Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Non-Draft question. I haven't really watched much wrestling the last couple of years, especially since Sky Sports lost Raw & Smackdown but I hadn't enjoyed WWE for quite a while before that. Where & when is AEW on TV over here? NFL season is almost over and with the Draft on I wouldn't mind giving it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Non-Draft question. I haven't really watched much wrestling the last couple of years, especially since Sky Sports lost Raw & Smackdown but I hadn't enjoyed WWE for quite a while before that. Where & when is AEW on TV over here? NFL season is almost over and with the Draft on I wouldn't mind giving it a look.

ITV4 have Dynamite on a Friday night, usually around 11.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Ah Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Best laid plans..
    thought she'd last at least one more!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry lads :P

Was toing and froing on it but I've never had her in the draft before so I pulled the trigger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Necro wrote: »
    Sorry lads :P

Was toing and froing on it but I've never had her in the draft before so I pulled the trigger

Like I suppose that's fine

Seriously nervous now about this round

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 4 up... just in case things pick up this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fortunate with the picking order so far.....won't last long. :D

Fortunate with the picking order so far.....won't last long. :D

Yeah over the first four rounds your average placing is 6.5 - which is really, really good! (Though probably not for the average order round :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah over the first four rounds your average placing is 6.5 - which is really, really good! (Though probably not for the average order round :pac: )

Anything 8.5 or below is usually a sign of a good draw.

• Advertisement

Remind me how many rounds is there and how many shows are we writing?

Will probably need a link to the previous year just so I can get a grasp of what is done. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was tough.

Delighted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

SlickRic wrote: »
    That was tough.

Delighted though.

Love that trio, such a smart way to bring in some many different main event level possibilities with all 3 from either direct match, mentorship angles, manager angles. Excellent pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Sorry for delay, just had to check something with Necro.

These guys were on my list and after seeing the round 4 stip and where I was, I couldn't chance them not making there way down to me.

Will send the PM off now

Shagnastii has me very much intruiged with his roster so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lads I’m give you the heads up on my intentions in a couple of picks.

I must say it’s definitely injecting a lot of fun into it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

NOW DISCO INFERNO!!!!! NOW’S YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE AND BECOME THE TRUE HERO OF PW BOARDS!!!!

Sorry folks, I’m telling you all know that my first place vote has already been secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Eh excuse you Crab.

Disco is already a PW boards legend.

....He’s mine anyway :D

Should have my pick up in about a half hour. Doubt I can compete with Disco though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I have unironically enjoyed Disco Inferno on my podcast (@WCWThunderPod on twitter) but jaysus I never imagined he would be drafted in the third last never mind third round of the draft. Go watch Halloween Havoc 98 and you'll see Disco at his best in 2 very enjoyable matches

Great picking Shag and can't wait to see what your final roster ends up being

• Advertisement

I actually got Disco Inferno as a 'dud' pick in my very first draft - one of the stips was to pick a mystery box or something like that along with your normal pick.

Had so much fun with him I actually drafted him for reals the following year :D

NITRO95 wrote: »
    I have unironically enjoyed Disco Inferno on my podcast (@WCWThunderPod on twitter) but jaysus I never imagined he would be drafted in the third last never mind third round of the draft. Go watch Halloween Havoc 98 and you'll see Disco at his best in 2 very enjoyable matches

Great picking Shag and can't wait to see what your final roster ends up being
    The Keepin It 100 lads are an entertaining podcast; half take piss half legitimate and alternative criticism.

I listen to them more now than I would of Conrad's fleet of podcasters.

I actually got Disco Inferno as a 'dud' pick in my very first draft - one of the stips was to pick a mystery box or something like that along with your normal pick.

Had so much fun with him I actually drafted him for reals the following year :D

Yes teh Simpsons themed draft.

The Box....The Box.

My round 3 and round 4 picks are still available.... I missed this nervous excitement.

Goldberg was the other name I had in my mind beside Becky, two very different paths I know :)

Was sort of hoping he might slip into Round 4 but knew it wasn't very likely :D

Goldberg was the other name I had in my mind beside Becky, two very different paths I know :)

Was sort of hoping he might slip into Round 4 but knew it wasn't very likely :D

Had Big Billberg in my first draft and I enjoyed him. Has star power, even to this day hes booked strong and will be a nice contrast to the others in your fed Brad.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Yes teh Simpsons themed draft.

The Box....The Box.

Ah that was my first year in the draft and got Captain Lou (I think was his name?) who ended up being my Manager of my Anoa'i Family stable!

Dayum....Vader was one of the deviants I had shortlisted for the next round.

Mind you given my placing and barring Walt and me being mind melded I think I'll get my no. 1 pick. :D

Love the Vader pick, brings legit toughness to any roster. Super flexible to use too. Happy to have Goldberg, don't think I've ever used him before. I almost took Batista instead of Bryan in round 1 so happy that Bill should fulfill a similar role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and pm sent.

Delighted to get Terry Funk and have multiple ideas and directions I can go with him

Advertisement