Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple things you struggle with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Tying knots in ropes to hold stuff on a roof rack or to tie down stuff in a trailer. My father was epic at it, he had all sorts of crazy knots he could deploy to fasten things down. They wouldn't budge an inch.

I should really look at youtube and learn some useful knots and techniques. Rachet straps have made it so easy, I haven't bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Putting on a condom.

feels like a bin liner , does it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

leahyl wrote: »
    For years I could rarely crack an egg into a frying pan without the yolk bursting and going all over the place - I think I've 'cracked' it now though :D

i see what you did there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Those 'Easy Open' packs of ham that I always end up cutting open with a knife

I recent years I keep a box cutter in the kitchen for these kinds of pesky jobs. Careful though, they are extremely sharp and will take the finger off you if your're not careful. Never been one for sharpening knives. Such a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Basic multiplication. Unless the number ends in a zero I really struggle. Thank god I have a calculator on my phone or I would have been sacked long ago.

• Advertisement

spelling....im pure terrible at it

Nouns/pronouns etc.....havnt even vagueist iota,what they are about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

leahyl wrote: »
    For years I could rarely crack an egg into a frying pan without the yolk bursting and going all over the place - I think I've 'cracked' it now though :D

I always crack an egg into a small glass dish first. Then tip it into the pan. No egg shell, & no burst yolk :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

opening the foil lid on yoghurt without ripping it down the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I can't shuffle cards, when playing games I always have to ask someone else to do it for me.
    I can't peel potatoes either (probably laziness) so I just bake or roast with skins on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This stresses me out to no end, pity there's no duvet cover changer service that comes to your door.

Anyway my one is sleep, although things are improving lately.

I have figured out a really quick way of doing this. You turn the duvet cover inside out and put your hands into it, grabbing a corner each (furthest away from the open end) and while maintaining that grip, pinch each corner that you're holding onto the two corners of the duvet closest to you. Make sure you've a firm grip of duvet and duvet cover in both corners then lift and shake the whole thing - the rest of the cover will just fall down over the rest of the duvet, which can then be buttoned. It takes me fifteen seconds :D

I can't reverse in a straight line.

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    I can't reverse in a straight line.
    Never mind reversing in a straight line, why would you need to reverse around a corner? I don't know why that's in the test. I haven't had to do it in 15 years of driving.

Never mind reversing in a straight line, why would you need to reverse around a corner? I don't know why that's in the test. I haven't had to do it in 15 years of driving.

I know! Of all the stupid things to do, you'd imagine they should fail someone for doing that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Understanding the human animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Skippyme

jaxxx wrote: »
    Understanding the human animal.

Same here - I mean men have their framework and stick to it thinking they are strong and independent, yet they all copy each other with macho crap bullying other men as they don't have the fortitude of their own conviction

Majority of men led by major influence of TM but I can't be led.

I just can't limit myself to that extent in case cos everything is unmanly ffs !

PG 1 especially* also 7 & 11

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042337

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs, pronoun's.

Yeah not a clue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Flossing. I just hate doing it. So I usually get a dentist cleaning every 3 ish months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The self destructive nature of the human condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I love these Gourmet Tart all-in-one meals but its an absolute head melt removing the cellophane wrapping, it never ever comes off cohesively. Gourmet Tart is a café/shop franchise with shops mainly based all around Galway city.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

This is hard for me. DIY.

There. I admitted it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Eating a meal just as its served - I need to 'fix' everything. Can't just eat it as it is. It annoys the hell out of me & makes me feel uncomfortable eating around others.

Example would be a simple Caeser Salad. I don't like the thick veins in the lettuce, so I'll cut them out & put them on a napkin or something to the side.

Then the rest of the leaves need to be cut down smaller.

The chicken needs to be cut into bit size pieces.

The bacon might end up being picked out if it's any way fatty & not crispy.

The croutons I feel won't stretch to every bite, so they need to be halved even though they are already small, & dry, & therefore difficult to cut.

It's probably about 10minutes before I've taken the first bite, & by then I'd nearly need a rest after all my hard work :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Punctuality

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Click my fingers.
    Make that weird clicking noise with my mouth to get a dog's attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Tell people apart, so many look the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Can't click my fingers.

Usually not the most punctual either...but then, punctuality isn't always the most simple of things.

Binge drinking. I'm fooked after 3 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmilyBClare

siblings

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

whistle, envious of those that can.
    struggle sometimes with left and right.
    the names of items - a dustpan in our house has become a "picker upper".
    being on time for an appointment then left waiting - arrgghhhhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Simple things I'm struggling with?

I can't go 5km from my residence without risking a fine or prosecution.
    I can't go for a coffee in a cafe, a pint in the pub, a movie in the cinema or holiday abroad.
    I can't meet friends or family or meet a woman for a romantic date.
    I can't go to work or see my colleagues.
    I can go on a bus or train without wearing a face nappy.
    I can't go for a walk without being screamed at by people wearing face nappies who get hysterical if anyone passes within 2m of them and believe all of this is necessary to save their miserable useless lives.

Apart from that I'm fine.

Realtine wrote: »
    whistle, envious of those that can.
    struggle sometimes with left and right.
    the names of items - a dustpan in our house has become a "picker upper".
    being on time for an appointment then left waiting - arrgghhhhh

I'm a bit like that with left and right. I have to think about which one feels more dominant and then I know it's my right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Banter. Always had a hard time with it.
    I'd rather have a good conversation on a topic, than 2 hours in the pub streaming my consciousness.

Also taking info in when it's described to me. It's much easier for me to take it in when i read it.

Advertisement