Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

markad1 wrote: »
    Checked my avant card and it shows location Ireland for the transaction.

Same for me, transaction has been posted as Ireland. Hope that means that a) there will be no additional taxes or charges applied and b) I get my order, ie it doesn't get cancelled for having stacked multiple discount codes.

If all goes well, I'll be delighted with my bargain, thanks Mr_edge!

ETA customer service told me that there would be a delay on shipping, c. 12 days as they have had a deep clean in their warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Rang Cross talked to a gentleman named Steve he said same thing warehouse had a covid outbreak hence the delay , orders being processed and they use DHL for delivery and as regards vat dutys etc he said price you see is price you pay :-)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Out for delivery today. €56 order

Your DHL Express shipment with waybill number 539****** from AT CROSS LTD has arrived in the country and cleared customs. There is import duty/tax and an advance payment fee due on your shipment. The amount is EUR 14.84.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sirtoyou wrote: »

Your DHL Express shipment with waybill number 539****** from AT CROSS LTD has arrived in the country and cleared customs. There is import duty/tax and an advance payment fee due on your shipment. The amount is EUR 14.84.

Cross better refund UK VAT then. My order is for a similar amount. Did you stack discount codes?

I'm getting nothing when I try and check order status. https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/order-status

Money hasn't been refunded to paypal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Quelle surprise

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    Cross better refund UK VAT then. My order is for a similar amount. Did you stack discount codes?

I'm getting nothing when I try and check order status. https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/order-status

Money hasn't been refunded to paypal though.

Yes stacked all the codes, 4 gift sets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Can this be paid online do you know? or is it cash only?

swingking wrote: »
    Can this be paid online do you know? or is it cash only?

I paid online via DHL link sent by sms and email

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Did you get a breakdown of how the amount was calculated?

Was it VAT at the rate in Ireland and did they add any additional "processing" charge or fee?

Did you get a breakdown of how the amount was calculated?

Was it VAT at the rate in Ireland and did they add any additional "processing" charge or fee?

€9.84 vat at import (tx)
    €5 payment deferment risk

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info.

The payment deferment risk charge is a bit steep at €5 to put it mildly!!

I'm going to reroute my order of €66 to my sister who lives in County Antrim and I'll pick it up after the end of the current lockdown.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks for the info.

The payment deferment risk charge is a bit steep at €5 to put it mildly!!

Thats cheap. Their normal Clearance charge is €12.50-15.00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thats cheap. Their normal Clearance charge is €12.50-15.00

Yeah I'm surprised at that. For DHL it is normally €14.50 or 2.5%, whichever is the larger value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

My revolut account is showing the transaction as "reverted".

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cd23

I received my delivery notification from DHL. My order was €25.60 with delivery . DHL haven't asked or advised that I owe additional taxes thou

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

I used 4 discount codes stacked. Got a tracking number today due for delivery on Monday. Order was for about 33. No mention of customs charges yet, I assume that will happen when it arrives in Ireland.

Also just checked PayPal and money taken, no sign of a refund so seems to be still coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

For those that received delivery info, when did you order?

I received order confirmation on Jan 5th but zero Comms since. I can't log in either and the password reset doesn't seem to work so I can't view any updates via the site.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Just received email saying that my other orders from cross are with DHL and due to be delivered Monday. Nothing showing on my credit card yet. A bit weird as I definitely put in the right details.
    As already mentioned I was not charged any extra when first order was delivered today. Will wait and see if charges are processed over the weekend.
    All orders for under €22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

handofdog wrote: »

I received order confirmation on Jan 5th but zero Comms since. I can't log in either and the password reset doesn't seem to work so I can't view any updates via the site.

Thanks.
    Ordered on the 1st Jan, no confirmation of dispatch yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

First of my orders reverted to revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The pending charge on my bank account has vanished.

My order was only 20 quid so not a big one.

Looks like it was cancelled.

I ordered 2nd Jan and got DHL tracking today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Ordered 2 pens ..2 separate transactions over 2 days...the first one has been cancelled by Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

handofdog wrote: »

Thanks.

Ordered on the 2nd. Received today delivery notification for Monday the 11th.
    Order value €21

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Any cancellation emails or are the payments just reverting? Bought 2 myself on 01/01 and 06/01. Haven't heard anything about either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭event

Ordered on the 1st.

Nothing since, checking order status does Nothing. Order value was €27.60, used two codes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bit of a joke of a company, my order appears to be cancelled, I've received no notification if it has or not, the confirmation number is not being recognised, I didn't create an account. It's one of those things you remember when a company goes under for being run in to the ground, good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bit of a joke of a company, my order appears to be cancelled, I've received no notification if it has or not, the confirmation number is not being recognised, I didn't create an account. It's one of those things you remember when a company goes under for being run in to the ground, good riddance.

The order lookup function has never worked for me..

Advertisement