Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just refunded also.

Did you try and add engraving?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Payment notice received, €6.29 VAT and €5 clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Mine was just refunded

Did you get an email confirming this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

lawred2 wrote: »
    Did you try and add engraving?

No engraving. One Gel pen- the Ferrari ones. €19 including postage

swingking wrote: »
    Did you get an email confirming this?

Nothing bar spam emails on 35% discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

My €26 order payment is still pending from my aib account

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No engraving. One Gel pen- the Ferrari ones. €19 including postage

Was it a refund or a release of previously held funds?

Funds can get automatically released after a length of time if a transaction doesn't complete. Doesn't necessarily mean that the order was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got through to CS. The guy said the engraved pen I ordered is out of stock. He said the best thing to do is cancel the complete order and put through a new one :rolleyes:.

The problem is now if I order today for a birthday gift I don't think it will arrive in time :confused:

Just tried to look at putting through similar pen order

Subtotal €53.50
    15% discount - New Customer -€8.03
    Shipping (Pens & Accessories - Standard (5 - 7 Working Days)) €4.99

Est. Total €50.46

Plus the Irish VAT & Import charges I'm guessing around €70 total for the pen

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Two orders, one on 5th one on 6th. Neither engraved. Order from 5th shipped this morning. Payment still pending for both (AIB).

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

Just got another email and SMS advising of delivery and still no mention of customs or VAT. Is this unusual or will they just tell the missus when she answers the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I just spoke to customer service and they have informed me that they are putting all orders on hold for shipping due to the Brexit import charges. They have been contacted by people looking for refunds on import duty. They said it could be another month before they ship remaining orders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Three seperate orders placed on 4th haven't budged. All three are under €22 but probably on hold now which is a PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I just spoke to customer service and they have informed me that they are putting all orders on hold for shipping due to the Brexit import charges. They have been contacted by people looking for refunds on import duty. They said it could be another month before they ship remaining orders

I got my tracking number but status with mine is at waiting to hand over to DHL, payment taken so not sure where it will end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭positron

If I ever get this pen deliverd, I will pay the fees and will keep it forever as my "brexit momento" and as a reminder to NOT to buy anything from UK ever again until they join EU again (and I have been buying online since 2001 or so, mostly from UK)!!

An appropriate reminder for the diabolic uncontrolled dysentery that it has been since 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

Can confirm, no extra charge on order of €37 for 2x pens. Package delivered to the wife this morning and nothing even said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

My order arrived this morning after I paid the duty fees yesterday. While the price is still very good for the pens I got, I have definitely learned my lesson when it comes to trusting companies that their website is an Irish one!

positron wrote: »
    If I ever get this pen deliverd, I will pay the fees and will keep it forever as my "brexit momento" and as a reminder to NOT to buy anything from UK ever again until they join EU again (and I have been buying online since 2001 or so, mostly from UK)!!

An appropriate reminder for the diabolic uncontrolled dysentery that it has been since 2016.

Never buying from the UK like Amazon uk again until they are back in the EU,?

I don't believe you... - Ron Burgundy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Amazon, understandably, have adapted as required and I have made a few small value orders in recent days. Delivery times have taken a knock but that's to be expected

Many of the other UK based companies I regularly order from have not adequately preparred for the sh1tshow that has ensued so will not be ordering from any of them for the foreseeable

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. We, the consumers suffer accordingly

I have amazon uk gift card to use, itll be spent solely on books to my kindle until things settle down

lawred2 wrote: »
    Was it a refund or a release of previously held funds?

Funds can get automatically released after a length of time if a transaction doesn't complete. Doesn't necessarily mean that the order was cancelled.

It says reverted. I paid it on the Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

Placed two orders on January 3rd. Not a word from Cross about them. Rang customer service today. Took a couple of tries to get through. Spoke with a pleasant lady called Veronica and within 10 minutes of the call, I was refunded for both.

I had emailed last week and had got no response so I would recommend to call if you wish to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Thanks Mr Edge

539084.jpeg

I have amazon uk gift card to use, itll be spent solely on books to my kindle until things settle down

actually many items on Amazon UK are now cheaper - UK VAT on products with a pre-vat cost of 20£ or under will be removed without Irish VAT being added (Until July)

e.g. UK item with 20% Vat priced at £23,88 now less than £20

What is annoying that you can't buy some items anymore - e.g. coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

just a warning if anyone ordered the gift set.

I just tried to open the ink well that was part of the set to fill the pen and the lid/ cap was stuck fast and very hard to open, i exerted a much force as i could and the lid snapped off .

The glass top snapped off not just the eplastic cap, a lot of ink around and a bit of a clean up, the ink well cannot be closed and i will have to discard.

i think the issue is that the box might have been sitting a while and the ink created a glue and sealed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

just a warning if anyone ordered the gift set.

I just tried to open the ink well that was part of the set to fill the pen and the lid/ cap was stuck fast and very hard to open, i exerted a much force as i could and the lid snapped off .

The glass top snapped off not just the eplastic cap, a lot of ink around and a bit of a clean up, the ink well cannot be closed and i will have to discard.

i think the issue is that the box might have been sitting a while and the ink created a glue and sealed it up.

This BA is awesome. Like a suspense thriller with all the plot twists. Netflix will make a mini series out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

1st order (under 22e) arrived without additional charge (as expected) today - very pleased with my bargain, thanks OP!
    2nd order (gift set c. 95e, incl. engraving) has neither shipped nor been refunded, which is fine with me as its for a birthday next month. I'll wait patiently - sounds as if Cross are trying to get a handle on the export changes before fulfilling some orders.

Agree with Jayjbe, I look for this thread for updates every time I open boards, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Not seen any other comms since Order Conf mail on Tue, 5 Jan, 10:45 (6 days ago)..

Money still 'pending' in Revolut €26 but hasn't been reverted so hoping it may go through?

Couldn't get anything in the order 'tracking' and foolishly placed order as a guest so doesn't appear in order history.

Silly good BA...hopefully it comes through as I'd been fairly looking forward to posh pens for the home office!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

It says reverted. I paid it on the Revolut.

Don't worry about "reverted by Revolut", so was mine and it has shipped today.

It has also been "unreverted by Revolut" :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Mine just arrive. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Manchgreen

Mine has arrived, order value €30.25, ordered on the 02nd Jan. No customs or vat charged. Thanks a million OP.

Advertisement