Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Jack1985 wrote: »
    *Yawns* It's usually best advised, to summarise yourself to facts of a story before taking the one article you quote as reflection of reality.

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/1375360107618430978

Therein lies my point, the sooner people don't have to be judged by people like you the better. Covid really brought out the worst in some people.

You associate travel with one thing and one-thing only.

In cases like this judgement is needed for those that don't have any themselves. No wonder there is MHQ.

You're embarrassing yourself.

What are you implying here anyway, that the usual 2m or so passengers per month are not holiday makers?

How does anything you've said in that post in any way negate the previous poster putting the miniscule amount of airport traffic into context by providing the normal monthly figure?

The defense of those on holidays abroad is embarassing. It is also shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

saabsaab wrote: »

The only thing shameful is the display of utter cowardice which allows such ludicrous policies to be implemented in the first place in the midst of the rest of Europe planning their reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Some very strange people in this country. Can’t wait to get away from some of these weirdos even for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Some very strange people in this country. Can’t wait to get away from some of these weirdos even for a few weeks.

You and me both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I emailed the departments of health, justice and foreign affairs asking when is the sunset clause on the €2,000 airport fine. They all acknowledged my email but needless to say none of them answered the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's hard not to feel like some people are relishing telling people how bad they are for daring to want to leave/enter the country.

The only thing shameful is the display of utter cowardice which allows such ludicrous policies to be implemented in the first place in the midst of the rest of Europe planning their reopening.

Europe is having a new surge but people like you don't seem to care. We will reopen here when the roll out is done. Until then let those that know better run the show.

How can anyone justify a foreign holiday at the moment? Totally weird!

It's hard not to feel like some people are relishing telling people how bad they are for dating to want to leave/enter the country.

Someone has to do it. Most people here and the Government are dead against it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Europe is having a new surge but people like you don't seem to care. We will reopen here when the roll out is done. Until then let those that know better run the show.

I’d find removing myself from some of the fanatics here more than justification for foreign travel. Went to Italy last September it was glorious. Can’t wait to smell the aviation fuel in the nostrils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

You sound like the callers to the Joe Duffy show with the couples in Tenerife.

'You shouldn't be enjoying yourself because I am miserable' seemed to be their only argument (even though they had gone to a place with lower covid than Ireland and didn't intend on coming back in the foreseeable future).

I’d find removing myself from some of the fanatics here more than justification for foreign travel. Went to Italy last September it was glorious. Can’t wait to smell the aviation fuel in the nostrils.

You may have overdone it.

You sound like the callers to the Joe Duffy show with the couples in Tenerife.

'You shouldn't be enjoying yourself because I am miserable' seemed to be their only argument (even though they had gone to a place with lower covid than Ireland and didn't intend on coming back in the foreseeable future).

My arguments and those of others are nothing to do with enjoyment or not. Those that go and stay away are fine as far as I can see (not bringing variants back)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

*Yawns* It's usually best advised, to summarise yourself to facts of a story before taking the one article you quote as reflection of reality.
    https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/1375360107618430978Therein lies my point, the sooner people don't have to be judged by people like you the better. Covid really brought out the worst in some people.

You associate travel with one thing and one-thing only.

Yawns. You don't have a point. You're just choosing to attack those you don't agree with.

So what are you saying? That people 'like you' who think just because there's a proportionally smaller number of people who I think we can fairly describe as "eejits" ignoring travel restrictions that's OK then? That's there no risk from these special people?

Really?

As for "associating" travel with one thing. Again you are bizarrely ignoring that these were identified as 'holidaymakers" only.

The 30,000 correctly does not include all the legitimate 'essential' travellers and those with genuine exemptions. Ie people who do need to travel.

I'm not really surprised you're defending those who come across as selfish and the ignorant at best tbh.

Cos its "critical or sumthing.... Whaaaaaa"

Or at least that the usual response as far as I can see.

gozunda wrote: »
    Cos its "critical or sumthing.... Whaaaaaa"

Or at least that the usual response as far as I can see.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Do you get off on making a t*t of yourself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

When you say “Europe is having a new surge”, who in Europe are you referring to?

Please be specific, it matters

Is that all you have no argument just insult.

Is that all you have no argument just insult.

And the response of that poster, that I replied to was what a matter of argument was it? A generalisation of responses that had not arrived.

faceman wrote: »
    When you say “Europe is having a new surge”, who in Europe are you referring to?

Please be specific, it matters

France for one..
    Specific

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/in-paris/articles/217337-coronavirus-in-france-the-situation-on-tuesday-april-20-2021/lang/en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

You may have overdone it.

Seeing as you post the most on this thread, what are your plans for travel this year? (please don't mention "variant" in your answer thanks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

A US friend got in touch with me today to ask if I wanted to go to Greece as the US are allowed in now. She was utterly shocked when I said that in Ireland we're not allowed 20km from our homes and there's a 2k fine for trying to go to the airport for non-essential travel.

'But you have hardly any infections or deaths?'

How can anyone continue to justify MHQ and the continued shutdown of normal travel? 'totally weird.'

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Keep up, cases in most eu countries are dropping not surging

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TobyHolmes

Tazz T wrote: »
    A US friend got in touch with me today to ask if I wanted to go to Greece as the US are allowed in now. She was utterly shocked when I said that in Ireland we're not allowed 20km from our homes and there's a 2k fine for trying to go to the airport for non-essential travel.

i know its ludicrous and frustrating when you compare the restrictions in ireland to other countries like the US.
    i will say though the news of whats happening in India will make me not complain for awhile. the poor people. awful.

at least we have it under control.

as frustrating as it is to remain under severe restrictions.
    my fear is that as we will need to be vaccinated every year likely - is ireland going to be at this for years. if so. im outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭eltonyio

fm wrote: »
    Keep up, cases in most eu countries are dropping not surging

But variants....

MHQ for our EU partners is bonkers. And the actual implementation is nonsensical too. Why is Belgium on the list, but not the Netherlands? Why is Poland not on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TobyHolmes

eltonyio wrote: »
    But variants....

MHQ for our EU partners is bonkers. And the actual implementation is nonsensical too. Why is Belgium on the list, but not the Netherlands? Why is Poland not on it?

did they ever explain the methodology for what countries are on the list?

Tazz T wrote: »

How can anyone continue to justify MHQ and the continued shutdown of normal travel? 'totally weird.'

In the middle of a pandemic?

Well I believe it was your comment which went for the jugular instead of engaging in discussion.

Then posted a bizarre tweet nothing to do with the the link detailed. And to finish then referred to another poster as a 'tit'.

Yeah you won ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

In the middle of a pandemic?

At the end of a pandemic.

Now go away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement