Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show-Friday 15th January 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

People need to stop watching the Late Late. Unfortunately there are hundreds of thousands who still watch it every Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

"Remote control" guys and galls its in your hands, just switch channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Lost my father a few months ago, I should have switched off sooner. Tubs is a sadist.

Sorry for your loss Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

The Late Late Show - more like... The Sh*t Sh*t Show.

I know we always joke about the levels of misery p0rn week in week out, but I am in absolute disbelief and anger at that.

That interview should NOT have taken place. :mad:

It may be what Barry wanted though.

Part of my work involves supporting those who are grieving and the desire to speak can be overwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Is that Mailbag show still on!?

We really need to tell RTE to cop the **** on. That was terrible television. Dire, dire stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

I wonder how Barry is right now. Someone handed him a tissue so he isn't alone tonight at least.

That was recorded so he’s probably been watching something far more entertaining than the rest of us for the last couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Zeek12 wrote: »
    “Breaks my heart to see you like this”
    Tubs says. Disingenuous doesn’t even describe it.He’s reveling in it.

Gay Byrne could say something and you would believe he meant it. Never mind whether you liked him or you didn't like him, you believed he was genuine and the question was genuine. I just can't believe Tubridy. Every response feels like he's gone to a Lookup table in Microsoft Excel to see what the appropriate human response should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Lost my father a few months ago, I should have switched off sooner. Tubs is a sadist.

Sorry to hear that. Mine died 3 years ago. It does get better with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I call myself a girl and I'm just 60 I'll have ye know.

My mother is in her 70s and up to last March, regularly went for coffee, lunch, drinks etc. with 'the girls'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,325 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m in such a rage, I forgot to say ‘Not Cark!

It was ‘Not Cark’, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oh, the ending from Tubridy..makes my blood boil..

Mind yourselves, won’t ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Tubridy is an absolute leech. The false sincerity and exploitation of people's personal tragedies to further his own image is truly horrible. Including the damn Toy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know we always joke about the levels of misery p0rn week in week out, but I am in absolute disbelief and anger at that.

That interview should NOT have taken place. :mad:

I'm complaining - disgraceful show. Not just the one piece . The full show was about death or being fat

Gay Byrne could say something and you would believe he meant it. Never mind whether you liked him or you didn't like him, you believed he was genuine and the question was genuine. I just can't believe Tubridy. Every response feels like he's gone to a Lookup table in Microsoft Excel to see what the appropriate human response should be.

It is a shame that someone more at ease with others didn't do the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What purpose did the breakdown of a man on tv serve?

Weird weird show..RTE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I’m in such a rage, I forgot to say ‘Not Cark!

It was ‘Not Cark’, right?

Lucan

It may be what Barry wanted though.

Part of my work involves supporting those who are grieving and the desire to speak can be overwhelming.

On live tv - you serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

After tonights show lads, would it be a good idea to finally make a complaint to this ****ty show for its content, we all normally have a bit of craic on here watching it but i think tonight after Barrys interview just tops it off for me

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Just what the country needed, as if people are not feeling low enough with everything else going on, what a way to send people to their beds.... hang you're heads RTE and Tubridy

• Advertisement

I'm disgusted with tonight. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Wall to wall misery, increasing to a crescendo of grief before the midnight hour. All in the darkest time of the year, in the midst of a national crisis and at a time when a huge number of people are by themselves without a soul to find consolation, and without other distractions, and with bad news coming in online with every tweet. Christ, RTÉ, what is your purpose? Then a week or two later you will be shaking the box for Pieta House, but we'll be beyond that with the misery you are putting upon us. We gather as a nation to watch our national live broadcaster in some kind of hope of communion, after a fashion, and this is all that you deliver. RTÉ guide, I think it was, RTÉ anyway, recently said Irish people have an obsession with death & misery... when in fact it's the broadcaster that does.

It’s also knowing he’ll be gushing about how great the interview went on his radio show on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

juneg wrote: »
    If Barry wants to do this the least we can do is hear him out.

Maybe he thought he could handle it when he agreed but clearly he's not in any fit state to give interviews yet. I think Tubs or the producers should have advised him as gently as possible to postpone it.

sligojoek wrote: »
    My mother is in her 70s and up to last March, regularly went for coffee, lunch, drinks etc. with 'the girls'.

In your 70s, if you are in vigorous health, you are a girl unless you are of a different gender :D

Wishox wrote: »
    After tonights show lads, would it be a good idea to finally make a complaint to this ****ty show for its content, we all normally have a bit of craic on here watching it but i think tonight after Barrys interview just tops it off for me

How - Twitter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

That interview was wrong on so many levels.

Exploiting grief, fake sorrow from the host.

Also a lot of people are suffering with their mental health because of what's going on. That show would drive you to despair. May drive some.

If RTE really wanted to help, rather than putting on examples of how to wash our hands and forcing George Lee on us, they could but on a light entertainment show.

I need some Dolly Parton on BBC Four to calm myself down.

Jaysus, I never thought I’d be saying that!

Nos da.

walshb wrote: »
    What purpose did the breakdown of a man on tv serve?

Weird weird show..RTE!!

Nothing, absolutely nothing. Grief is a deeply personal and cathartic process, but that felt like eavesdropping in the worst possible manner. Wirebrush shower and bleach on the eyes after that tonight. I'm firing off an email to RTÉ to relay my disgust with the debasement of an "entertainment" show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Jaysus tough week, dry January. Glad I didn't bother watching tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Wishox wrote: »

I have every faith we will return to complete piss pulling next week.

Tonight was just extraordinarily hard watching

Advertisement