Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In the Cup series tomorrow I think it'll be a battle between Chase and Byron.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Larrson will be looking out for Dinny . im not sure Chase has the Pace , Kyle Busch has had winning pace or no chance and he could go close today

Delighted for Chris Buescher. He's a very underrated driver as he's been driving poor cars for a long time. Anytime he has a half decent car he shows well. He was the Arca champ at 19 and Xfinity series champ at 22.

Rough Fenway Keselowski are getting their act together fast. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Seems to be a certainty now that SVG will be in Nascar full time in 2024.

The road course drive at Indy in the Project 91 Track house Chevy had previously been announced, but now SVG oval debut has been announced - in the next truck race !

Something that Dale Earnhardts Jr podcast had hinted at as an option for next year (!) to help SVG to adapt to ovals (also doing xfinity races ).

Now it's strongly rumoured that track house (!) will field SVG next season , replacing Suarez or Track house getting a third charter (originally thought highly unlikely but rumours persist that there is a charter available to be leased in the short term - the second Kaulig charter may not have been owned by Kaulig apparently ).

A seat was also potentially available at SHR replacing Aric Amirola and possibly at JGR if Truex retires - Chevy however want to keep SVG in their stable.

Breaking news :

Noah Gragson has been indefinitely suspended by Nascar after earlier being suspended by his racing team Legacy Motors .The issue is believed to revolve sound a social media posting.

Josh Berry will race the #42 tomorrow.

There had already been rumours that Toyota , who are replacing Chevy at Legacy , wanted to replace Noah with Nemechek.

The other big news is that Martin Truex will continue in the #19 JGR next season.

SVG - an infinity run in a Dale Jr run car on ovals sooner rather than later....

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of Shane for a good few years, I can't wait to see him in NASCAR fulltime.

It's unreal to see the two guys who between them dominated Supercars for the last eight or so years are both in the US racing in the two major motorsports.

Allgair fails to convert again - Berry just got outdriven by John hunter

Justin got screwed by Gibbs in the pits.

Jones had the best car at the end but he's not a great driver.

even the commentary mentioned the amount off mistakes that were made by the team this year when they had the fastest car, most were Allgair himself and then the team added a lot 2

Yeah he made some mistakes but what happened yesterday wasn't his fault. One of the pit crew was on pit lane before he arrived and that was the second issue in the pits after Gibbs swung him around.

He had the best car and would have won it. It's just not his year.

• Advertisement

You think Nascar would look at their schedule and move things around a bit where its less likely there'll be rain or lightning when they go there.

the indycar was on nbc before the nascar was on usa and they couldnt clash

I had a few quid on Truex - seems fastest , doing a lot of complaining about the strategy he is running in races , and he has a good record on Mondays lol

I noticed Keselowski moved up pretty fast just before the rain came. He was going well early but fell all the way back into the mid-twenties. Maybe I missed a pit penalty or something?

I like the Indycar myself. NASCAR is no.1 though. I watched that race last year and it's like Formula 1 in that it's extremely hard to pass. I like the oval races and one or two of the road courses.

buscher beats Truex on strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So, it's early in the race on lap 10. SVG in 8th, Kobayashi in the 67 car is languishing back in 34 trying to figure how to drive a lump of a Nascar!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Stenhouse, what the **** are you doing today.

No wonder your nickname is Wrecky Spinhouse

the no caution roadtracks rules has made that and other roadtracks a lot less watchable - that was just like f1 today

What a celebration by McDowell! Delighted for him. A really good drive, and got that done on merit. In the playoffs now!

Yeah, delighted for McDowell. I thought Chase was gonna get him a couple of times but he kept ahead and deservedly won.

It certainly was a strange rest with the top four pretty certain from early in the race. There was over five seconds between Chase and the battle for third between Reddick and Suarez. Then it was something like 14 seconds from them back to the next group.

McDowells well deserved win has thrown the race to make the chase into turmoil.

Suarez was very unlucky that track house messed up his pit stop ,otherwise he could have got the win , but now he is one of the favourites to win at the Glen.

If there is a new winner at the Glen then Kevin Harvicks playoff position will be under threat and Bubba will need to win Daytona !.

Rockenfellar went a little under the radar today but made good progress and could be a top 10 runner this weekend.

Chase starts as favourite but after Indy (the last road course race before the return of the Brickyard 400 ?) , McDowell, Suarez and Reddick will undoubtedly feature .

• Advertisement

The Glen: The drone shots through the bus stop towards the Carousel have been fantastic for both Xfinity and Cup races.

Yeah it was a great watch tonight.

Byron must be favourite to win the Championship. He's been head and shoulders above everybody bar maybe Truex all season.

I didn't watch Daytona live but caught the extended highlights this morning. Ryan Preece had a horrible accident. Thankfully he's ok.

i watched it until the big wreck on stage 2 . and just watched highlights then - Massive flip

a lot just dropped out

Dinny saying he would push Bubba and not Tye must put his position under threat maybe him an Reddick might switch or John Hunter might get Brought up next year

Buescher is a serious contender for the Championship now.

This evening's cup race at Texas Motor speedway is on now and it's on the free channel Viaplay Xtra (on satellite/Freesat).

i had it on usa , didnt spot that . Byron picking up another unlikely win

2 fastest cars off the weekend didnt win , allgair because off allgairs usual mistakes and Larrson getting loose and wrecking

Algaier's usual mistakes, what do you think he did wrong?

Larson got really loose very suddenly.

Buescher has been very steady. I've a feeling he's making the final four.

his crew was talking to him about 1 and even Dale Jr mentioned one , the mistakes led him to having 1 set of tyres left and at the end that cost him

• Advertisement

The reason he had only one set of tyres left was because he was forced up almost into the wall and into all the dirty debris, fell backwards and had no grip so needed a new set of tyres. That's how he ended up a set short.

Even then it was all the yellows right at the end that cost him. On the first restart he got away far enough that he wouldn't be caught as there cars with fresh tyres still had cats to pass. On the second restart Hill slowed him up enough that the cars on new tyres got close to the front and the last yellow ended his chances.

Advertisement