Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Artane2002

not even a hint of sleetiness in the rain here in Dublin 5 :confused:

anyway, this week has been a shocker so far, it's looking better over the next few days at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Meanwhile in Baltinglass the air temp is 0.4 and the grass is beginning to turn a little white.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

It's frustrating how close we were to a real snow event here. :(

February Frog. You and Miss Piggy will be frolicking in the snow on the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Nice bit of snow on the hills around Killeshin to Rossmore area outside Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Moderate snow now Stepaside
    Cars turning white, but slush mess on grass!

Can see nice dusting on dublin mountains from back garden, only 50m higher than here but makes big difference in terms of sticking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

clearance here now in Dunshaughlin and blue skies appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

It's pretty heavy here now, fingers crossed it starts to stick 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

GL, are the actual conditions / metrics we are seeing giving you any pause to think that for some this might not just be a high ground event (I should say up to now I agreed with your view that this would be a non event). Things seem to me to be a bit more conducive to snow than the models suggested?

No, it's turning out as expected. Altitude counts for a lot, but lowest levels it's rain/sleet/slop. Sleety rain was all that fell in Tallaght, 100 m amsl.

540106.png
    540105.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Precipitation stopped here in (my part of) Dublin 16. 2.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zogabomb

Rain mixed with snowflakes now in Shankill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Some flakes now mixed in with rain in Shankill, we're only a few metres above sea level. Too wet to stick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

At 200m here just outside Wexford town and it's moderate sleet with some flakes thrown in

Edit : Snowing now

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Sleet turning to snow near Glen of the Downs

Proper snow here now and settling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,893 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Proper snow here now and settling.

Wheres here?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Wheres here?

200 mtrs asl near wexford Town I believe
    Still sleet here near Arklow but turning more towards wet snow now
    Currently 2.4c
    Dewpoint -0.2c
    Wetbulb 1.2c
    Edit sorry don't know milky pirates location except its in wexford

Forth mountain just outside Wex town 200m asl

2.2c in Arklow
    Dp -0.6c
    Wetbulb 0.9c

Still what I'd describe as light sleet falling
    Saw the bottom of the local hill here when it peeped out and its very white,that's at quite a low level
    Cannot see the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,893 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Forth mountain just outside Wex town 200m asl

Ah I know it well, my Grandfather is from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So for tonight a mix of scattered wintry showers - mostly sleet and wet snow I think.

anim_hze0.gif

nmm_uk1-41-17-0.png?20-16

Temperatures not too low but a little below freezing across much of Leinster later so if you're lucky enough to get a hail or snow shower there could be a temporary dusting by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

A nice double and reflection rainbow bow captured at Inishowen, Donegal today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonegalWeatherC/status/1351945337334870018/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Temperatures not too low but a little below freezing across much of Leinster later so if you're lucky enough to get a hail or snow shower there could be a temporary dusting by morning.

Nice frosty night here, be interesting to see if we get a little dusting after midnight in Galway.

No real intensity in those first showers, fizzling out as they make their way across Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭pauldry

Later on tonight there will be sleet and snow in many parts of North, Ulster maybe inland Sligo could see snow or dusting of hail

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

Check out Manchester on your Snapchat maps if you are not the jealous type

That's what we missed by a small margin today. Ah well. Onward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Check out Manchester on your Snapchat maps if you are not the jealous type

Looks very wet sort of snow. Not something we should feel that we are missing out on.

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Looks very wet sort of snow. Not something we should feel that we are missing out on.

Yeah just a video and the snow was wet underneath, the type that will melt as soon as it stops snowing. No thanks.

They do poorly for snow in that region anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Yeah just a video and the snow was wet underneath, the type that will melt as soon as it stops snowing. No thanks.

They do poorly for snow in that region anyhow.

There really isn''t anything as visual repulsive than wet slushy slush in a huge metropolitan area like that. Looks momentarily nice while it is falling, but the aftermath looks hellish as it begins to melt.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see video from Edinburgh over the next few hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement