Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chastain, Suarez, McDowell, Buescher, Reddick, Bell and the dark horse Gibbs. Gibbs has three road course wins in a season and a half in Xfinity. He held off Larson in one and the Dinger in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I would'nt be getting too excited about the 2 ex F1 lads,COTA represents their best hope of victory,but the "good ole boys" have certainly upped their game on the twisties in the past decade.

Yeah F1 drivers don't have an advantage at COTA. They have a better chance because they have experience of road courses but they are driving a stock car instead of an open wheel which is a whole lot different.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

trackhouse hasnt been going as good this year so i wouldnt consider them as favourites , Gibbs would need to step up on that xfinity 2 horse race where passing out was very tough , bowman may be another outside option . bell has been fast everywhere so should go well

Gibbs had to pass Larson and Allmendinger to win both of those races.

It's definitely different though and much tougher. Allmendinger is the best of them in my opinion, he never has the best car but still does it. I'd love to see him in a Hendricks to see what he'd do.

• Advertisement

Dinger n chastain are in the xfinity , bush and bowman in the trucks

Bowman also in the trucks and Gibbs in the Xfinity.

My pick for Sunday is Reddick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

There is no green and white chequer for the stages and the race runs green. Interesting race rule on the road course. Will they run this rule in the cup tomorrow?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I think it's for all road course races.

I like it because it was making a mess of the stages where if you tried to win the stage you had no hope of winning the race as bunches of cars came in with three laps to go. There's no danger of losing a lap on a pit stop.

This changes things completely and you really have to get the strategy right. Kyle Busch got it wrong in the truck race tonight and it cost him big, Zane Smith got it right and won.

No NASCAR on Viaplay channels?

• Advertisement

Ha, found a channel and they have Guenther Steiner on the Comms box team for TV coverage! 😂

have it on fox app . interesting race dont linke the no stage breaks much - 11/1 dinger too big so had a few quid on him

Dinger progressing well. Gas to hear Guenther reviewing lap times. It's not something you tend to hear on NASCAR.

I think Byron might win this one.

Reddick won it. I got it right.

where did u get that from - he was fastest all around

why did u predick him , he hadnt been doing much

He's been good on road courses, was close to winning that race last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

The 2 ex F1 lads were rubbish in my opinion,running outside the top 20 on a track that gives them the best chance of doing well is terrible.

They are driving stock cars, it's completely different to F1. The tracks are bumpy, you leave the track and drive over big rumblestrips. There's no dfs for overtaking and you don't get stuck behind slower cars for as long in F1. You don't get knocked around in F1 either.

• Advertisement

there showing some of the main race on viasports xtra now - the Picture quality is terrible compated to the fox one i watched the other night

I'll pick Kyle Busch tomorrow, he's got five wins at Richmond and 16 short track wins, next is Denny Hamlin on 10 and then Brad Keselowski on 7.

He's got a good car and starts second.

the way Byron is going its hard to rule him out of winning anything

Huge flip with barrel role by Perkins in Xfinity race this evening.

tjere was a lot of carnage in the race these xfinity races are not very enjoyable due to the amount of crashs

So far so good in this Talladega race. Very orderly racing. I reckon it'll get proper dicey before the end of stage 1.

a lot of lads will leave it alone till later id say

Ha Reddick, some move to get down and then spinning it. Luckily can keep going.

Edit: now Briscoe spins entering pit road. Yellow is out.

Now the fun begins.

It's about to get crazy now. I've no clue whose even going to contend for the win.

I thought Austin Hill might contend but he's been out the back all day.

• Advertisement

not been a great race and all hell will brake loose near the end , these superspeedways are not great - had a few quid on bell as anyone could win it

Advertisement