Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Supercharger network in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

Apologies if i missed this but is the super charger network in Ireland/Uk open to non tesla cars now? I know there was a pilot running with 1 site in the Uk and a few in the EU.. but has that changed?

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Two sites in Ireland are open, most remain closed thankfully.

Its in the app, you can filter for sites open to all tesla under "charge my non tesla". I think it's athenry and enfield thats open

thanks dont use public chargers often but nice to have more options when the need arises.. pity the durrow site isnt open as that's often empty when im there on the way to cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Some minor rebranding going on in the app, where it's now "Charge your EV", but exactly the same whereby Athenry and Enfield are still the only sites open to non Tesla owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

You can filter for open superchargers here also quite easily https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/findus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

Skopje has risen to the top in the current quarter of voting. Has its time finally come?

5 weeks is a long time to stay out in front.

Those votes don't mean anything its just a way to "monetize" engagement for free

I'd agree for any of the sites down the list. I think the ones that figure highly are considered as a valid indicator of demand for that area, even if they're not the outright winner. Bangor in North Wales didn't top the vote but was deemed a 'winner'. Nor did Thessaloniki, but after a couple of strong quarters it got the nod in Q3 last year. Both very welcome.

Would be great if the Maldron at the Ross Roundabout could be persuaded to host a charger. Would serve both the N11 and N25 and ticks the necessary facilities boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

What's this about? I've been to Częstochowa, a very important religious centre in Poland - the Lourdes of Poland you could say. Residents wouldn't be exactly flush with cash to buy Tesla's unlike those in nearby Katowice, Krakow or Wrocław which is further afield.

Having said that Skopje as beautiful as it is wouldn't have too many Tesla's floating about either.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

That would be a great spot, maybe 20mins from my house in the only direction that isnt currently supported by a SuC

There's a "Macedonian Gap" (450km) in the Tesla SuC network, between the last SuC coming from central Europe (Aleksinac) and the first SuC in Greece, currently Larissa, but Thessaloniki should be operational next year. So any Tesla driving to Greece has to go local to get across the gap. Chargers in Macedonia resemble the ECars network in Ireland 10 years ago, free but most only accessible by Makedonski with an RFID card when they're not ICED or out of order. There would also be a small population of Macedonians who work abroad and drive home. But I suspect most of the votes are coming from Greeks and people from other countries driving to Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Is there anyone here on the Polish Tesla Owner's Facebook Group? Has an orchestrated campaign recently started there to get the Polish SuC candidates to the top of the Q1 voting?

Until 2 or 3 days ago, the Polish sites were all outside the top 5, thousands of votes adrift, having averaged 300 votes or less per day during Jan/Feb. But for the past few days the Polish sites have been increasing by 2,000 per day. Having initially fought off a strong Romanian challenge and latterly a prolonged push by the Hungarians, it looks like Skopje is going to be knocked off the top.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Huge diaspora maybe?

I asked here and on facebook for spare votes for the Lithuanian site (when it was showing), and it did get a bit of a boost in numbers...

Definitely the diaspora numbers could account for the total number of votes, but wouldn't account for why the number of votes for Polish sites increased seven-fold in the past few days compared to the previous 70 days voting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Do we really think this influences Tesla's plans?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

The top 5 usually do get an SuC down the line somewhere, especially if they have a strong showing in multiple quarters. The need for an SuC at that location was probably already known to Tesla and sometimes the rollout timescales are so long as to be pointless (2026). For a small market like Ireland I don't think there's any point voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Update today, looks like it will be one of the 13 promised by the end of 2025. 3 still promised by the end of 2024

A pity they have chosen a town that also has an ecars and Ionity sites and is only 53km down the motorway from Ballacolla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Nice to see another site but feel like we need one in the NW of the country to cover that gap in the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

True, at least on the M8/7/1 corridor were getting to the stage where little to no planning is required when it comes to stopping (or not). As it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

This and the other future sites will be open to everybody so makes sense to build it where the competition also exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

If you're heading south from Dublin direction Cashel is a better stop as SOC is too high when you get to Ballacolla. Nice to have more options on where to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭talla

Again people have short memories.

This is just a re hash of an announcement from mid 2022 on this same thread but the timeline then for Cashel was Q1 2023

Yup, we all remember it, but there is a bit more belief that things will actually happen this time as they have someone now based in Ireland who’s sole responsibility is Supercharger deployment…. So we live in hope…

back then there was also a new Castlebellingham site which probably will not be needed as Tesla secured their long term tenancy in the existing Castlebellingham sites…

Dublin North also appeared back then too..

Yes but my point is they are not announcing new sites with this new person in Dublin, they are just re-releasing severly delayed old plans.

Tesla have not invested in the Irish Super Charger network in years.

Fair enough but Tesla in Ireland should be compared against the rest of the operators here. as a company they have not invested here. They were ahead of the curve until mid 2022 and then just stopped a roll out.

I'll admit my view is very biased against Tela at the moment 😃 (waiting 8 weeks for suspension parts to get my Model Y back on the road at the moment, will post the full saga when I hopefully get it back at the end of next week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ranleth

Planning my first "longish" road trip this weekend. I've a 2018 75D model S and charge at home. Based in Galway and so far have only done trips to Athlone and Limerick so haven't charged on the public network. Heading to Dublin I was planning on stopping at Enfield to top up on the way. Is it typically busy on Saturdays?

Advertisement