Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple things you struggle with

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I can't do that thing where you use the blade of a scissors to make a piece of ribbon go curly.

I can't apply fake tan evenly. It ALWAYS turns out patchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Dante

I can never say the word 'archive' correctly without having to consciously think about it first.

I usually pronounce it 'arch-hive' for some reason, it doesn't happen with any other word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

Changing down gears when coming to a stop with a car. I always just put neutral. Trying to break the habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

fussyonion wrote: »
    I can't apply fake tan evenly. It ALWAYS turns out patchy.
    You're definitely not the only one. Patchy fake tan seems to be very popular for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Can't tie my shoelaces, pass a driving test or butter toast.
    Also cannot dance, whistle, or click my fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I'm really bad at frying eggs :(

I either over-cook them, break the yolk or mess them up when flipping them in the pan...

No need to flip it over.

Use a desert spoon to scoop some hot oil from the pan over the yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

fussyonion wrote: »
    I can't do that thing where you use the blade of a scissors to make a piece of ribbon go curly.

Oh I love doing that thing with ribbon. So satisfying - the once every two years or something that I bother to do it :pac:

You can do it with a knife too, even a butter knife.

& I'd imagine it could be done with the edge of a spoon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I can't use the last bit of milk left in the carton.
    Or the last slice of cooked meat in a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Knowing when to start slowing down before coming to a stop or turning a corner while driving. I always time it wrong and slow down too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Can't figure out how the Classification system works in the Tour de France etc.
    How can they know X is 3 secs ahead of Y after so many stages and a few hundred miles ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I cant understand why some people dont like bovril.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Making tea! I don't drink it but no one will drink a cup I make for them.

It's not like I put the milk in first or anything, always ask how much milk & sugar a person wants but apparently it tastes rotten.

Even when friends come over (the good old days!) & I offer them a cup, they all say yes but only if they can make it.

Only remembered this as I was talking to a friend this evening saying I was getting bored & running out of things to do in lockdown & they joking suggested I could practice my tea making skills!

Genuinely baffled!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Roller window blinds.
    I just can't get the buggers to go up. Other people seem to have no bother - a quick tug and the thing retracts perfectly.
    With me every attempt just pulls it downwards further and further. I usually end up abandoning if hanging halfway down to the floor. Bastarding things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

The double dawn shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My OH says I eat like a chicken. This means I'm banned from eating anything crumbly or with lots of sauce in the living room in case the poor couch gets splattered with droplets or crumbs.

Also reaching around the back to wipe after a no.2. I'm not sure how people perfect that technique, I have to go under my legs to wipe.

I'm also useless at pool or snooker. My brain simply cannot work out what part of the ball I should aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm really struggling with not abusing people in shops with no mask or a mask pulled under their nose.

I also seriously struggle to believe that it is down to medical issues.
    If your breathing is that compromised, you probably should be out and about putting yourself at risk.

Perhaps someone will come on correcting me on this but I really struggle to believe this breathing difficulties stuff.

Advertisement