i would also enjoy this.. love the comradery here!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

I’m not sure if this is the exact one that you’re looking for, but here is a google drive with docs !

Snip: Copyrighted material removed. Please stop posting copyrighted material or links to it

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Has the law society responded to anyone’s emails asking for a confirmation of results date?

Has the law society responded to anyone’s emails asking for a confirmation of results date?

Yes. No updates available other than "keep an eye on the website"... Ridiculous

Yes. No updates available other than "keep an eye on the website"... Ridiculous

My god that is so infuriating

My god that is so infuriating

It’s easier to sit them than get the results!

It’s easier to sit them than get the results!

The most difficult aspect of the FE-1s, without doubt. Dealing with the LSI's incompetence has genuinely aged me.

• Advertisement

The most difficult aspect of the FE-1s, without doubt. Dealing with the LSI's incompetence has genuinely aged me.

im grey now ngl..

When I try to even log into the law society page I just get the blue circle going round and round

• Registered Users Posts: 15 milktray22

Results out this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

11am Friday.. *nervous sweating*

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

Are we going to have the situation as last time where the results showed up a day before on the portal? If so, can anybody please let us know if you've managed to access it beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cillbill94

Hey,

Does anyone know where we find our Law Society ID number. I don't even recall seeing it, ive logged into law society before with my email address but now its saying I need my ID number?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cillbill94

Oh, they actually say in the email, they will send id in another email by 11 am thursday. so nvm then,

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

I haven't been able to log into the law soc website for about 2 months now as anytime I try the page just loads for ages. Anyone else having that problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Fe1ak wrote: »
    I haven't been able to log into the law soc website for about 2 months now as anytime I try the page just loads for ages. Anyone else having that problem?

Yes, I am having the same issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 LawNerd2020

When I logged in, I got this. Is anybody getting that message when they log in? Best of luck on Friday everybody.Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 20.18.47.png

Advertisement