Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Supercharger network in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,423 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thought they were going to leave the access to toilets open, but probably a bit risky when nobody there.

Anyway stopped off at Coynes Cross, about as far as elderly parents in law could last from Wexford. Didn't need to charge tbtg, as 1 point (2 x CCS) was out of order. Other charge point was in use with one waiting. But services was pleasant and clean. A queue at Kill services on way home from airport, but car said I would get home with 10% so didn't wait.

Got home again with 9% after terrible driving conditions on return trip. 351 kms total. Apart from Ionity and SuC I wont even look in on the others in future, except for coffee and toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Newoven

Charged in Ballacola earlier today. I was fortunate to get a free pair of chargers on my side but opposite me a VW ID4 was parked in one bay while charging from another. I’m not sure if this is because the chargers are open or if it’s a Tesla owner using the app to charge another car. This is not a happy day though. Much as I’d like to be accommodating to fellow EV owners my patience will be sorely tested if they use two charging spots.

longer cables now please!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Ballacolla is not open for non Tesla owners, so I'm not sure how an ID4 was getting their electrons! Is there a workaround?

It might be helpful for everyone to avoid unhappiness at any Supercharger location if the parking bay furthest to the right (when facing the bank of chargers) was always sought out first by non Tesla owners and the last to be used by Tesla owners if other bays are available. That way when a car with the charging port on the drivers side reverses in, they will (potentially) only be taking one space up and not two.

This works at Athenry, but not Enfield. I'm not sure if it could work for other supercharger locations when (if ever) they open up for non Tesla charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Newoven

I don’t think using the rightmost would have worked for the ID4. Its charge port is back right so when it backs in it is the full width of the car away from the correct charger which is offset to the right rear of the parking space as you look at it. If it goes nose in then the charge port is on the correct side but is the full length of the car from the charger. The only option I think is to drive straight in and continue onto the grass to get the charge port close enough. Or longer cables.

if Tesla only open some of the superchargers then they could replace those cables surely? We’re not talking hundreds of cables here, just a few dozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I'm going to be passing Enfield later in my non Tesla, what do I have to do to charge at it?

Register on the app?

Park as courteous as possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭denismc

You just need the Tesla app and set up payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Waiting at Sandyford. All 4 chargers in use and one car in front of me.

Car helpfully telling me to consider navigating to a less busy charger. Unfortunately that is 52kms away in Enfield.

Tesla need to get a few more sites open in Dublin ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

On our travels over Christmas, like a lot of people I would say, and had to stop off in Belfast on Wed 4pm'ish. All three working chargers occupied and we arrived to be third in queue. Waited about 15mins in which time another three arrived. To be expected at this time of year in a city with a lot of people on there travels.

Topped up enough to get us to Castlebellingham which was quiet, so in for a bite to eat and then onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CivilEx

These photos were posted earlier in this thread and show the two furthest parking bays to the right on both sides.

These are the two parking spots in Athenry which work best for non Tesla owners where their charging port is located on the drivers side at the rear of the car. When reversing into one of these unmarked bays, only one charger is used and the others remain unaffected.

I don't think there are unmarked parking bays in Enfield though, which means non Tesla users end up (potentially) blocking a charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I charged in Enfield today, 6 stalls, a Tesla at either end stall 1 and stall 6.

I had to take up 2 spaces in the middle but even at the end I think I would have had to anyway

Apart from that, it was the most straightforward public charge I've ever done, much more user friendly than ionity, although applegreen isn't bad these days with a debit card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Some free CCS charging to be had in Athenry and Enfield SC’s for non Tesla’s over the next few days until January 6th.

https://twitter.com/teslaeurope/status/1741418822525964585?s=46

Post edited by joe1303l on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

A queue of 5 waiting when I finished my charge yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

Be glad they didn’t offer free SC there for non Teslas for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

I thought it was only the first charge that was free during the period?

Yes, first SC free as I understand but available all week until Jan 6th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

"They'll" be there to 100%!!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I pass the Tesla Enfield chargers daily, will check this morning and get back to ye. If it free charging until the 6th, I could charge my car free for the week and not need to charge at home at all(on the way home from work).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You only get 1 free session, and you have to do it before the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭innrain

Prices now 35/39 c /kWh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

And voting is open for a new round of superchargers.

Once again, there aren't any Irish candidates, so you might as well vote for Skopje :)

Right a bit, a bit further, no even further, down a bit, yep that's it.

Yeah, I’ve got 5 free votes, and there are no sites in Ireland or Lithuania to vote for, so I will happily offer out my votes for anyone to whom a votable site might be relevant to…

1. Skopje
    2. ?
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,164 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry if this was asked before, but anyone have trouble adding a payment method to the tesla app?

It won't accept my eircode in the zip code field, presume it's a region issue but my location is already set to Ireland from what I can tell.

if it won't accept an Irish format Zip, just use a random 5 digits... 12345 is Schenectady, New York.. just try that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Also just to note, there were no toilets or coffee facilities when I was charging during the weekday at Dublin. I put a post in the owners group. Another move towards cheap mass market bad service!

I want my jaffa cakes!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,164 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

That's really poor, wonder did someone make a mess or clear the place out one too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Those pesky new owners! Although in fairness there was nothing stopping folks just walking in off the street either. They should make it accessible behind the app or something

Sandyford is a bit of a joke shop now...

I was there in November and they've just made the SC waiting area a bit bigger, by removing the little office that was there (which I used on many occasions), there was no more of the standard fare they've always had... tea, coffee and a few biscuits (but at least they had milk)..

What did annoy me though was I was there twice in the space of about 8 days, and on both occasions there was no soap in the mens bathroom..

I don't really care about food/drink... but FFS at least have some basic hygiene standards..

I'm guessing the place becomes a hive of activity at night with Tesla Taxi's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭wassie

Yeah never any soap when Ive been there. And the free drinks/snacks was also going to get abused when its not monitored (by a human that is!).

Advertisement