Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Take a look at Nascar ruling on the matter - it's crystal clear in its judgement.

Chastain has never been found guilty of intentional wrecking - statement of fact.

Great opportunity for La Joie who has done wonders for Spire this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Madjeski wrecks smith and enfinger wins in the trucks.

Custer starting from way back after changes gets back to the fromt , goes wide on 1 and then gets ahead when the front 3 go kamikaze

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thing is Chastain has clearly, with intent, taken people out and gotten away with it which makes the decision to ban Chase hypocritical.

Not in Nascars view - only this weekend there were allegations that Austin Cindric has intentionally wrecked Austin Dillon, calls for him to be parked ,Richard Childress (Dillon car owner ) making accusations etc

Nascar reviewed and decided that the incident was not intentional,

Austin Cindric has also come out berating the allegations made against him,

Turns out Austin Dillon went up the track and clipped Cindric.....

Nascar have been consistent - Bubba and now Chase Elliiot banned for intentional wrecking.

If Chastain or any other driver intentonally wrecks and the telemetry confirms , irrespective of any driver commentary, a suspension will be applied.

Do you watch the races? It's been clear and obvious on more than one occasion that Chastain knew exactly what he was doing.

• Advertisement

the no cautions at the end of stages in the road courses has been a bad move . they have been a lot less entertaining . not really sure why they done it in the 1st place

That was a bit of a boring race but I prefer no stage cautions , last year it became a joke with teams pitting before the end of a stage to get track position for the race finish making the stages a waste of time.

McDowell very unlucky with the pit error , hopefully Noah Gragson will be back soon and makes a full recovery from the concussion injury.

Nbc / usa and peacock i suppose now

flipping the stages gives the option to do it and mixes things up a bit more

I'm with infoanon, much better without the stage breaks. As he said it was a joke that cars miles back came early to move to the front of the field.

If you come early on regular tracks you lose a lap but in these races you don't.

Truex back to his road course best. He has a car this year. I think he has a great chance at another championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Flash flood warning in Chicago with the track currently extremely wet. I don't think this race will get going today but fingers crossed. Jenson qualified 8th which is decent!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Ouch pretty much everything that could have gone wrong with the weather for NASCAR's inaugural street race has gone wrong

Got going thankfully. 4 laps in and Kyle Busch sticks it into the tyre wall, he's ok - caution is out. Jenson in 9th at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

SVGWINSAGAINLUL

He's one of my favourite drivers, I'm delighted for him. He hinted that he's doing one more year of supercars and might be interested in a full time cup ride then. I'd love to see him in it. He's done it all in Supercars so it's a good move for him if he does it.

It was a fantastic drive. Larson couldn't live with him, he was just behind him passing cars all the way up to Elliott.

First driver to win his Nascar debut for 60 years. Legend.

The race was really good. Had a good bit of spice, and it didn't turn into a farce which is what I was fearing with the track being so wet at the start. Delighted I stayed up and watched SVG win this on his debut. I didn't know of him, and definitely will give Supercars a watch if timings work as he is a mega driver and seems like a very decent lad.

it was a bit of a farce . interesting but if i had not rained it would have been like the start off the xfinity which was terrible to watch

Certainly not a farce and it was clear that mistakes made with the Xfinity race that were within Nascars control were resolved.

It was possibly the best race of the year and SVG coming through the field was something to behold.

Not throwing the yellow everytime someone spun also helped the racing.

SVG did an incredible job , there is an interview with Denny Hamlin down playing the achievement until he is reminded that SVG normally sits on the other side of the car !

SVG is now being mentioned as a 2024 full time Nascar driver and his supercar team are open to the idea, but only time will tell.

The racing moment of 2023 ?

It hasnt been the best year so may be .

trucks on this evening might be good

good to see John Hunter win the xfinity Tonight . Allgair is a mistake waiting to happen and it usually does

Algaier is a great driver. I'd guess he has more top fives than nearly everybody. Probably JHN and Hill have more.

He's made the Xfinity final four a lot too.

JHN is a class act. He'll be in the Cup series next year. JGR will want to hold onto him so he'll race for one of the other Toyota teams. With Truex and Hamlin nearing the end of their careers he'll have a ride in a JGR car real soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

New Hampshire Cup postponed to tomorrow at 5pm.

think Allgair lets himself down a lot tbh

5pm on moday - Think Truex looks strong hes been the fastest toyota . blaney is running well and can do well

Truex was impressive. Harvick did well to get a top five after skipping the last run to the pits for fresh tyres.

Keselowski and his team are getting very close. They might sneek a win before season's end.

truex was good and was the obvious one . ford and toyota were more suited , so id see Larrson etc go better in 1.5 mile tracks . dont see much hope for chase the way hes going atm

He must still be injured, he's with the same team as Larson and Byron and he's every bit as good as them when healthy.

His only chance is a road course and a bit of luck and with no stage breaks that dont help him

He's not winning anything if he's still not healed from that injury. You don't go from five wins to none the next season if you are fully healthy.

Dinny needs to be sat down for that . saying there was no contact lol

Xfinity at road america was interesting - very hard to pass . Allmandingers car let him down

Allgair lead to overtime - i was nearly thinking of changing my mind about him but them he goes off when it looked like all he had to do was keep it on the track

• Advertisement

It shouldn't have restarted with the track like that. It was crazy with all the spins on the first lap.

Algaier was brilliant all race, he was first to hit that tracherous area and paid the price for it.

As I said the race should not have been restarted with the track like that. Algaier started sliding and Karam got to him and he got spun around, nothing he could do about it. Then Karam nearly lost it and lost two spots when he slid.

Any way enough about that.

You want stupidity? You got that in the Trucks. Ty Majeski had by far the fastest truck, fought his way back from the back and had Hocevar's lead down under 2 seconds. Zane Smith pitted, then Hocevar pitted. Majeski kept going and didn't pit. He lost the race because of if it as he was running over a second slower for the last thirty laps or so.

He led something like 150 laps. If he pitted when the others did he'd have won it by a big margin. You can't blame the driver it had to be the crew chief that made that decision.

Advertisement