Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Wow, half the field wrecks because of a pop-up shower in T1 that NASCAR was apparently completely oblivious to.

Clownshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Here we go for the conclusion of a long red flagged race!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was a crazy race and Truex losing out on the playoffs by three points to Blaney was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Breaking news tonight that Alex Bowman is to miss Talledega this weekend.

Bowman is reported as suffering concussion like symptoms following a crash at Texas.

There was a lot of controversy after Texas , multiple heavy crashes as a result of blown tyres , a controversial clash between William Byron and Danny Hamlin which was missed by Nascar but now has been addressed with Byron getting a 25 point deduction taking him below the cut off line.

However the most controversial was when Ty Gibbs purposely swerved into Ty Dillon in the pits.

Network TV and Nascar ignored the incident initially , Nascar has since reacted but the fine on Ty Gibb is viewed as light and has led to calls for Gibbs to be suspended for at least one race.

Meantime senior drivers - Hamlin / Harvick are being openly critical of Nascar , with now a second driver out with concussion (Kurt Busch being the other driver out with concussion ), expect further heightened tensions

Talledega could not come at a worse time for Nascar.

On a lighter note , Conor Day makes his Nascar debut the following week at the Charlotte Roval.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

The Hamlin thing was bad how byron could spin him deliberatly on yellow and end up getting the space and Hamlins gets put back , was a loophole in the laws,

Dinny tends to get in a lot of hassle lol

Nbc coverage has not been as good as the fox in my opinion , even later in the race fox would keep the race showing during adds , nbc does not - on the international code you get it , but i like to watch on the fox or nbc apps

the tires were bad as well and this week there going into a demolition derby

• Advertisement

Hamlin deserved the same treatment as Byron as he clearly knew what he was doing pushing Byron up the track.

As for Ty Gibbs, he'll get off light because he is Joe Gibbs grandson, he's basically a VIP. He'll be driving the no.18 next year and I'd guess that's the reason Kyle Busch is getting out of there as he knows that when Ty moves up he'll get preferential treatment to the rest of the team. That's been happening this year in the Xfinity series.

On the coverage, Fox coverage is different league to NBC's. Unfortunately they always have the first half of the season. I'd much prefer it the other way around.

Gragson has been the best in the xfinity . not something id have expecred after cota barging etc.

this weekend is going to be a bit wild . anything could happen

No doubt Gragson has been brilliant over the last four races.

I'm talking about Gibbs racing and Ty having a better car than the other Gibbs drivers.

Talledega was a disappointment last night. These next gen cars have made it next to impossible to make your way through the field on super speedways. It's very boring to watch now as there is nothing going on bar the few big ones.

• Advertisement

i agree there has been little passing other than taking fuel only . once people drop back they just dropped out the back . Truex and others never bothered racing at all

It was a good move from Elliot to win it .

Last couple of laps at Charlotte Roval! We're into overtime baby! Carnage racing.

Bit mad bell won and got through and Larsson out .

That was crazy , absolute carnage at the end.

The over turning of Byrons penalty has effectively taken Larson out of the championship.

Bell winning was down to a bit of luck but also going for broke by changing tyres.

Suarez losing out because of another spec part failure - power steering again !! - does not reflect well on Nascar , hopefully a spec part failure won't cost a driver the championship.

Wonder will Cole Custers blocking that allowed Chase Briscoe to gain the vital two places to make the playoffs be investigated? , team manipulation of results is not allowed in Nascar , memories of Michael Waltrip Racing come to mind.

Next week - Las Vegas

I'm not a fan of this next gen car at all and I hate the Roval. Why not use a real track instead of setting up that stupid course?

Bell took.the risk and it paid off, that's part of the game and it's not the first and won't be the last time that it'll be the winning move.

And NASCAR will do nothing about Custer unless there's a huge public outcry and there won't be one.

What a way to decide the final 4,

Spoilers :

Think Zanardi at Laguna Seca, that's the level of Ross Chastains move today.

To go from 10th to 5th and into the play offs on the final lap with what has to be the craziest move ever - video game move in the real life !

Ross Chastain tried that move - on a video game - before today , using the wall to go around at top speed on the last corner !

Denny Hamlin looked to have the job done until Ross move.

1 JGR , 1 Penske , 1 Track house and 1 Hendrick will fight it next weekend.

As an aside the TV coverage on the international feed was dire for the last few laps , the picture on screen was Chastain while the commentry was about the leaders door bashing !

XfiniTy championship will also be decided next weekend with TY Gibbs being enemy number one after wrecking his teammate Brandon Jones on the last lap , costing Jones a championship playoff spot......

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Literally just watched and and came straight here.

Probably the most insane, ballsy move I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

Chastain has improved massively over the last two or so years. He's been the best driver this year I think. I'd love to see him win it.

You describe it well calling it video game stuff. It was surreal.

The Gibbs thing was not only ridiculous but stupid. If he stayed behind Jones he had a teammate in the final four. By doing what he did he's now facing three JR motorsports teammates. All it takes is for one of them to wreck him, and he deserves that, and it's all over.

Next year the lead cars will all be up against the boards on the home straight to stop anyone doing that again

Gibbs was a bit silly even though i had backed him , i think Gragson Backed out as he didnt wana get wrecked the week before the final run off

Elliot and Bell look favourite for cup and gragson looks the one to beat in the xfinity

I can see Gibbs and Gragson getting in a battle with each other and neither go easy in a heated battle. I think Berry could end up winning it.

In the Cup series I certainly wouldn't rule out Chastain. That trackhouse team are pretty serious.

• Advertisement

The Xfinity race last night was a half decent watch. Just focusing on the championship 4 all race so was exciting enough.

Looking forward to the bigger Sprint Cup cars going around Phoenix, taking the short cut across the apron. Interesting rule about staying above the yellow line on restarts until the car crosses the start/finish line!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Uh, did we just lose NASCAR coverage this year following Viaplay's buyout of Premier Sports? I'm looking at the TV schedules and our Premier Sports 1 or 2 is NOT showing Daytona this weekend!

looks like ill be sticking to usa apps

when there on xtra - ex freesports itl likely be available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Ireland has lost NASCAR coverage because Premier Sports Ireland was'nt purchased by Viaplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Where is viaplay is it on sky

There is no Premier Sports website anymore but some TV listing sites have the '500' on Premier Sports 2 from early evening.

The schedule on the Sky planner has not been updated and is showing live Top14 Rugby. ..,we live in hope !

Premier Sports 2 EPG :421

Alex Bowman will start from pole - a good way to celebrate a multi year contract extension, with team mate Kyle Larson alongside him.

They ate locked into the race , the other 38 spots will be sorted out tonight in the fuel races.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

nascar europe is new not seen that on anything . but will stick to fox app or other usa apps etc for the main stuff

• Advertisement

I watched the two duels. Kyle Busch didn't get to finish but he has a car. Second race was very aggressive. Sundays race could be crazy.

Advertisement