Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DroidJoi wrote: »
    Got a shipping notification from Cross but the DHL link just states "Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL".

Called Cross earlier about my order. They are aware that we will be charged VAT. CS stated that it wouldn't be much for my order in comparison to retail prices... As the value of the goods are very good even after the charges. Was asked if I want to cancel instead.

In fairness, the products are worth a lot more than we are paying. So some people will appreciate the products while other who probably wouldn't have purchased if the prices weren't so low will find it expensive.

They took off the UK VAT, so they add Irish VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Haven't heard anything since the 1st and unfortunately I've convinced myself I need a nice pen.

Everyone needs one!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Everyone needs one!

Or 6... This might be the bargain alert of the year, if they ship them out soonish.

Got an email from another English company I found here in BA, apologising for how long things are taking. Warehouses are completely screwed atm. Gotta feel sorry for the workers, trying to deal with all the orders and enquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

swingking wrote: »
    I've still had no update on the shipping of my both pens ordered on the 1st. I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of communication tbh.

Puts me off buying from this company again.

I ordered the 1st January, i emailed 4 times nit as much as a response, just emailed Paypal now told them to cancel it and refund me

Wouldn't deal wit them again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

torrevieja wrote: »
    I ordered the 1st January, i emailed 4 times nit as much as a response, just emailed Paypal now told them to cancel it and refund me

Wouldn't deal wit them again

They are pretty quick to answer on the UK number, couldn't get through on the Irish one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

€100 order on the 4th, order confirmed straight away but nothing since. Paid with PayPal, no refund showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Hi there - We are currently experiencing delays longer than usual. Your order is currently processing and should be fulfilled shortly. We deeply appreciate your patience and patronage as we work to minimize any disruptions in our service to you. If there is anything else we can help you out with please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

AT Cross

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

3 orders, all reverted - including one ordered by selecting Germany as the website and posting to Berlin. A shame as they would have made lovely presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DroidJoi

3 orders, all reverted - including one ordered by selecting Germany as the website and posting to Berlin. A shame as they would have made lovely presents.

I'd still be hopeful unless you got a cancellation/credit memo from Cross.

Payments are sometimes automatically reverted after a certain time period. The funds will be taken again once the order is processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mines still at waiting to be handed over to DHL from the 9th when I got notice it had shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I put in an order for €70 worth of pens... not my ideal pens or anything, but it's what they had in stock. Still at processing stage with no reversion to Paypal yet.

It was extremely good value, and extremely generous of them to stack coupon codes... and I wouldn't begrudge them cancelling orders if it was a mistake. No matter how cool it would have been to show up to the office after COVID with an engraved pen, I will survive without it if it doesn't come. No harm, no foul in my book, and I'd be more likely to buy a Cross pen I do want in the next few months. They do have some cracking pens!

I would take issue if they cancel claiming it's fraud rather than their own mistake. Not that'd they'd miss my custom much, but alternative brands are available, and I'd probably buy one of them off Amazon eventually.

I do take issue with them if they start pretending they don't understand how VAT to an EU country now works, especially as they have been a supplier of corporate gifts for years and UK guidance on VAT is clear. A CS rep on the phone might not know, but collecting VAT that isn't due is not suddenly legal in the UK because we're in the EU and they're not. If I'm eventually charged customs/Irish VAT on the pens, I'll probably raise a case via paypal about the UK VAT- don't even know if they'll entertain it.

(Edit: deleted a pointless bit about them having a .ie domain. As pointed out by others, they don't! The dangers of a late night rant!)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

They don't have a .ie domain

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Wolftown

Just had a look at trustpilot, and don't fancy my chances of receiving anything after reading reviews.

Vast majority are recent and are complaining about not receiving orders. 1.7/5 stars...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wolftown wrote: »
    Just had a look at trustpilot, and don't fancy my chances of receiving anything after reading reviews.

Vast majority are recent and are complaining about not receiving orders. 1.7/5 stars...

People here are taking deliveries.. keep the faith.

Covid and Brexit would be trying times for any distributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Ordered on the 5th Jan. Hold has gone from bank account and refunded. Only used the one code. Came to €53.

Fairly bad form - not even a cancellation email.

lawred2 wrote: »
    People here are taking deliveries.. keep the faith.

Covid and Brexit would be trying times for any distributor.

One of my orders due today, a small one under the duty threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Order from the 2nd delivered today. Still no movement or word on order from the 1st.

No point receiving a packet of 6 refills today if I haven't received my pen yet.. or may never receive it!

KNS wrote: »
    Ordered on the 5th Jan. Hold has gone from bank account and refunded. Only used the one code. Came to €53.

Fairly bad form - not even a cancellation email.

holds get automatically released after certain lengths of time

means little for your transaction

mik_da_man wrote: »
    One of my orders due today, a small one under the duty threshold.

same

first of my two due today

silence on the second

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Lucifer wrote: »
    They don't have a .ie domain

Late night rant - you're right. Thanks for the correction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Still not update on my order.

I guess I'll be sticking with my modified Mont Blanc/ Pilot pen

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

holds get automatically released after certain lengths of time

means little for your transaction

There’s still hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Out curiosity has anyone received an engraved pen yet or got any kind of notification on one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

^ Nope.

Order placed for engraved Classic Black Century Lacquer Fountain pen + ink on 3rd January. Got order confirmation email straightaway.
    Revolut reverted payment (normal practive, Cross can claim it again when they need to).
    No futher communication to date.
    I am guessing it's going to come thru in a few weeks.
    It doesn't matter if it doesn't come thru - If I ever wanted to "reassure my own importance to myself", I have a fancy "mont blanc" collecting dust somewhere (useless gift from employer).
    I might order couple of cheap fountain pens and ink from AliExpress - just to let kids experience writing with fountain pens.

positron wrote: »
    I might order couple of cheap fountain pens and ink from AliExpress - just to let kids experience writing with fountain pens.

I was thinking it was getting like AliExpress - Order and forget about it, when it turns up its a nice surprise :D

fountain pens are an abomination

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

positron wrote: »
    r).
    Pilot V are great for them to start with they write better than a lot of supposed upmarket brands. Lamy Al stars are very good if you want to get something refillable.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pilot-Pen-Disposable-Fountain-Black/dp/B002XZLVCG
    fountain pens are an abomination
    I take it you're left handed! :P
    My writing is terrible and I still quite like using one. My 11 year old daughter tried out her BB8 one from Cross for the first time even she said it's nice there's something very satisfying about using it. Her writing is excellent and she's very good at drawing so she hopefully can make better use of it than me!

first of mine arrived

tis lovely - great value for €17

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got mine today as well. no issues, great pen for €11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

I ordered on pen for about €15 (stacked the discounts) on 5th Jan (Tuesday last week).
    DLH text rec'd a few mins ago - delivery due before 6pm tomorrow.
    Tracking info is as follows (I'll post again to (hopefully) confirm receipt and thank the OP):

Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL : Monday, January 11, 2021 at 09:00
    ShipperAT CROSS LTD
    Shipper addressUnit 14 Windmill Trading Estate Thistle Road LUTON Thistle Road LUTON LU1 3XJ
    Pick up11 Jan 2021
    Estimated delivery13 Jan 2021 before 6pm
    Pieces1

Pen arrived at lunchtime today.
    Looks well and writes nicely.
    Many thanks OP.

Advertisement