Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple things you struggle with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Left and right particularly if I am involved in other mental activity I have to take a few seconds get my bearings.

Not a huge problem until I'm driving and approaching something like a T junction or crossroads and someone shouts at the last second "LEFT" and my mind shuts down and inevitably I'll turn right.

I wouldn't mind but I have no issues with east and west.

AMKC wrote: »

I think poker is an evil game. Would never play it.

The game is utterly harmless, no more dangerous than ludo, it's the gambling which people think is an absolute necessity to accompany poker all the time is where the problem arises. If you have to do both, ie play and gamble, you can play with broken matchsticks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Bobblehats wrote: »
    The only true comedy in this life is spontaneous. And unintended

:confused: huh?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Greentopia wrote: »
    Remembering birthdays. Useless at it.

ditto.

if only there was a device or an app of some sort that you could programme in birthdays and have it remind you in advance or better still, would automagically send birthday greetings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

De Bhál wrote: »
    How many days are in each month. Bar 28 for February, I have no idea about the rest. As in, some have 31 some have 30 etc....

Just something I must have missed out learning when young.

This rhyme from childhood I still use
    30 days hath September
    April, June and November
    All the rest have 31
    Except February 28, but once in four
    February has one day more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

opening those little plastic bags for fruit n veg now you cant lick your fingers !

Go ahead and lick your fingers.

BREAKOUT!!

Carpe Diem, young rebel!

I’m 47, and I can’t read an analog clock. I understand the concept fine, but I can’t just look at one and instantly tell the time. Ive had a digital watch since I was 7, and I’ve never been in a position where I’ve had to rely on an analog clock to tell me the time.

So when you're told to turn something clockwise or anti-clockwise your head explodes?

:pac:

Pcgamer wrote: »
    Premature ejaculation. I'm not male.

You're obviously just too hot for your own good. Nobody can last more than a couple of seconds.

I can't drink alcohol with food. I just feel too full.

Wine with a meal, yes. Beer? Forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

When I'm playing cards I find it difficult to know the difference between clubs and spades. I know what they look like but I mix up the two names.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

When I'm playing cards I find it difficult to know the difference between clubs and spades. I know what they look like but I mix up the two names.

That reminds me of when I was a kid - there were 2 priests in our parish and I simply could not tell them apart. They did not look the same at all, I know that objectively now, but for the life of me I could not tell which one was which when they came into the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Blow drying my hair so it doesn’t look like worzel gummidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That reminds me. I cannot for the life of me use a corkscrew. I just end up with a pile of sawdust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Another one with the left right issue, it's like a second time delay in my brain where I have to think about it.

Completely fine as most times there's a chance to think in advance but put me in something like a fast pace exercise class or a dance class....disaster. I am the idiot turning the wrong way or not keeping up cos my brian can't do left/right quick enough!!

All the 'things' that go into the car - coolant, brake fluid etc. I don't know where each one has to go. I've been shown so many times & I keep forgetting.
    I know the window wiper one has a picture of wipers on it, but still I don't trust myself & I get other people to sort the car for me.

There's one thing that you can't open if the engine is hot, don't know what it is or what it does, but it has the fear in me to not go near anything even if the engine were off :pac:

I definitely shouldn't be a driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I definitely shouldn't be a driver

I wouldn't know how to fix a laptop, but I still use one. If anything went wrong with it, I'd bring it to someone who can fix it because I've no interest in learning how to do it myself. The same applies to people who aren't interested in car maintenance - the idea that everyone should know or care about what's under the bonnet is outdated - especially when manufacturers make everything in there so inaccessible nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Wet your fingers first

That's what she said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

I can't talk to girls.

Can talk to "regular" girls but if I'm single and it's someone I fancy I turn into a bleedering eejit. Will avoid talking to them then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

o1s1n wrote: »
    Changing the ****ing duvet cover!

The technique is: Put the duvet cover inside out. Put both hands inside it and hold the far corners. From there grab the duvet by the corners and pull it towards you. Done.

.anon. wrote: »
    I wouldn't know how to fix a laptop, but I still use one. If anything went wrong with it, I'd bring it to someone who can fix it because I've no interest in learning how to do it myself. The same applies to people who aren't interested in car maintenance - the idea that everyone should know or care about what's under the bonnet is outdated - especially when manufacturers make everything in there so inaccessible nowadays.

I think a driver should at least know how to put coolant into the car :o

But my comment wasn't just about not knowing those things. It was an add on to my previous posts about me not liking driving, & not being good with directions either.
    & now, not having the slightest clue of basic maintaining of the car :pac:

That's why I said i shouldn't be driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

On the duvet thing, yeah, putting it on inside out and pulling the duvet through is fine, but it's next to impossible on anything above a double. I had a Super King for a few years, and had to go with the taco method. And even then it was a struggle. I'm willing to put up with small strips of velcro all around the duvet if it made it easier to just open, place and close! Also, make sure your covers and duvet are the same size, lots of the issues come from different sizes and trying to either fit it in or make it fill up the cover.

For the driving, I thought you had to know where the different fluids go now? Is it not part of the theory test? Most caps have what they're for on them anyway. @Sinead, the one you don't want to go near is at the very front of the car under the bonnet, it's for the radiator which is usually at the very front behind the bumper. Take that off while the car is hot and it'll explode open with pressure and burn your [whatever is in the way]. Has a warning symbol on it!

Things I can't do easy: interact with people, social events, patience, fashion, empathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah I should clarify. I can talk to girls but I can't flirt with them or charm them.

Oh, can add that to my list too. Exact same. Had more female than male friends because of it, and a very short list of partners. Don't consider myself an incel though, I just couldn't be arsed these days! I'll take it if it's offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭onrail

I can't close cupboard doors in the kitchen after using them. Just can't

The wife has been close to divorcing me 4-5 times per year we've been married becuase of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So when you're told to turn something clockwise or anti-clockwise your head explodes?

:pac:
    Woah there , do you mean sunwise or widdershins ?

I've always with struggled grammar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Even pizza ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Time-zones get me.

Always takes me a moment to work out the time here vs. the time where ever else. Which isn't the best when you follow American sport.

For the driving, I thought you had to know where the different fluids go now? Is it not part of the theory test? Most caps have what they're for on them anyway. @Sinead, the one you don't want to go near is at the very front of the car under the bonnet, it's for the radiator which is usually at the very front behind the bumper. Take that off while the car is hot and it'll explode open with pressure and burn your [whatever is in the way]. Has a warning symbol on it!

Yep that thing that will explode is under the bonnet. I don't know what its for though. Some fluid has to go in it(only when the engine is cold) but I keep forgetting what fluid. I haven't forgot that one of the things can explode though! That part stuck in my brain.

I'm driving a few years and I can't remember if it is part of the theory test or even the test for the full licence to know those things. I actually don't think they ask about those things. Because I don't know them, & I've a full licence.

Time-zones get me.

Always takes me a moment to work out the time here vs. the time where ever else. Which isn't the best when you follow American sport.

Technically, shouldn't the time be the same everywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I think a driver should at least know how to put coolant into the car :o

But my comment wasn't just about not knowing those things. It was an add on to my previous posts about me not liking driving, & not being good with directions either.
    & now, not having the slightest clue of basic maintaining of the car :pac:

That's why I said i shouldn't be driving.

I wouldn't worry about not knowing how to maintain a car. As long as you get it serviced regularly, you shouldn't have to do any of those things. Apart from the screenwash, if any fluids regularly require topping up, it might be indicative of a bigger problem, so it's sometimes better to have zero knowledge than a little bit. As I have learned to my cost.

Advertisement