Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

swingking wrote: »
    I've still had no update on the shipping of my both pens ordered on the 1st. I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of communication tbh.

Puts me off buying from this company again.

I've two orders - one on the 1st and another on the 5th

silence on both fronts

• Subscribers Posts: 41,003 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

My pending transaction seems to have disappeared from my AIB account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Ordered on the 1st and haven’t heard a word

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ok, just FYI. When it is on delivery and charges paid you can access the Tax documents on the DHL website. On mine there are 4 - 2 pages of customs entry, 1 commercial invoice and 1 entry summary. On mine the entry summary is wrong, it shows duty amounts and an incorrect total.
    The entries are correct and it is great to see them as it might help people understand the work that goes into doing these....€5 is very cheap for this, I have to say.

Anyway, the reason the VAT is all over the place, is because Cross took the UK VAT off, then DHL added on the Irish VAT. Thats how €36.25 became €6.29. The actual amount for VAT was €29.96. Mystery solved, Scooby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well that's annoying. I placed an order on the 5th, got confirmation. Have checked my card and can't see any payment to Cross. I checked the order number on their site and it's as if it doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

My experience is that I received a mail from cross to say it was out for delivery with dhl
    When I tracked the package on the dhl site , I was advised to contact dhl express
    When I spoke to cs , lady advised that the delivery was interrupted and looked like cross had suspended delivery, she advised to contact cross
    Having done that I spoke with a lady who said she has to speak to her manager and will email me
    That’s where it stands for me

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

with all this talk of Pens, we need a good paper BA now..

had to order some from amazon while i wait for it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

My second order is no longer pending on my bank account, cancelled by Cross inside the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My second order is no longer pending on my bank account, cancelled by Cross inside the last hour

It may reappear. Happened me with revolut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

It may reappear. Happened me with revolut

Doubtful I think... Same pattern as my first order... but I live in hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I just spoke to CS and they informed me that if the order hasn't been shipped yet, then it will be cancelled.

Sorry guys…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Ordered 4th Jan, radio silence since then. As of yesterday the transaction was still pending on my account...

Reading this thread, it's clear the company was aptly named... :D

dakar wrote: »
    Order value €37.78
    Customs Duty €0.00
    Irish VAT €6.56
    DHL fee for collection of same €5.00

Like a lot of others on here, this has been an eye opener for how the post Brexit world works. I’ll certainly be keeping a closer eye on where I’m buying from and how VAT is being handled.

A fiver DHL fee isn’t the end of the world on an impulse bargain buy where I still did very well, but whatever about a few cents in VAT/duty, courier collection fees will be a PITA on cheap AliExpress or Wish impulse buys in the future.

the big platforms in China like aliexpress will move to pre-charging Irish VAT come July when the 22 euro limit exemption goes.

they already do this with other countries.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

swingking wrote: »
    I've still had no update on the shipping of my both pens ordered on the 1st. I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of communication tbh.

Puts me off buying from this company again.

I just rang and was told that one of the pens on my order is Out of Stock for another 2 weeks but the full order will be shipped then..

I asked them to just drop that one item but he couldn't..
    The lack of communication and different information is frustrating..

Case of being patient lads. They are only pens. And I doubt that many of us are stuck for them nor have we stuck a whole lot into them given all the discounts.

It's unlikely that they'll just cancel a pile of orders. That's an administrative pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

lawred2 wrote: »
    Case of being patient lads. They are only pens. And I doubt that many of us are stuck for them nor have we stuck a whole lot into them given all the discounts.

It's unlikely that they'll just cancel a pile of orders. That's an administrative pain.

It's the excitement of getting pens we didn't know existed 10 days ago, that's the point!!!

I, for one, can not WAIT for my R2D2 fountain pen.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Shlippery wrote: »
    I, for one, can not WAIT for my R2D2 fountain pen.

:pac:

Me too. Got the R2D2 rollerball & notebook for Christmas so the fountain pen will finish it off nicely

More concerned about the €75-80 Tech3+ ordered for <€21 as a present though

I just got the first DHL shipping notification...

fdevine wrote: »
    Me too. Got the R2D2 rollerball & notebook for Christmas so the fountain pen will finish it off nicely

More concerned about the €75-80 Tech3+ ordered for <€21 as a present though

If it's the red one then it's out of stock, that's what is holding up my order...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Just got a DHL delivery notification for an order tomorrow. Not sure whether it's for refills @ €14 that were ordered on the 2nd or engraved pen @ €39 ordered on the 1st. No charges due at the moment so expect its for the refills. No point having refills if I'm not going to get a pen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

mik_da_man wrote: »
    If it's the red one then it's out of stock, that's what is holding up my order...

Ah FFS.......red transluscent one......

Was in a seperate order though. I made three individual orders and no word on any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Just received DHL notification for order from the 6th, my one from the 4th obviously got cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Notification of delivery for tomorrow via text & email.
    Ordered 2nd Jan, ~€18, no engraving.

Hadn't had any communication since placing order

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Haven't heard anything since the 1st and unfortunately I've convinced myself I need a nice pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

I ordered on pen for about €15 (stacked the discounts) on 5th Jan (Tuesday last week).
    DLH text rec'd a few mins ago - delivery due before 6pm tomorrow.
    Tracking info is as follows (I'll post again to (hopefully) confirm receipt and thank the OP):

Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL : Monday, January 11, 2021 at 09:00
    ShipperAT CROSS LTD
    Shipper addressUnit 14 Windmill Trading Estate Thistle Road LUTON Thistle Road LUTON LU1 3XJ
    Pick up11 Jan 2021
    Estimated delivery13 Jan 2021 before 6pm
    Pieces1

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Haven't heard anything since the 1st and unfortunately I've convinced myself I need a nice pen.

Don't give up hope.
    I ordered on the 1st, order total 20.50. just got a text from DHL due for delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got. Notification of 2 orders from DHL . Not sure what they are. Ordered 3.one over 22 euro.
    No notification of charges

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DroidJoi

Got a shipping notification from Cross but the DHL link just states "Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL".

Called Cross earlier about my order. They are aware that we will be charged VAT. CS stated that it wouldn't be much for my order in comparison to retail prices... As the value of the goods are very good even after the charges. Was asked if I want to cancel instead.

In fairness, the products are worth a lot more than we are paying. So some people will appreciate the products while other who probably wouldn't have purchased if the prices weren't so low will find it expensive.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Still nothing here. Ordered two engraved pens on 01/01 and 05/01. Haven't heard a thing since. Money hasn't reverted so I'll take that as a positive.

• Advertisement

fdevine wrote: »
    Ah FFS.......red transluscent one......

Was in a seperate order though. I made three individual orders and no word on any of them

Yep that's the one.

I just got a notification of one other order placed on the 5th under the 22 quid, same as others, due on the 11th, no mention of charges.

Advertisement